The new TTA is just plain annoying now. Another ruined ride.

jeffk410

Another person who can't adapt to change. oops. Oh well I loved the old TTA jokes, but sometimes us, the true fans, are in the minority. I think sometimes things need to be spiced up a bit... the new audio is definately more futuristic.

Tom Morrow

The new narration is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Don't give me this "I can't adapt to change" BS, because I would be perfectly fine with a new narration IF IT WASN'T TERRIBLE with absolutely NO thought put into it.

Here are just a few reasons why its terrible:

- The voice. They picked the most generic, overly sugar-coated voice possible.

- The script does not stay "in character" with Tomorrowland (and I don't care if the pre-'94 versions didn't either, its better when it does) and instead sounds like a resort channel advertisement.

- "The PeopleMover is the perfect vehicle for people watching!" = creepy. They want you to watch other guests?

- Mickey says "Thats right, its out of this world!" Just moments before entering Space Mountain, where they tell you that Space Mountain is "an adventure thats out of this world!" How creative.

- An example of dumbing down: The former "The Centerpiece of Rocket Tower Plaza is the League of Planets Astro Orbiter. This symbol of universal harmony provides all beings with an exhilarating spin around the planets." was changed to "For a different high-flying adventure, hop on board the astro orbiter!" or something equally lame.

- The script says that Carousel of Progress shows you FOUR families. Its ONE FAMILY. HOW does such a stupid and insulting mistake like this make it to the final product???

- The script is full of various generic cliche sayings, like "Share the Fun!" after MILF.

- Still no music in Space Mountain, making it awkwardly silent.

I should note that despite all this, the ride is not ruined for me, but holy hell, what a horrible narration.

Dj Corona

Although not a fan of the new audio, and not that it made that big a difference, much happier TTA didn't break down as much last time I was there...Too much of a good thing starts to make you go @#%$#@ when you're stuck on it twice, once for 30+ minutes, with nowhere to go....

ABigBrassBand

Mostly all we do is b**** and moan here, wouldn't Walt have wanted us not to do that? Remember guys, WDW/DLR are living things, always changing for the better.

Susan Savia

Well........don't ride it then. I don't half pay attention to all that when on the ride, but am busy taking pictures, enjoying being off my feet for a few short minutes and talking to my family. And yes, they did ruin Spaceship Earth with all those changes and the unnecessary graphics but we still ride it. Its such a shame to see them bring down good attractions like that.

devoy1701

The new narration is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Don't give me this "I can't adapt to change" BS, because I would be perfectly fine with a new narration IF IT WASN'T TERRIBLE with absolutely NO thought put into it.

Here are just a few reasons why its terrible:

- The voice. They picked the most generic, overly sugar-coated voice possible.

- The script does not stay "in character" with Tomorrowland (and I don't care if the pre-'94 versions didn't either, its better when it does) and instead sounds like a resort channel advertisement.

- "The PeopleMover is the perfect vehicle for people watching!" = creepy. They want you to watch other guests?

- Mickey says "Thats right, its out of this world!" Just moments before entering Space Mountain, where they tell you that Space Mountain is "an adventure thats out of this world!" How creative.

- An example of dumbing down: The former "The Centerpiece of Rocket Tower Plaza is the League of Planets Astro Orbiter. This symbol of universal harmony provides all beings with an exhilarating spin around the planets." was changed to "For a different high-flying adventure, hop on board the astro orbiter!" or something equally lame.

- The script says that Carousel of Progress shows you FOUR families. Its ONE FAMILY. HOW does such a stupid and insulting mistake like this make it to the final product???

- The script is full of various generic cliche sayings, like "Share the Fun!" after MILF.

- Still no music in Space Mountain, making it awkwardly silent.

I should note that despite all this, the ride is not ruined for me, but holy hell, what a horrible narration.

haha, the "people watching" line is pretty creep! "You never know what you might see!" its like they think they need to come up with more reasons for people to like the TTA, so at a brainstorm session someone said "I know! We can say it's good for People Watching!"

I completely agree with you Mr. Tom Morrow...I wouldn't complain about the spiel either if it had changed for the better. But the narrator's voice, tone, and those even cornier jokes and lines just don't fit.

Mostly all we do is b**** and moan here, wouldn't Walt have wanted us not to do that? Remember guys, WDW/DLR are living things, always changing for the better.

A key point to be made is that the parks are supposed to be changing for the better. Changes like this spiel are not for the better in most of our opinions.

steener618

My brother and I are disappointed at this audio change, yet we still like to hang around on TTA.

They removed our favorite joke in the whole ride - "Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring".

My brother and I used to quote that to everyone we knew. It was fun looking at the puzzled expressions before they got it.

And now its gone!

hpyhnt 1000

Not with the current Tomorrowland maybe....

There again the current Tomorrowland is a shadow of its 1995 self.

Ah, isn't that true. :(

Apart from the delivery and content of the new narration, thats the other problem with this new version; it doesn't match what is still the current (however minimal) theme of Tomorrowland. Right now, we have a PeopleMover script for a Transit Authority themed attraction. It just leads to an overall substandard expereince.

Now, the rumor goes that this inarration is the beginning of a "new" Tomorrowland, one that eliminates the whole galactic spaceport overlay. If thats the case, then this new narration would work better since its assumed that the whole TTA theme would therefore disappear along with the spaceport. :shrug:

Tom Morrow

Even if their goal was to eliminate the Spaceport theme and have the ride return to its roots... its STILL a very poorly thought out and produced recording for the reasons I noted above.

At the VERY least, they could have used a futuristic sounding voice, like the female voice at the beginning and end, and done some proof-reading so it wouldn't have errors like "four families" and vague cliche's like "share the fun!"

devoy1701

Ah, isn't that true. :(

Apart from the delivery and content of the new narration, thats the other problem with this new version; it doesn't match what is still the current (however minimal) theme of Tomorrowland. Right now, we have a PeopleMover script for a Transit Authority themed attraction. It just leads to an overall substandard expereince.

Now, the rumor goes that this inarration is the beginning of a "new" Tomorrowland, one that eliminates the whole galactic spaceport overlay. If thats the case, then this new narration would work better since its assumed that the whole TTA theme would therefore disappear along with the spaceport. :shrug:

that is very sad news IMO if we lose the Space Port theme of Tomorrowland.

hpyhnt 1000

Even if their goal was to eliminate the Spaceport theme and have the ride return to its roots... its STILL a very poorly thought out and produced recording for the reasons I noted above.

At the VERY least, they could have used a futuristic sounding voice, like the female voice at the beginning and end, and done some proof-reading so it wouldn't have errors like "four families" and vague cliche's like "share the fun!"

Oh, I agree completely! There are definitely problems with the content of the new narration. But content becomes open to interpretation; many people dislike the new version, but at the same time, some like it. So, I put content aside and argue from the standpoint of theme where there is less room for debate. From the standpoint of theme, the old narration was by far and away superior to this current version.

I might also say that if their goal was to start to eliminate the whole starport theme of Tomorrowland, then the new Space Montain goes completely against that as it is now explicitly referred to as Starport 75 along with other specific references that allude to a spaceport theme such as the Tomorrowland Chamber of Commerce. :brick:

EDIT: I don't know if or what will happen to the spaceport theme of Tomorrowland, only that, when the new narration debuted, it was rumored to be a sign that the spaceport theme that we've known might be disappearing. :shrug:

dreamscometrue

I actually prefer the new version. I hated the "NOW APPROACHING" spiel. The current version is much closer to the original versions of the peoplemover. The ride was initially a tour of tomorrowland and this version brings that back. I do agree that the script needs a bit of work as well as the voice, but the idea isn't bad.

I like the new one better too...needs some tweaking, but I like the idea

and...

I like SSE better now too...there, I said it. (duck and cover)

Future Guy

Using a highly scientific data-gathering process (a.k.a. sitting around and making things up) I have produced the following chart which breaks down exactly how everyone who's ridden the TTA since the audio changed feels about it:

TTAchart.png

gettingsmaller

Using a highly scientific data-gathering process (a.k.a. sitting around and making things up) I have produced the following chart which breaks down exactly how everyone who's ridden the TTA since the audio changed feels about it:

TTAchart.png
That's hilarious--and probably true.
That being said--and without arguing whether this narration is worse or better (worse :p)--the logical problem here is that you could make the parks worse in a number of ways, and the average guest wouldn't realize it. They either didn't pay that much attention to begin with OR it's their first time and they don't know any better. The PROBLEM is that--whether the average guest realizes it or not--the sum total of their "guest experience" is affected by just this sort of "small thing". Their vacations won't be ruined. They won't go home and tell people WDW was a drag. HOWEVER, they may be less impressed, less immersed, have less to tell when they go home.

Exprcoofto

TTAchart.png

And that's why things don't always change for the better, because the average guest is clueless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom