The new extended Fantasyland Vs Harry potter land??

Which new park attraction would you rather visit/most look forward too?

• Harry potter world at universal

Votes: 87 48.3%
  • Extended Fantasyland

Votes: 64 35.6%
  • CANT CHOOSE! BOTH!!!

Votes: 29 16.1%

• Total voters

CaptainMichael

I'm very biased here because I love the little mermaid and can't wait to see Ursula in a dark ride. BUT I do read the harry potter books and enjoy the movies.

I'm a full time college student and I don't get to go to WDW every year. I've only been 5 times (hopefully 6 by the end of summer) so when I go to Orlando, I don't want to 'waste' a day at Universal for one part of the park that is going to be SO crowded, even though I think the rides will terrify little kids, potter fans or not.

The only part that I'm excited for is the hope that Harry Potter will drag some Disney fans away from the parks so the lines will be shorter! :)

:brick:

The lines may be long for Forbidden Journey, but the rest of Islands of Adventure and the Studios park should be very manageable now that everyone will likely be concentrated in 1 place. I'd argue that a 1 day multipark ticket at Universal Orlando holds much more value because more can be done. Certainly worth skipping Animal Kingdom if you are pressed for time. No wasting of a day at Universal, that's for sure. Plenty to do.

It's not like there aren't any lines in Fantasyland:cool:

:wave:

glee

Original Poster
:brick:

The lines may be long for Forbidden Journey, but the rest of Islands of Adventure and the Studios park should be very manageable now that everyone will likely be concentrated in 1 place. I'd argue that a 1 day multipark ticket at Universal Orlando holds much more value because more can be done. Certainly worth skipping Animal Kingdom if you are pressed for time. No wasting of a day at Universal, that's for sure. Plenty to do.

and the lines for the rides are apparently going to be pretty exciting as well! You walk through the great hall, griffindor common room,classrooms, room of requirement etc!!!!

CaptainMichael

and the lines for the rides are apparently going to be pretty exciting as well! You walk through the great hall, griffindor common room,classrooms, room of requirement etc!!!!

Yep.

And take it from someone who knows. There is such a thing as too much WDW. You can only do everything so many times. That's why there is so much to do around Orlando!

glee

Original Poster
Yep.

And take it from someone who knows. There is such a thing as too much WDW. You can only do everything so many times. That's why there is so much to do around Orlando!

Yeah i suppose.

IM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR HARRY POTTER!!! :) :) :) :)

But yes i agree. I love love disney but im not one of these people who just go to florida for disney. I have to see and do everything. Florida is such an amazing beautiful place.:D:D:D

fosse76

Yep.

Agreed. I had originally planned to go to WDW at the end of April, but switched plans before I booked a flight. Just wasn't too terribly excited about it. Going to Disneyland instead for the first time since I was ten. I am totally psyched about that! I'm definitely considering a long weeken trip at the beginning of June to head to WDW and Universal though.

plaz10

I do go to Florida for JUST Disney. So IMO, Universal is a waste because I don't enjoy the other rides nearly as much as Disney, even AK. I'd rather do Epcot an extra day than Universal. But thats just me.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I do go to Florida for JUST Disney. So IMO, Universal is a waste because I don't enjoy the other rides nearly as much as Disney, even AK. I'd rather do Epcot an extra day than Universal. But thats just me.

Sounds just like me 4 years ago, then I started going to Universal for a day, really began to appreciate the parks. Now whenever I go down to WDW I always book a night at universal and spend a day and night over there. I still prefer disney, but I no longer discount USF. MY suggestion to you is to give it another shot, you might be pleasantly suprised.

MousDad

Per anyone's taste, it may or may not be a waste of time. But it most definitely does not have to be a waste of money. Why? because this summer you can stay in a Uni-partner resort, Flexpass tickets for 4, + Potter extras, for the same price of a Disney Mod room-only ressie.

Meaning, you could do the Uni resort/Flexpass and add Disney tix, and pay the same money as when you stay in a mod w/ only Disney tix.

If I can get down in June, that's how I'm rolling.

Lee

Adventurer
Potter just scored another point with me.
The official height limit for Forbidden Journey: 48".
The excitement level just went up a notch. I was a tiny bit afraid it would be lower, meaning less thrilling.
:sohappy:

SAV

I have been to Universal already. I don't care about Harry Potter at all and I don't get the whole wizard deal going on, so I will stick with Disney.

Buried20KLeague

Per anyone's taste, it may or may not be a waste of time. But it most definitely does not have to be a waste of money. Why? because this summer you can stay in a Uni-partner resort, Flexpass tickets for 4, + Potter extras, for the same price of a Disney Mod room-only ressie.

Meaning, you could do the Uni resort/Flexpass and add Disney tix, and pay the same money as when you stay in a mod w/ only Disney tix.

If I can get down in June, that's how I'm rolling.

Wow, does it really work out like that??

If so, that's a GREAT point. Makes the free dining pin offer I just got in my e-mail look quite a bit less attractive...

MousDad

Wow, does it really work out like that??

If so, that's a GREAT point. Makes the free dining pin offer I just got in my e-mail look quite a bit less attractive...

When I ran some numbers for June a while back, it was about that way, maybe give or take 100.

Note: that's an off-property partner hotel, like the Doubletree resort. The actual Uni-resorts would compare with a Deluxe in price, but again you'd be getting 2 sets of tickets for pretty much the same money.

craigp

We cut our annual August 8 day Disney trip by 2 days, to go to Universal. Staying at Hard Rock so we can get front-of-the-line passes. So the financial impact to Disney is significant if lots of folks do this....normally only visit Univeral every five years or so. With all those great coasters, and now Wizard world....may be spending more time at Universal.

Disney needs to come up with some new, excellent rides.....

Craig

glee

Original Poster
We cut our annual August 8 day Disney trip by 2 days, to go to Universal. Staying at Hard Rock so we can get front-of-the-line passes. So the financial impact to Disney is significant if lots of folks do this....normally only visit Univeral every five years or so. With all those great coasters, and now Wizard world....may be spending more time at Universal.

Disney needs to come up with some new, excellent rides.....

Craig

Thats what i love about them though. Disney has family rides and universal big rides. I think the difference is what makes them great. I personally find the coasters such as thunder mountain, space mountain and everest more exciting and fun then universal because at universal they are all very siimilar.

CANT WAIT for Harry potter like ive said 10000000000000000 times though.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

disneygirl1

I got to me honest, I voted both, but I so can not wait to go to the Wizarding World of HP in December!!! This will be the first time I venture off of Disney property during a trip. I been to Universal in Hollywood, and am so excited to go and compare

krankenstein

To be honest, when I go back in June for HP/Disney, I will be staying at a Universal resort and not a Disney resort for several days. I will probably be at Disney for a day or two using my AP, but I will not be eating at Disney near as much or spending the money I normally would.

memster

Why pit them against each other, when they'll BOTH bring more people into the Magic Kingdom?

I'm excited about the Fantasyland expansion because I think Fantasyland needs a stronger visual identity and sense of place, and this project looks like it will provide that.

I agree it will bring in more tourist:animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

To be honest, when I go back in June for HP/Disney, I will be staying at a Universal resort and not a Disney resort for several days. I will probably be at Disney for a day or two using my AP, but I will not be eating at Disney near as much or spending the money I normally would.

We can only hope there are a ton of other people like you. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom