The Official 1971-1999 Picture Thread

vonpluto

This was my only trip to WDW as a child, with my parents and grandmother. It must have been about 1979. I'm not even sure where some of these were taken.

florida795.jpg

Spent many a fine evening at those tables enjoying a ice cream sundae from Donald's Dairy Dip!
:slurp:

muse1983

Original Poster
Great thread idea. I love this shot. That camcorder might be even harder too explain to the kids than records or corded phones. "Yes dear, people would actually carry those around all day."

I'm just now noticing that there's a shirtless kid in the pic

tonganprince

wow, these are grrreat!

I went in 1990 with my friends (just graduated high school) in June. I will look to see if I can find old pictures.

Horizons1

holey Moley.. some where some one has photos of King Louie in the Jungle cruise.. at least one other person has brought this up.. I am not nuts.. no matter what you think or believe.. just because you weren't born in 1971.. much less gone to WDW..

some where some one has these photos..

In the alternate WDW universe diemension.

inluvwithbeast

I'm not sure what I love more about this pic...the Ewok or the amazing fashion statement my godmother is making. :lookaroun

008_3.jpg

I'm enjoying the couple in the background. Gotta love their matching shorts lengths and the pre-Ashton Kutcher trucker hat. I believe he has a -pack as well. Long live the 90s!

You how the talk about fashion always comes back? Well there are some things I'm afraid will come back. :/

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
OMG it's like the 1990s threw up on her, hilarious!

Pretty much. This photo encompasses much of what was wrong with 90s fashion. Day glo clothing, bike shorts on non-bikers, packs, big hair, men in short shorts, a lady with crazy printed clothing, a giant camcorder bag, and high top Reeboks. :dazzle:

I'm enjoying the couple in the background. Gotta love their matching shorts lengths and the pre-Ashton Kutcher trucker hat. I believe he has a -pack as well. Long live the 90s!

You how the talk about fashion always comes back? Well there are some things I'm afraid will come back. :/

As a side note, I'm pretty sure I had a dress just like that little girl was wearing. Oh how I loved ruffle dresses.

EvilQueen-T

we go every year and from what i've seen packs haven't disappeared. i hate them but they make sense when you're past the diaper bag/stroller/backpack stage yet don't want to carry a purse around all day. there's nothing like walking around wdw hands free (makes you feel like a kid again). :rolleyes:

EvilQueen-T

I had that same mickey hat, only in maroon.

I LOVE the little girls in the matching polka dot dresses. My parents would do matching outfits when we were kids so now when my sister and I do our annual adult girls only trip each fall we wear matching shirts each day...only at disney can you be that much of a fashion no no right?

rodserling27

There was a thread somewhere where someone had side-by-side photos of Cinderella Castle before and after "tree renovation." I think the first photo was 1992, the second one from 2010 or 2011...can someone put it here? I can't seem to find it!!!

Expo_Seeker40

Here you go. :wave:

30w9l79.jpg

9i4g1j.jpg

I liked the plaza trees, but by the 90s they were becoming too big. Even with pruning the large branches ending at perfect cuts would have looked ridiculous. I appreciate the open plaza we have now, but it lacks *something*.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom