The Official 1971-1999 Picture Thread

loveofamouse

This isn't my own picture and I know a lot of people hated it, but I thought the 1997 25th anniversary castle cake was AWESOME! I really wanted to go see it, but we opted to wait a year so we could experience Animal Kingdom. I wouldn't mind at all if they did something like this again!

4b.jpg

I LOVE Castle Cake and wish I had seen it! It amazes me the level of transformation. I wonder how it was done without killing the magic the few days prior to the debut. I also liked when stitch destroyed the castle. I liked the summer fireworks making it look like the pirates attacked the castle. I love it all!

MotherOfBirds

Why couldn't they have just removed those two front-and-canter trees so it wouldn't block the view of the castle but we could keep the shade and serenity of the old look?

And I like the cake castle as well, partly because it was my first memory of MK as a child and I thought it was very cool then too XD Now, I can understand brides and the like having a meltdown because Cinderella's castle isn't looking as regal as promised for her wedding, but other than that, I think is was a cool temporary overlay.

Computer Magic

Mickey1995.jpg

March 1995

This was not waiting one of those M&G lines they now require to meet a character. This was pre opening on our way to Cindy's breakfast. THis is the old fashion way, you bumped into them by chance where a picture with Mickey was rare....

DisneyPrincess5

I adore this thread! :sohappy:

You don't see the EWOKs much, if at all, anymore. As to the fashion statement, she could have at least worn a pink or black pack. lol

I agree! We went in 1990 when MGM and of course Star Tours were very new. There are photos of my dad with Ewoks and Chewbacca. Chewy and my dad were the same height!

GenerationX

I'm with you, Computer Magic. If my parents actually did take pictures of our trip to Disneyland in 78 (slim chance), it would be near impossible for me to find them among their boxes and boxes of junk in the basement. I know I took pictures of our trip to WDW in 83, but those pictures are lost in their basement, too (if they weren't tossed out).

Computer Magic

I'm with you, Computer Magic. If my parents actually did take pictures of our trip to Disneyland in 78 (slim chance), it would be near impossible for me to find them among their boxes and boxes of junk in the basement. I know I took pictures of our trip to WDW in 83, but those pictures are lost in their basement, too (if they weren't tossed out).

Polaroid-Polaroid-Zip.jpg

I guess I can't blame dad. These cameras would be hard to take on a plane. Since it was instant pictures where would you place all those polaroid pictures

4189529279_a0abbc98f3.jpg

LMAO...These pictures are examples from the Internet and not mine.

daliseurat

I LOVE Castle Cake and wish I had seen it! It amazes me the level of transformation. I wonder how it was done without killing the magic the few days prior to the debut. I also liked when stitch destroyed the castle. I liked the summer fireworks making it look like the pirates attacked the castle. I love it all!

It looks way better in pictures. In person it was awful and cheap looking. Pink paint and inflatable decorations. BLAAAA.

jrh1985

Remember my earlier post in this thread? Well here we go!

I first found this vid on youtube in Nov 2010 but, it was off youtube the same day due to audio issues, but it’s back now!!!
America The Musical Celebrating Mickey’s 60th Birthday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvkpNl7yoH0&feature=feedu
If anyone has Vids of this show or shows like it, Please put them on Youtube! I love the current state of MK Entertainment, but Youtube needs more of these!!

NYwdwfan

At some point, someone HAS to see their family in the background of someone elses pictures...I keep looking but haven't seen myself yet!

parkgoer

At some point, someone HAS to see their family in the background of someone elses pictures...I keep looking but haven't seen myself yet!

i hope someone can correct me, or has a link because i'm gonna chop this up. But i read somewhere, actually i think i saw it on the news down here...but I think a husband was looking at his wifes childhood disney world pictures (years before they ever met) and spotted his father in the backround of one of the pics. It goes something like that....

Tigger1988

i hope someone can correct me, or has a link because i'm gonna chop this up. But i read somewhere, actually i think i saw it on the news down here...but I think a husband was looking at his wifes childhood disney world pictures (years before they ever met) and spotted his father in the backround of one of the pics. It goes something like that....

Yes, they were gathering pictures for a wedding slide show and spotted the groom and his father in the background of the bride's photo.

Sarabell

I guess it's time for me to take out the family photo albums... I think 3/4 of the pics are disney pics. I know I can find a few that are worth posting on this thread! BTW, AWESOME THREAD!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom