The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Magenta Panther

I'd love to see some sort of evidence that people are somehow tired of Rainbow Connection or not tired of When You Wish Upon a Star.

Shall we use Foozie Bear's "logic"? As I noted, when the new puppet show's producers tried to lure back in fleeing viewers, they had the frog puppet sing the Rainbow song in an episode (not the good one from "The Wizard of Oz", the other one). And the ratings fell. Which means more viewers left. No similar evidence exists that people are tired of "When You Wish Upon A Star". So whatever. Enjoy your puppet show in Liberty Square.

Matt_Black

Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-missed-it-Flew-right-by-ya.jpg

You gotta keep your eye on the ball! Eye! Ball! Eyeball! That's half a gag, right there!

FoozieBear

Shall we use Foozie Bear's "logic"? As I noted, when the new puppet show's producers tried to lure back in fleeing viewers, they had the frog puppet sing the Rainbow song in an episode (not the good one from "The Wizard of Oz", the other one). And the ratings fell. Which means more viewers left. No similar evidence exists that people are tired of "When You Wish Upon A Star". So whatever. Enjoy your puppet show in Liberty Square.

The show failed because it failed to recapture what audiences love or remember about The Muppets. I admire what they were doing and had high hopes for it, but it flopped. They messed up the brand without a clear understanding of what makes the Muppets, well, The Muppets. And it showed, through reviews and ratings. Once the showrunners noticed this, they decided to back the classic route. Kermit singing Rainbow Connection was essentially a way of showing the audience "Hey, we're going back to that thing you love about the characters". It was an action that spoke louder than words and I loved it and the critics did too. The only problem was that it was too late, and in a world when the pilot episode can make or break a show, The Muppets was already a lost cause.

For the people that liked the episodes leading up to the Rainbow Connection episode obviously liked the format and either didn't care about the legacy of The Muppets/or preferred this new iteration better, were probably upset to see the show flip-flopping it's format, so they jumped ship. I think the entire production, up until the new showrunner took place, was an giant mess. That's what happens when shows get rushed to production in only three months.

I love the show for what it was though, and this will be a learning lesson for any franchise going forward.

Magenta Panther

It's a bad thing because Magenta Panther hates Muppets. Anyone who enjoys Muppets is clearly part of what's wrong with the world today.

It's a bad thing because, as many on this thread besides myself have pointed out, the entertainment is inappropriate for the venue. But whatever. Enjoy your puppet show on Liberty Square.

59817041.jpg

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
It's a bad thing because, as many on this thread besides myself have pointed out, the entertainment is inappropriate for the venue. But whatever. Enjoy your puppet show on Liberty Square.

59817041.jpg
I would like to take a moment to personally thank the person who thought of adding the ignore feature. Now back, back, over the falls with you, you troll!

Magenta Panther

We've already established that MP doesn't quite fathom Foghorn Leghorn references. Though come to think of it, he does remind me of a certain somebody...

Heneryhawk.jpg

What, the guy who was always kicking Foghorn's butt? Why thank you!

You remind me of a cartoon character too!

latest

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom