The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

lebeau

My first trip to WDW was in the late 70s, and I remember fifes and drums in Liberty Square.

LibertySquare77.jpg

I'm the handsome one on the right. I still have the medal and reproduction of the Declaration of Independence that they gave us.

whiterhino42

This just doesn't bother me like the other stuff. The Muppets are ageless and I don't think it will ruin liberty square. I however HATE the toonification of epcot.

Haymarket2008

So is this something out of the way like the Kim Possible/Agent P thing in World Showcase? Something inconspicuous that will occasionally pop out and then go back into hiding? If so, that doesn't really bother me....I just wish they would invest this type of Muppet related magic into the Muppet Courtyard at DHS where it is actually needed.....It would be far better received if it was the eagle from America Sings. A true patriotic barker bird. Ah well.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I love the Muppets (and Disney's dedication to keeping them relevant despite some failures on the big and small screens) and I love Liberty Square so this doesn't sound like an awful idea at all to me but I completely understand the concerns and reservations some have raised. I'll be interested to hear the details on how it is actually being executed.

I do think introducing the Muppets IP into MK is a bit curious. I honestly never thought I'd see them go that route. I always thought they were a better fit for DHS. I know the parks arm and the tv/movie arms of the company are probably somewhat distant from one another but I have gotta believe this is will mean Disney will want to do something tv and/or movie related with the Muppets again sooner rather than later.
Well, when Jim Henson was going to sell his company (remember this is before the 90s decade of animated characters), The Muppets were going to take over Disneyland temporarily I believe for some anniversary with Animal in Potc, The Matterhorn would be painted green, Piggy would ride in Cinderella's carriage during the parade, and where the first permanent addition would have been bringing MuppetVision to replace Great Moments.
And then Jim passed away and all of the 90s animated movies happened, but by 2004... when those animated films weren't doing as well... You know what happened.

I still remember when Eisner acquired the Muppets in 2004 and how they were to planned ( I'm paraphrasing a quote of his from the announcement) to be the #3 franchise for the company. When people thought of The Walt Disney Company, they would first think Mickey and Minnie #1, then the Hundred Acre Wood characters #2, and then The Muppets...
And then Eisner left.

brb1006

I don't care if I am a negative nancy on this, but this idea is pretty bad. Doesn't Disney get the point about how people feel about the Muppets today? Show canceled after one season, Muppet 3D wait times of 10 minutes on a GOOD day, wrong sounding Muppets etc. How come they keep trying to push it on the public (rhetorical question)? I bet a lot of kids react this way when hearing about them: View attachment 148868
"Wrong Sounding Muppets"

Are you referring to the Muppet Lab Mobile with Beaker and Dr Bunsen Honeydew that was at Epcot years ago who had a deep voice?

TheOrangeBird01

"Wrong Sounding Muppets"

Are you referring to the Muppet Lab Mobile with Beaker and Dr Bunsen Honeydew that was at Epcot years ago who had a deep voice?

I think they're referring to the Muppet characters sounding different in recent projects (such as TV shows and movies). The only reason they sound "wrong" is because a majority of the characters had to be recast after many of the main muppeteers left, or died. Really though, people need to get over it. Jim Henson isn't coming back, so this is the way you'll hear Kermit talk for a long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom