The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Seabasealpha1

I'm just confused why this is here when we're getting Muppets Courtyard in DHS? This could be funny and entertaining but why not make a show there? DHS needs all it can get. Who knows, maybe something else will go in DHS. Call me cautiously optimistic. If it's not good it could always easily go away.
I'd guess because discerning Disney "jerks" like me skip DHS for the time being because, let's face it, there's nothing to do there for a full day that makes blowing a whole non-hopper day on worth it. Especially when you have two little boys like I do.

In fact, last trip, we just wound up spending three days at Magic Kingdom instead of our usual two. I felt zero guilt. Though, I would have loved very much to see the "hatless" main drag at DHS...

Horizons1

Whatever happen to the Muppet Mobile Lab?

muppet-mobile-lab-418.JPG
Went to Hong Kong Disneyland. Not sure if it's still there.

I'm ok with this. Could be entertaining.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

I love this, mostly. The idea of a live Muppet show, with actual Muppets, is something a lot of people have wanted for a long time. As for it being in Liberty Square...I completely understand why some are hesitant, but on the other hand I can't help feeling like it miiiiiiiight actually work. Heck, if you want to talk about breaking from the concept of Liberty Square, the land's most well-known attraction is full of ghosts and macabre.

Animaniac93-98

I agree - glad it's not a random new Disney character.

You mean like someone created specifically to fit within the context of Liberty Square? This gets done with other lands like the Main Street Trolley Show cast and the Royal Majesty Makers. Why not LS too?

Perhaps Oct 1st to concide with the 45th anniversary of MK.

And the start of the next fiscal quarter.

Mike S

I love this, mostly. The idea of a live Muppet show, with actual Muppets, is something a lot of people have wanted for a long time. As for it being in Liberty Square...I completely understand why some are hesitant, but on the other hand I can't help feeling like it miiiiiiiight actually work. Heck, if you want to talk about breaking from the concept of Liberty Square, the land's most well-known attraction is full of ghosts and macabre.
Technically both of Liberty Square's attractions are full of dead people.

MrHappy

PUPPETEERS?

My interest in this just shot WAY up. I'm guessing it's a prerecorded track they'd perform to.

Would it be possible that it will mix AA (with the projection faces) or all AA? I know this goes against the core of a Muppet/Puppet, but might give an extra wow factor if they can pull it off. I'm not just talking about the AA's in 3D, but something more technologically advanced.

DisneyJunkie

To be honest, everything Muppets since the passing of Jim Henson has been "meh" at best, which is a real shame. They've never been able to recapture that clever, singular wit that Henson had and infused in his Muppet creation. I hate the new movies, hated the now-cancelled TV show, and the idea of them trying yet again to entertain is just a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I do love the Muppets......but only during the Jim Henson era (The Muppet Show and first 3 movies). Definitely not going to ooh and ahhh over this new announcement.

Rodan75

I can't believe this rumor turned out to be true. I'm excited...but totally floored this turned out to be true.

I had just assumed this whole thread was 30 pages of the @Magenta Panther complaining about the muppets not being Disney enough, and everyone saying 'Panther you are crazy' and hoping to change the panther... which we all know won't happen.

(Okay...I read a few pages back...and it is what happened for the last 30 pages)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom