The night I fell in the Magic Kingdom

Tidbit

Original Poster
I just got back from 6 days in WDW with 3 teenagers, and I wanna tell ya about the night I fell in the Magic Kingdom.

It was Saturday Nov 13th around 9:30pm in
DisneyUniversal11-11-102110-1-1.jpg

We just ordered the Angus Burger, and were by the "fixin's bar" when it happened. I slipped on a pickle! I am happy to say that I fell correctly nevertheless, which is why I landed on my knee, and I can thank my TaeKwonDo instructor for teaching falls in class now!

Well after it happened I just sat on the floor in pain, and cried which is why my teenage son ran to the cook, and said "you need to get help now!" He was scared his mommy was hurt :(

Both the cook, and the manager Jeremy came to my aid with ice.
MeondafloorDisney2.jpg

It was pretty bad, and I was unable to get up off the floor with out severe pain, so they had to call the EMT.......wow this is fun now!
MeondafloorDisney1.jpg

Well all was great after they wrapped my knee with ice, and of course the rest of the night I was stuck in a wheel chair.
DisneyUniversal11-11-102103-1.jpg

I just want to say that it was a crazy night, and the manager Jeremy was great!!! My kids loved the fact that the rest of the night we got right on the rides due to the injury, but since it was EMH until 2am it didn't really matter.
DisneyUniversal11-11-102708-1.jpg

rsoxguy

It seems as though you survived. I'm sorry to hear that your night was soured by an injury.:(

BTW, did you talk to them about sanding the floors? It looks as though your jeans were shredded by the fall. :)

DTM93

Awww!
I hope you feel better soon. :)
I know mine isn't as bad but everytime I've gone into the main park at Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris and Disneyland California I've been walking down Main Street USA and I always fall and it involves the curb everytime and so it's starting to become a worrying tradition that happens accidentally. :lol:

sublimesting

Hmmm, how handy your camera was....very well documented:lookaroun. Right on the rides you say? I think I may try "slipping on a pickle" when I am there next!

just kidding:wave:

me_stitch

Premium Member
seriously, how clutsy do you have to be to slip on a pickle? I would be embarassed to post something like that. life isn't a cartoon, I've never seen someone actually be taken down by a banana peel or a pickle in this case.

Tidbit

Original Poster
Well thanks to all who visit the blog, and thanks to all who asked if I'm ok.

Yes I am fine just a brusied knee,and RSOXGUY that comment about the jeans/floor was funny as hell!

@David2008 look out for curbs with pickles next time:ROFLOL:

MKCP 1985, fosse76, sublimesting, and me_stitch.......no there are no plans for a personal injury claim. I just wanted to share what a crazy night I had at the Magic Kingdom with my three crazy teenagers who are the ones that took all the pics using the camera's on there cell phones. Aslo I wanted to let all know how great WDW was in making sure I was ok.

@Me_stitch the funny thing about your comment: "seriously, how clutsy do you have to be to slip on a pickle? I would be embarassed to post something like that. life isn't a cartoon, I've never seen someone actually be taken down by a banana peel or a pickle in this case."
Is that I am not a clutsy person AT ALL, that is what makes the whole night funny, and is why my kids thought is was funny and took pics (after they found out I was ok that is) because whenever they break something and need a cast or whatever I am always there taking pics, so it was as my kids say "payback". Embarassed.....hell no, and yes sometimes life should be a cartoon after all I was in the Happiest and my favorite place on earth!

MKCP 1985

glad you are okay and able to laugh it off. :wave:

I will be on the lookout for those runaway pickles the next time down.

meekoman

seriously, how clutsy do you have to be to slip on a pickle? I would be embarassed to post something like that. life isn't a cartoon, I've never seen someone actually be taken down by a banana peel or a pickle in this case.

That was a pretty rude comment to make. I could easily see how someone could slip on a rubbery pickle slice, especially in the dimly lit Pecos Bill

Disneybird

Well, I'm glad you're okay and still had a great trip.

As for the clutsy slipping on a pickle comment, I work in a doctors office. People would be surprised at how many elderly people we have treated that have slipped on grapes at Walmart.

Tidbit

Original Poster
Ouch ! Hope it is all better!

All is great Donna, and I guess this will be my 1st scrapbook page I'll do from my Disney trip thanks to my kids taking pics?! When it's done I'll post it in the disney scapbook blog.

Walt Disney1955

MKCP 1985, fosse76, sublimesting, and me_stitch.......no there are no plans for a personal injury claim. I just wanted to share what a crazy night I had at the Magic Kingdom with my three crazy teenagers who are the ones that took all the pics using the camera's on there cell phones. Aslo I wanted to let all know how great WDW was in making sure I was ok.

That's good to know, because if some people are like me the first thing I thought was "here we go another person wanting to sue and get free undeserved money for doing absolutely nothing".

After all these things happen in life. Injuries are a part of life. Good to know you are cool with it and something good came out of it (no line up at rides). I'm sorry, but it is kind of funny. Slip on a pickle! I thought of a Charlie Chaplin flick immediately :animwink:

Thumbelina

Im glad to hear you are okay.

I think if it happened to me and which it probably would cause I seem to always trip over stuff the first words would be, did take any pictures?! Not to sue just to laugh at myself about it.

disneyrcks

I am an extremely clumsy person and have tripped at grocery stores and malls on absolutely nothing lol! :ROFLOL: Whenever I get together with my college friends the main topic is laughing at eachother for epic falls! I am glad u are okay and thank you for sharing this story...it definitely brought a smile to my face (only because u are okay :wave:)!

disneyrcks

Seriously, how nasty do u have to be to make such a nasty comment on what is meant to be a lighthearted thread? I would be embarassed to know someone that makes such a negative nasty response. life can be a cartoon(funny things happen), but because u are so ridiculously cold hearted and mean, I must say, I have never seen anybody sink so low to a seriously rude, morally void post till I read one written by me_stitch....happy holidays to you too....I hope u can find either a sense of humor or a sense of politeness!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom