The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Jon81uk

Personally I would rather see Sam Eagle talking about American History than Mickey and Goofy doing it. Some of the Muppet characters would be better placed in Liberty Square than most Disney characters. Maybe the Hensen workshop & Imaginerring could create a custom muppet in historic costume to talk to Sam Eagle.

ProfSavage

Point of reference...The Uncle Remus stories were collected from plantations in the deep South - mostly from Georgia. Kind of a "stretch" to call it from "the frontier" (although it does come from America's history). I agree that the non-specific "Critter Country" in DL is a better "fit" - if a successful mash-up of 1880s African-American folktales and late 1920s British children's stories could really exist anywhere...

Joel Chandler Harris wrote those stories based on slave and traditional stories in Putnam County/Eatonton, Georgia. Which, given the time period, was the "frontier" of Georgia since anything north of McIntosh Street in Milledgeville (the then state capitol and the county directly to the south of Putnam [where I live, conversely]) was considered the frontier/Indian territory/militia zones...

Okay I am being facetious. It is a stretch.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Curious if anyone has a link to the FB page that started this rumor. If it's already in this thread somewhere, could someone tell me the page number please?

Brian Swan

He would be a perfect face character.
latest
1800's upstate NY vice 1776 Boston/Philadelphia - but hey; if you can put Aladdin in Morocco, this is a minor issue :)

RSoxNo1

Curious if anyone has a link to the FB page that started this rumor. If it's already in this thread somewhere, could someone tell me the page number please?
I was never able to find the original facebook post. Here's my rumor tracker for this one:

June 29, 2016: .com is reporting that testing for the rumored Muppets show will begin soon. The show is expected to feature the Muppets educating guests on American history from the second story windows of Liberty Square.

May 12, 2016: Disney/ABC has canceled The Muppets television show. It is unknown if this will have any bearing on the future of The Muppets in the theme parks.

April 7, 2016: @Blog_Mickey on Twitter posted a photo of a scrim up around the 2nd floor of the Hall of Presidents.

April 6, 2016: wdwmagic posted on their forums that there is some credibility to this rumor. WDWMagic.com user drew81 also reported that this rumor is credible.

April 4, 2016: A report has surfaced that a Muppets inspired attraction may be headed to the second floor of Liberty Square. The original report originated on a fan's Facebook page but was re-posted on WDWMagic.com by user wdwgreek.

Mike S

1800's upstate NY vice 1776 Boston/Philadelphia - but hey; if you can put Aladdin in Morocco, this is a minor issue :)
Liberty Square actually represents more than just one location. Starting from the Haunted Mansion you go from Upstate New York to Boston/Philadelphia like you said and then you keep moving west across the U.S. all the way to Big Thunder Mountain. Pay attention to the numbers on each building. They represent years as you move forward through time around the RoA. It's all very interesting.

prfctlyximprct

I was never able to find the original facebook post. Here's my rumor tracker for this one:

June 29, 2016: *****.com is reporting that testing for the rumored Muppets show will begin soon. The show is expected to feature the Muppets educating guests on American history from the second story windows of Liberty Square.

May 12, 2016: Disney/ABC has canceled The Muppets television show. It is unknown if this will have any bearing on the future of The Muppets in the theme parks.

April 7, 2016: @Blog_Mickey on Twitter posted a photo of a scrim up around the 2nd floor of the Hall of Presidents.

April 6, 2016: wdwmagic posted on their forums that there is some credibility to this rumor. WDWMagic.com user drew81 also reported that this rumor is credible.

April 4, 2016: A report has surfaced that a Muppets inspired attraction may be headed to the second floor of Liberty Square. The original report originated on a fan's Facebook page but was re-posted on WDWMagic.com by user wdwgreek.

And the site that cannot be named posted a picture on their Twitter with a black curtain and you can see what looks to be an old guys and the bald eagle's eyes.

HiYa Pal

This makes me think of the muppets YouTube video that starts off with Sam Eagle saying "World Wide Web?!? Is there any way to post this on just the American Part?" If it is Sam Eagle and his full on patriotism, I have very high hopes, if it's Fozzie making jokes, that's another story.....

mimitchi33

Doesn't Disney get the point about how people feel about the Muppets today? Show canceled after one season
Actually, the show was going to be renewed, but ABC's president got fired over decling ratings (but that's what happens when you schedule it against The Voice) and low sales of Disney Infinity (thanks to Tomodachi Life and Just Dance selling more copies). It's sad, really.
Muppet 3D wait times of 10 minutes on a GOOD day]
Not exactly. On my last trip, I actually had to wait 15 minutes for the ride because Star Tours was down, since some kid tried to escape the ride after Jar Jar Binks came on screen and scared him.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Actually, the show was going to be renewed, but ABC's president got fired over decling ratings (but that's what happens when you schedule it against The Voice) and low sales of Disney Infinity (thanks to Tomodachi Life and Just Dance selling more copies). It's sad, really.

Not exactly. On my last trip, I actually had to wait 15 minutes for the ride because Star Tours was down, since some kid tried to escape the ride after Jar Jar Binks came on screen and scared him.
Declining ratings = less interest, no? So instead of 10 minutes you waited 15 minutes? I can see the huge amount of interest the ride generated even with an adjacent attraction breaking down.

Princess Leia

It won't happen because of spacing issues, but sometimes I wish that they would just add the Muppet Movie Ride, where they would have tried to recreate some of the scenes from the Great Movie Ride. Idk, there's a part of me that wants to see Gonzo emerge from the red smoke like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I think they're referring to the Muppet characters sounding different in recent projects (such as TV shows and movies). The only reason they sound "wrong" is because a majority of the characters had to be recast after many of the main muppeteers left, or died. Really though, people need to get over it. Jim Henson isn't coming back, so this is the way you'll hear Kermit talk for a long time.
It's a Family Guy reference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom