The new TTA is just plain annoying now. Another ruined ride.

TTA Announcer

What bugs me is why they didn't just get Pete Renaday to do an updated version to reflect the new attractions.
He still VAs and does/has done many VOs for the parks. First 20k Leagues (voiced Cpt. Nemo), now TTA Central. What's next?

I guess if you really feel down about it, as I do, you could take an ipod with you and play the old audio as you ride it. :D

It really makes me wonder if the same imagineers that redid Pirates and Haunted Mansion are the same dudes that redid Spaceship Earth and the TTA. Somehow Pirates and Haunted Mansion have totally kept their original ambiance while the TTA and Spaceship Earth seem to be have done by the Stitch Great Escape imagineering crew or something.

That made me giggle.:ROFLOL:

lilclerk

I guess if you really feel down about it, as I do, you could take an ipod with you and play the old audio as you ride it. :D
I definitely did that last December :lol:

I'm not a fan of the new narration, but I can live with it. I'm REALLY bummed they took out the Star Tunnel music from the Space Mountain section. That made it one of my favorite rides.

Cmdr_Crimson

I was there during the transition of the attraction audio and I was expecting just an update of some of the newer attractions..Well, the next day came and boy what a downer....When I first heard it, It reminded me of the Wedway Peoplemover spiel of the Mid 80's. However the addition of adding the character voices after each explanation of an attraction or Bret Iwan really struggling to get that Wayne Alwine Mickey voice for Mickey's Startraders..It's just not the same..I even had my Star Tunnel audio on my PSP to play while in the Space Mountain area to make it sound better...But like it or love it.....It's staying and there's nothing we can do..

Skyview Hovercraft one is down!:cry:
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_-k5Y76APY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_-k5Y76APY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

DisneyNut2007

What bugs me is why they didn't just get Pete Renaday to do an updated version to reflect the new attractions.
He still VAs and does/has done many VOs for the parks. First 20k Leagues (voiced Cpt. Nemo), now TTA Central. What's next?

Sounds like someone needs to get a life and learn to embrace change...

ABigBrassBand

The paging Mr. Tom Morrow part is the only thing that is really bad about it. Well, and the Stitch spiel, that just makes my ears ache.

cassiedoodle

After listening to the new audio from beginning to end, I am completely heartbroken. I can remember riding this with my parents when I was little and plotting the EXACT moment that "Mr. Morrow" would come on... Listening to the previous narration makes me happy beyond words. We'll be there in two weeks with my husband and it'll be hard not to get upset :cry:

It seems like this sugar coated narrations are haunting us WDW addicts. Last trip, I was incredibly disgusted with the new narration on Backlot, and now to think that it's happened to my FAVORITE WDW ride is so upsetting.

But sadly, I highly doubt our beloved old audio will come back... So I guess we just have to make new memories with this one :(

DisneyNut2007

After listening to the new audio from beginning to end, I am completely heartbroken. I can remember riding this with my parents when I was little and plotting the EXACT moment that "Mr. Morrow" would come on... Listening to the previous narration makes me happy beyond words. We'll be there in two weeks with my husband and it'll be hard not to get upset :cry:

It seems like this sugar coated narrations are haunting us WDW addicts. Last trip, I was incredibly disgusted with the new narration on Backlot, and now to think that it's happened to my FAVORITE WDW ride is so upsetting.

But sadly, I highly doubt our beloved old audio will come back... So I guess we just have to make new memories with this one :(

Well, you do understand that the previous TTA narration was not the "ORIGINAL" narration.

It's been stated before and shall stated again: With its new narration (similar to the 1970's and 1980's WEDWay Peoplemover narration tracks), the TTA has returned to its roots!

It's not "sugar-coating" in any respect!

Go get a life, Cassie!

docandsix

I vote thumbs down, too.

I really didn't like the new version. It's a disappointment that brings me back to the real world instead of transporting me to a different one.

knnyrobb

My daughter loved the paging Mr. Tom Morrow part. Used to say it all the time. We were there last sept/oct and one day enjoyed the older version and then rode again the next day and heard the new. I prefer the old and she was pretty upset about no Tom Morrow ....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom