The New Fantasyland

EPCOT Explorer

There were a few additional areas that were labeled as attractions (Cinderella being one of them).

Some folks may have additional information regarding the caliber of the attractions but for the most part, most posters seem to be willfully ignoring them.

Seriously! At least we have TLM, at least we have the re-theme of FL!

I don't know how anyone could complain just yet.:shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There were a few additional areas that were labeled as attractions (Cinderella being one of them).

Some folks may have additional information regarding the caliber of the attractions but for the most part, most posters seem to be willfully ignoring them.
You cant be a fanboy unless you ignore all conflicting data.

jt04

Got to see the plans and at first I was puzzled but now I have a better idea. :eek:

This is a HUGE expansion to the MK. I have been hoping that any expansions would create extra pathways and this plan is covered with them. I had the wrong idea about Enchanted Forest, pretty much the entire area is designed as a "forest". Amazing concept. This is Pixie Hollow times 10 (plus pixie hollow). They have found a great way to incorporate BatB and just about every other Disney icon. (They have to find a way to put Bambi in the "forest" somewhere).

As for the idea that the LM ride building is smaller than DHS's, it appears it is taking up the entire area of the old 20K ride building which was a fairly massive building. It really is tough to get an idea of scale but my guess is this is about a 20% increase in the size of the MK. :)

I really appreciate that this is geared towards children. It is going to be an awesome place for families to explore and I'm not sure they could have gotten more into this project. I think when people see the artist concepts they will be absolutely amazed. It appears that there will be streams and vegetation and details at least as good as DLP. :xmas:

Love the concept and especially the layout of this plan. Bravo. :sohappy:

Skyway

I think it was Screamscape that had a crazy rumor about relocating the Aladdin Carpets to FL.

Is it possible that they would move just the ride system to create the second Dumbo?

Are the two systems symmetrical? (Same height? Same number of arms? Same spacing between cars?)

I'm sure the motors and supports and control systems are the most expensive part of the ride. But would the cost of dismantling, stripping, rebuilding, and re-landscaping the old Carpets site still be cheaper than buying a new off-the-shelf spinner system?

As much as I'm sure there's some in WDI and TDO who do not like the Aladdin Carpets, they did a lot of reconstruction in AL to make that fit (such as tearing out the large Tiki Room lagoon and garden).

Although I do not like the LOOK of the Carpet Spinner in AL, I think it (along with the Astro-Orbiter) is one of the more FUN spinners to ride, because of the lush scenery around it.

Animaniac93-98

I think the difference between "ride" and "attraction" needs to be figured out here. The space for the Cinderella and Aurora "attractions" is not large enough for a physical ride so they will most likely be walk through attractions like Mickey's/Minnie's Houses.

Some may "ignore" these "attractions" because in reality they are both small in size and appeal and most would probably wish for something else to be built instead. That's understandable given the size of the expansion and the fact that most people wouldn't be interested in that kind of elaborate meet and greet area anyway (like boys of any age).

In short, people want more rides and less Princess meet and greets from this project.

EPCOT Explorer

Got to see the plans and at first I was puzzled but now I have a better idea. :eek:

This is a HUGE expansion to the MK. I have been hoping that any expansions would create extra pathways and this plan is covered with them. I had the wrong idea about Enchanted Forest, pretty much the entire area is designed as a "forest". Amazing concept. The is Pixie Hollow times 10 (plus pixie hollow). They have found a great way to incorporate BatB and just about every other Disney icon. (They have to find a way to put Bambi in the "forest" somewhere).

As for the idea that the LM ride building is smaller than DHS's, it appears it is taking up the entire area of the old 20K ride building which was a fairly massive building. It really is tough to get an idea of scale but my guess is this is about a 20% increase in the size of the MK. :)

I really appreciate that this is geared towards children. It is going to be an awesome place for families to explore and I'm not sure they could have gotten more into this project. I think when people see the artist concepts they will be absolutely amazed. It appears that there will be streams and vegetation and details at least as good as DLP. :xmas:

Love the concept and especially the layout of this plan. Bravo. :sohappy:

Don't know if it will be that big, but it's big.:D

Kinda odd that we are loosing a land...6 lands. Hmm. I don't mind, but this is very interesting.

YES for vegetation!!! And water!!!:lol::sohappy: That would make my day!

This is looking GREAT.

*giggles*:lol::lookaroun

So are we thinking that the rumor that the carpets are moving, is connected to the double Dumbo showing on the plans? And a new interactive queue for Dumbo is interesting as well.

Also from what I see the judges tent is going with this so is a permanent Mickey meet and greet going somewhere? or is it being completely lost to princesses and fairies.

A lot of new foot traffic and hopefully nice things to look at. Looks like the facade for VOTLM should be really nice. Hopefully this pulls a nice feel into the whole FL area. I am ok with one new ride as long as we get some area covered to eat up guest capacity and is well themed.

Still would love a Lee comment on all of this. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

I think the difference between "ride" and "attraction" needs to be figured out here. The space for the Cinderella and Aurora "attractions" is not large enough for a physical ride so they will most likely be walk through attractions like Mickey's/Minnie's Houses.

Some may "ignore" these "attractions" because in reality they are both small in size and appeal and most would probably wish for something else to be built instead. That's understandable given the size of the expansion and the fact that most people wouldn't be interested in that kind of elaborate meet and greet area anyway (like boys of any age).

In short, people want more rides and less Princess meet and greets from this project.

But look at what we ARE getting...TLM, a whole new FL, more space...Rethemes of Barnstormer....Greenery, hopefully.

I'm fine with this.

Also think this supports the castle couryard idea with that new castle wall creating an extended castle that leads out to the village of belle? Kinda what it looks like to me.

Animaniac93-98

I think it was Screamscape that had a crazy rumor about relocating the Aladdin Carpets to FL.

Is it possible that they would move just the ride system to create the second Dumbo?

Are the two systems symmetrical? (Same height? Same number of arms? Same spacing between cars?)

I'm sure the motors and supports and control systems are the most expensive part of the ride. But would the cost of dismantling, stripping, rebuilding, and re-landscaping the old Carpets site still be cheaper than buying a new off-the-shelf spinner system?

From a satellite image of the park they look about the same size, but I'm not sure if it's worth trying to strip it down move parts of the ride if they could just build Dumbo again from scratch on the new site with old plans.

EPCOT Explorer

As much as I'm sure there's some in WDI and TDO who do not like the Aladdin Carpets, they did a lot of reconstruction in AL to make that fit (such as tearing out the large Tiki Room lagoon and garden).

Although I do not like the LOOK of the Carpet Spinner in AL, I think it (along with the Astro-Orbiter) is one of the more FUN spinners to ride, because of the lush scenery around it.

I see Dumbo area A and B. I think that's what's happening.:D

Animaniac93-98

But look at what we ARE getting...TLM, a whole new FL, more space...Rethemes of Barnstormer....Greenery, hopefully.

I'm fine with this.

Me too, but I could understand why someone might be disappointed that were getting Cinderella's house and not another dark ride.

The expansion should look very nice though, especially with all that water and landscaping.

jt04

I'm good with that!:ROFLOL::goodnevil

Anyway, looking at the plans...I see a HUGE Dumbo area...and a interactive queue. Makes me think that there is more to Dumbo here.:shrug:

same with Belle and her complex.

There's a ton to be seen here.

I agree, the scale of this is amazing. And the trend is to move away from passive dark rides and towards more interactive attractions. This is covered in interactive stuff. Perfect for Kim Possible type technology and RFID potential. Truly living up to the "Fantasyland" name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom