The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Bacon

Stephen-Colbert-I-Told-You-So.gif
I knew this was gonna happen

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As always, I'm impressed with the knowledge here on WDWMagic... When this thread first appeared in April, I thought there was no way this could be true, yet here we are, 3-4 months later and Disney is announcing more or less exactly what was posted here earlier this year... Bravo!

Magenta Panther

I can't believe this rumor turned out to be true. I'm excited...but totally floored this turned out to be true.

I had just assumed this whole thread was 30 pages of the @Magenta Panther complaining about the muppets not being Disney enough, and everyone saying 'Panther you are crazy' and hoping to change the panther... which we all know won't happen.

(Okay...I read a few pages back...and it is what happened for the last 30 pages)

I was hardly alone in my incredulous disgust at this graceless idea. But whatever. Enjoy your puppet show.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Placement of this in Liberty Square, as opposed to DHS, seems odd initially. However, since the Muppets are intended to exist in the real world, there's no particular reason they can't be in any park. In DHS, the Muppets show us movie-making technology. In Liberty Square, they can tell us about American history. Put them in Epcot, and they can tell us about science (Muppet Mobile Lab) or foreign cultures (Miss Piggy's guide to France, eg.). And put them in DAK, and they can teach us about the animals that they are -- Kermit telling us about frogs, e.g. This could, maybe, work.

Or it could seems drastically out of place and be terrible.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Placement of this in Liberty Square, as opposed to DHS, seems odd initially. However, since the Muppets are intended to exist in the real world, there's no particular reason they can't be in any park. In DHS, the Muppets show us movie-making technology. In Liberty Square, they can tell us about American history. Put them in Epcot, and they can tell us about science (Muppet Mobile Lab) or foreign cultures (Miss Piggy's guide to France, eg.). And put them in DAK, and they can teach us about the animals that they are -- Kermit telling us about frogs, e.g. This could, maybe, work.

Or it could seems drastically out of place and be terrible.

The content of this show seems like it fits the with the personality of the Muppet's. Reminds me of a Muppet's Christmas Carol (time period piece) as I think someone else mentioned as well..

aladdin2007

I cant help but think this is more of a test to see how its received, and then a possible new attraction replacement for HofP of some sort down the road, just saying. It wouldnt shock me if it was something they are looking into. Lets hope not but look at the IP fast track trend Chapek is replacing attractions with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom