The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

FigmentForver96

You are still 100% focused on attractions. WDW as an entire resort destination is more than just rides. You settle for the company giving you what you want, but once upon a time the company gave you an experience you never knew was possible. Thats the difference. You want the instant gratification of a Frozen ride RIGHT NOW! Sadly, that instant gratification takes 2 years... which is about the same time it once took to build a much better attraction from the ground up and it was awe inspiring...and in the proper location.
And if there was not a proper location they would expand and find new ways to add lands and expansions that fit. If they could not make it fit then they waited and did not try to shoehorn it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
And if there was not a proper location they would expand and find new ways to add lands and expansions that fit. If they could not make it fit then they waited and did not try to shoehorn it.
You forgot to add that they would have still had it built in less time than it takes them to build a new bathroom area now (looking at you, Tangled!)

Mike S

You know I think Scope is one of the biggest things in total that I'm hungry for...I want to be overwhelmed with scope...
Scope_Outlast_Long_Lasting_Mint_Mouthwash.jpg

Mike S

Perfect case and point if I ever saw one: The Great Movie Ride was originally a new pavilion for EPCOT Center. Instead, they built a whole new park around its idea and gave it a much better facade.
37d18380.jpg

hopemax

Perfect case and point if I ever saw one: The Great Movie Ride was originally a new pavilion for EPCOT Center. Instead, they built a whole new park around its idea and gave it a much better facade.
37d18380.jpg

So some of you know Repentant Orc / Another Voice from Twitter and previously the DIS. As he tells it, from his time when he was an Orc at Disney, the Movie Pavilion didn't really have that much interest within Imagineering as compared to other projects. But when Eisner came through, he wasn't interested in anything they showed him. Imagineers started worrying about their future employment prospects and decided to, "think like Eisner," and since his background was movies, pulled this out, and Eisner finally showed interest in something. Then it was woven into this mythology about the idea was so good it needed a whole park but it came out of an act of desperation. I also know that AV likes to embellish for effect, so I'm curious to know if there is truth behind this story.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You are still 100% focused on attractions. WDW as an entire resort destination is more than just rides. You settle for the company giving you what you want, but once upon a time the company gave you an experience you never knew was possible. Thats the difference. You want the instant gratification of a Frozen ride RIGHT NOW! Sadly, that instant gratification takes 2 years... which is about the same time it once took to build a much better attraction from the ground up and it was awe inspiring...and in the proper location.

To add to that there was a package (which still exists but is VERY expensive) which gave you dining, golf, horseback riding (something I do when I go to WDW) watercraft rental, tours AND park admission for ONE PRICE and it was about the same price as your daily room charge. Yes WDW at one time just like Sandals it was an all inclusive RESORT, None of this upcharge nonsense and even with this extremely generous package WDW's gross margin was higher than it is today, Funny how runnng it like a 'business' brings in less dollars...

Mike S

To add to that there was a package (which still exists but is VERY expensive) which gave you dining, golf, horseback riding (something I do when I go to WDW) watercraft rental, tours AND park admission for ONE PRICE and it was about the same price as your daily room charge. Yes WDW at one time just like Sandals it was an all inclusive RESORT, None of this upcharge nonsense and even with this extremely generous package WDW's gross margin was higher than it is today, Funny how runnng it like a 'business' brings in less dollars...
Most likely not as exciting as when I went Horseback riding in the Smokey Mountains. I was so close to the edge of a cliff.......

AEfx

37d18380.jpg

Which, ultimately, has become a mess of a park (as much as in many ways it's my favorite, go figure) which was really now obviously an expensively cheap attempt to Ape (no pun intended) Universal's park style before Universal was able to open USF, and the park has been in one identify crisis after another since it's opening, as each new attraction had to be somehow shoehorned into what eventually has become a rather generic, unfocused at best, theme.

Again, as much as I love it - it may have just been better off if it had been an Epcot attraction. If that and the Weather pavilion had been made, it might have kept the spark going in Future World a bit longer than it did, and they wouldn't have taken such desperate measures as they ultimately have.

Mike S

Which, ultimately, has become a mess of a park (as much as in many ways it's my favorite, go figure) which was really now obviously an expensively cheap attempt to Ape (no pun intended) Universal's park style before Universal was able to open USF, and the park has been in one identify crisis after another since it's opening, as each new attraction had to be somehow shoehorned into what eventually has become a rather generic, unfocused at best, theme.

Again, as much as I love it - it may have just been better off if it had been an Epcot attraction. If that and the Weather pavilion had been made, it might have kept the spark going in Future World a bit longer than it did, and they wouldn't have taken such desperate measures as they ultimately have.
We also wouldn't have Tower of Terror, soooooooo............. I'm not sure.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Responses are color coded.

I don't really remember either show I guess because my family never really did it. I just know the song from a CD we had. Give me Soarin' Over the World.

You keep saying this but Disneyland has absolutely nothing like what has been taken away from Walt Disney World except Snow White, Mr. Toad, and the Submarines even though they're nothing like 20K.

I'm only 4 years older than you are. I just know how things used to be much better through either a little experience or research.

Arguing with you people is like arguing with a brick wall.. Especially when you guys start claiming things I never even said.

I said that "this is just how I see things.." Not "I'm right and you're wrong."

This whole argument is out of hand... As internet arguments often get. You can't change the way someone views an issue, it's all a matter of opinion. I have nothing more to say.

WondersOfLife

Last post here..

My whole point was that the changes that Disney is making is not hurting them whatsoever.

The ENTIRE point of my posts... Was that. Now can you guys re-read my replies without all of the "oh this guy thinks everything is okay.. Let me put him in his place." kind of attitude?

Mike S

Arguing with you people is like arguing with a brick wall.. Especially when you guys start claiming things I never even said.

I said that "this is just how I see things.." Not "I'm right and you're wrong."

This whole argument is out of hand... As internet arguments often get. You can't change the way someone views an issue, it's all a matter of opinion. I have nothing more to say.
My point in green was about how you included people in "your generation" thinking "everything at Disney World seems to be top quality and awesome!" I'm in your generation and plenty of other people here too who criticize recent moves by Disney.

I'm still waiting for your explanation of how going to Disneyland helps fix what we miss from Walt Disney World (my point in blue).

WondersOfLife

My point in green was about how you included people in "your generation" thinking "everything at Disney World seems to be top quality and awesome!" I'm in your generation and plenty of other people here too who criticize recent moves by Disney.

I'm still waiting for your explanation of how going to Disneyland helps fix what we miss from Walt Disney World (my point in blue).

I wasn't referring to Disneyland's attractions, but the quality of maintenance, cleanliness, staff, ect. Which is what I'm assuming you guys are comparing to old school WDW. Because by all means, Disneyland still has that side of the magic from so many years ago.

At least, I think it does. Based on my two trips from the past couple of years. Quality was booming EVERYwhere at Disneyland during my trip last January. Even Toontown was impressive. I was amazed at the difference of quality.

Mike S

I wasn't referring to Disneyland's attractions, but the quality of maintenance, cleanliness, staff, ect. Which is what I'm assuming you guys are comparing to old school WDW. Because by all means, Disneyland still has that side of the magic from so many years ago.

At least, I think it does. Based on my two trips from the past couple of years. Quality was booming EVERYwhere at Disneyland during my trip last January. Even Toontown was impressive. I was amazed at the difference of quality.
Sadly the Shanghai related cuts have reached the west coast now as well. I've been to Disneyland and am planning to go again next summer. The parks were very nice and a refreshing change but like I said in my trip report thread Walt Disney World will always be my "home" and it really saddens me to see the state of things. Animal Kingdom's additions and Star Wars Land seem to be the only future bright spots for me. Everything else seems like cut here, cut there, cut EVERYWHERE!!!!!! Also the insertion of characters everywhere possible regardless of where they would fit more appropriately. I also don't want you to think we're trying to "put you in your place." Things can get heated here at times but it's more just a debate. There's only two posters here I have any true animosity towards for the fact they're really nothing but trolls and not even the entertaining kind.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom