The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Brian Swan

BTW our views don't mesh, the Toons are the only things that should be kept in Fantasyland - for instance Monsters don't belong in Tomorrowland, same with Buzz or even Woody in Frontierland. Splash mountain characters are based on books which have are tales from the frontier. Which I have no problem with the idea of a Splash mountain near to or in Frontierland - Disneyland idea was better in a critter country.

Muppets can be put in any situation really and they just about fit, we have seen them as 1700 pirates and 1800 Charles Dickens characters so it is less of a mental stretch.
Point of reference...The Uncle Remus stories were collected from plantations in the deep South - mostly from Georgia. Kind of a "stretch" to call it from "the frontier" (although it does come from America's history). I agree that the non-specific "Critter Country" in DL is a better "fit" - if a successful mash-up of 1880s African-American folktales and late 1920s British children's stories could really exist anywhere...

Brian Swan

So it states it going onto the Second Story windows of the Heritage House building.....
r-1401758491-HeritageHouse4.JPG

Doesn't seem to be quite a big area..Unless plans to open it like a balcony as the Puppeteers can just do a small show or something...
I notice that the shutters on the brick portion are markedly different on the 2nd floor than on the 3rd floor. Have they always been this way, or is this a change?

Wikkler

It's not being considered... it's happening. The puppets are already on site. It will be The Muppet characters you already know, not new characters. You don't have to believe me. But get ready for it.
I can verify this.
I'm one of those people who prefer for Disney's America to remain a what-if, even though it would be a local Disney park for me. The idea would probably end up being more Disneyfied than Epcot is currently. The park would have included a Muppet show about Ellis Island... that is a terrible idea. No wonder they protested. It seems a good (or bad) idea really doesn't die at Disney...
This has been quiet for some time but glad to see it moving forward...
That makes one of us.

KikoKea

I notice that the shutters on the brick portion are markedly different on the 2nd floor than on the 3rd floor. Have they always been this way, or is this a change?
Looks like speakers, to me.

So, will the windows open and the Muppet characters chat with the people below- sort of like Crush at The Seas?

radiohost

I'm a huge Muppett fan, but just cannot get excited for this.

Liberty Square was a portion of the park that was not overly "Disneyfied" in that it was a quiet escape that you enjoyed walking through without having to see characters we know today...

I don't know, have to wait until I see what it looks like I guess...

majortom1981

I'm a huge Muppett fan, but just cannot get excited for this.

Liberty Square was a portion of the park that was not overly "Disneyfied" in that it was a quiet escape that you enjoyed walking through without having to see characters we know today...

I don't know, have to wait until I see what it looks like I guess...
I think it could be good if they point out all the cool stuff. The history behind the things like the tree and why the walkway is that color.

mgpan

I like it. It's somethng new, can be interactive and brings a new experience to a part of the park i sometimes just hurry past on my way to HM or Big Thunder. And it's not a new dessert or dance party, extra hard ticket event or new cupcake or goblet of the month. It also, gasp, costs money instead of makes it.

danv3

I like it. It's somethng new, can be interactive and brings a new experience to a part of the park i sometimes just hurry past on my way to HM or Big Thunder. And it's not a new dessert or dance party, extra hard ticket event or new cupcake or goblet of the month. It also, gasp, costs money instead of makes it.

Whatever this ends up being, they will find some way to monetize it.

Dizney Crew

I'm little lost as to what the concept is going to be, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy, etc.... talking out of windows to people as they walk by? Are they going to have pre-recorded sayings, or is it going to be real time and have cast members doing voiceovers to interact with guests, kind of like Turtle Talk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom