The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

The Empress Lilly

Going full jt04....

Disney should donate The Hall of Presidents to the American History Museum in Washington D.C.. Thereby making it accessible to many more people at an affordable price. Great educational tool for children and foreign visitors.

Then make the space in the MK more appropriate to the park.
Going full Steamship:

- There is nothing more appropriate to the MK than HoP

- HoP IS making American history accessible to the greatest number of people. (At any rate, was, until Disney closed the door of the MK to the part of America that works for its money)

- HoP in isolation would be greatly diminshed. HoP takes value from the surrounding Liberty Square, and vice versa. The whole is more than the sum of its parts. This is at the root of why we defend thematic integrity.

Once Upon a Time, Disney was known for Disneyfying history, that is, for presenting an accessible version of history to families and children. An American commercial enterprise in the business of communicating history, citizenship and American values. Disney was hated by intellectuals for it, the world over.
Nowadays, Disney's business is venting a stable of IPs to kids, the younger the better, and people are cheering Disney on for it.
Can't blame Disney, it is the world that's mental, not TWDC.

jt04

Going full Steamship:

- There is nothing more appropriate to the MK than HoP

- HoP IS making American history accessible to the greatest number of people. (At any rate, was, until Disney closed the door of the MK to the part of America that works for its money)

- HoP in isolation would be greatly diminshed. HoP takes value from the surrounding Liberty Square, and vice versa. The whole is more than the sum of its parts. This is at the root of why we defend thematic integrity.

Once Upon a Time, Disney was known for Disneyfying history, that is, for presenting an accessible version of history to families and children. An American commercial enterprise in the business of communicating history, citizenship and American values. Disney was hated by intellectuals for it, the world over.
Nowadays, Disney's business is venting a stable of IPs to kids, the younger the better, and people are cheering Disney on for it.
Can't blame Disney, it is the world that's mental, not TWDC.

I think it would better serve the cause of advancing the American ideal in Washington DC. It would also fit the AHM like a hand in a glove.

And the mouse might be able to negotiate a tax write-off too.

AEfx

No, he is not an "appropriate" character in that context. No, he would not fit in. By your definition, Captain America would be a great addition to HoP because the Stars and Stripes are part of his costume.

I ignore most of your blather, but you almost had a real point here - so I'll explain.

Captain America is not the same as Sam the Eagle. Captain America is a character rather firmly placed in the WWII to the Modern Era. He doesn't make sense outside of that context.

Sam the Eagle, however, is a character that already would naturally fit there - as Muppets are much more universal (no pun intended) characters, do not have specific origin stories associated with a specific time frame, just as they have various other Disney characters (Mickey, Goofy, etc.) dressed up in Liberty Square. Sam fits in so well, it's not even funny.

say_disney_muppets_sam_eagle.jpg

AEfx

Speaking of, I'm rooting for Kermit as a new Jedi master in Star Wars VIII.

After all, that makes the movie more fun for the under-fives, and as a Frank Oz creation teh frog shows a remarkable likeness to Yoda anyway. Never mind fan rules about who belongs in their closed SW universe and who doesn't.

It's cute you think that is anywhere near the same thing. :)

Magenta Panther

I ignore most of your blather, but you almost had a real point here - so I'll explain.

Captain America is not the same as Sam the Eagle. Captain America is a character rather firmly placed in the WWII to the Modern Era. He doesn't make sense outside of that context.

Sam the Eagle, however, is a character that already would naturally fit there - as Muppets are much more universal (no pun intended) characters, do not have specific origin stories associated with a specific time frame, just as they have various other Disney characters (Mickey, Goofy, etc.) dressed up in Liberty Square. Sam fits in so well, it's not even funny.

say_disney_muppets_sam_eagle.jpg

Look who's talking about "blather". You show the eagle puppet wearing a tri-corner hat, as if that makes it a perfect fit for the Hall of Presidents. Dude, that's even not funny in any case.

The Hall of Presidents was not intended to be preschool pablum. What is it about that fact you don't get? Or maybe you LIKE the idea of the areas of Liberty Square and the Haunted Mansion getting glutted with even MORE of these:

Stroller-Parking-in-Liberty-Square.jpg

My work here is done. :D

Last edited:

JohnD

A person on a Disney fan page on Facebook is going around saying that there are five years plans to have a Muppet attraction in liberty square ( he seems to assert there is some show going to be placed above ,yes above, hall of presidents) and despite me breaking it down on why that does not make sense he insists he has "friends higher up" who say otherwise. I chalk it up to an overactive imagination and a cry out for attention.... but to be sure...

To my friends here who normally know whats what, more then these hypothetical higher ups, please set the record straight as to what he may be referring to and/or how he is incorrect.

Note I think this person has no sanity in what they are suggesting I just want reassurance

EDIT: the Rumor is that a Muppet attraction may be going in the next five years ABOVE the hall of presidents or next door in the Heritage house. This is NOT a rumor of the replacement of the HoP!

Liberty Square, huh?

Magenta Panther

Would we oppose a nightly projection show on the facade?

If it were a show that truly celebrated America, with music and fireworks, sort of like a 4th of July celebration every night...and did NOT feature any characters of any kind...yeah, I think that'd be cool. I could get behind that.

wdwfan22

Going full jt04....

Disney should donate The Hall of Presidents to the American History Museum in Washington D.C.. Thereby making it accessible to many more people at an affordable price. Great educational tool for children and foreign visitors.

Then make the space in the MK more appropriate to the park.

Thank goodness you don't have a say in any of the decision making at Disney Parks and Resorts. The Hall of Presidents is a perfect attraction for Liberty Square and doesn't need to be moved anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom