The Mummy might outdue Disney's Mt Everest ?

Disney2002

Originally posted by King_K.
Just To Give You guys a preview of the Animatronics and Ride.

I think those photos verify that the CGI rendering going around is pretty dead on. I know that scene is very familiar to me now.

the-reason

Well IMHO, I really dont give a crap about ROTM cuz I dont give a crap About Universal. I cant wait for E:E. I hope this dont offend anybody or nothin, but thats just what I think.And In MY BOOK. E:E will rule over the mummy.

King_K.

Originally posted by the-reason
Well IMHO, I really dont give a crap about ROTM cuz I dont give a crap About Universal. I cant wait for E:E. I hope this dont offend anybody or nothin, but thats just what I think.And In MY BOOK. E:E will rule over the mummy.
Like A friend of mine said, EE's Yeti is just Universal's Old King Kong Painted White..:rolleyes:
No Offense or anything, just found it very funny..:lol:

Disney2002

Like A friend of mine said, EE's Yeti is just Universal's Old King Kong Painted White..:rolleyes:

Well, consider how long ago Kong was made. Think of the advances in technology. Now thing how kong today would be able to move. He looked good back then, IMO -- I have high hopes for the Yeti animatronic.

King_K.

EE is just a Themed Rollercoaster...it might be state of the art but just a themed roller coaster, the Mummy is a Psychological Thrill Ride..Meaning it's Not just a roller coaster, “Revenge of the Mummy—The Ride” will tap into rider’s primal fears through immersion in a total multi-sensory environment. Utilizing animatronics, sophisticated motion picture technology, state-of-the-art ride, audio and robotics engineering, the ride will play upon common human phobias:

Lysgophobia - fear of the dark.
Entomophobia - fear of insects.
Tachophobia - fear of speed.
Acrophobia - fear of heights
Demonophobia - fear of evil spirits.
Necrophobia - fear of death.

Employing the same technology utilized in futuristic magnetic levitation trains, “Revenge of the Mummy—The Ride” marks a new evolution in roller coasters by fusing an electro-magnetic propulsion launch system with new linear induction motor ride tracks.

Disney2002

EE is just a Themed Rollercoaster...it might be state of the art but just a themed roller coaster, the Mummy is a Psychological Thrill Ride..Meaning it's Not just a roller coaster, “Revenge of the Mummy—The Ride” will tap into rider’s primal fears through immersion in a total multi-sensory environment. Utilizing animatronics, sophisticated motion picture technology, state-of-the-art ride, audio and robotics engineering, the ride will play upon common human phobias:

Lysgophobia - fear of the dark.
Entomophobia - fear of insects.
Tachophobia - fear of speed.
Acrophobia - fear of heights
Demonophobia - fear of evil spirits.
Necrophobia - fear of death.

Employing the same technology utilized in futuristic magnetic levitation trains, “Revenge of the Mummy—The Ride” marks a new evolution in roller coasters by fusing an electro-magnetic propulsion launch system with new linear induction motor ride tracks.

Is there a phobia for suspiciously new members who write posts that smack of press releases?

King_K.

Originally posted by Disney2002
Is there a phobia for suspiciously new members who write posts that smack of press releases?
No need to get rude, and yes that is a press release, and yes i did join to talk about the Mummy, and i have yet to taunt and poke fun at EE. All I did is supply info

1disneydood

I'll just do as usuaul... Next time in orlando I'll spend 1 day at both universal parks, and enjoy (use) what they have. Then I'll spend the next 5 days having fun at disney. ;)

This ain't hatfields and mccoys. We can go to both parks and enjoy. Disney won't disown us if we go to universal, and universal won't keep us out if we go to disney. :king:

So by all means, please all parks... Try to outdo each other. It'll give me more stuff to do on my tripsto ORLANDO. :p

ToTBellHop

This looks like a very cheapened Indiana Jones Adventure with a few cool animatronics...and 40 mph isn't exactly incredible speed. I'm not impressed at all. Besides the animatronics that pop up from the ground almost as believably as the ghost heads in the graveyard scene of the Haunted Mansion, it uses effects that the Indiana Jones Adventure opened with 9 years ago, only you are riding on a roller coaster car which makes no sense to the already fragmented story. Theming a ride as a ride is lame. And the fact that they have nothing particularly special to show on a teaser released a couple months before the ride opens tells me that there will be very little that is special or novel about this ride. Have you seen the gift shop? It looks like the set to a high school play.

SmithGett

Account Suspended
well, if the rides anything like the mummy returns, and brendan frasiers career, then we E:E fans have nothing to worry about.

ZING!

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by SmithGett
well, if the rides anything like the mummy returns, and brendan frasiers career, then we E:E fans have nothing to worry about.

:eek: ...Sorry, I guess I'm in the minority here but I love the Mummy Returns, almost as much as the first one. Actually, more I think. And I love Brendan Fraser. It's sad he hasn't done any great movies lately but oh well I loved him in George of the Jungle, the Mummy movies, and Blast from the Past. He's an incredably funny guy. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine :)

BrerBear

Does anyone have any fan art or home drawings based on what they thing EE might look like? I would love to see them.

Regarding the Mummy vs. Everest issue, I think that even though there is nothing new or orginal about about a runaway minetrain ride (BTM, Matterhorn, etc.) Everest at least will be the first to take the concept one step further into a new extreme. It will bigger, faster, scarier, and more realistic than any one of these rides that have come before it. Judging from what I know, it seems as if the mythic (and therefore magical) nature of this ride will be known the minute guests walk into AK. The mountain will be clearly visable from the entrence and will suck pretty much anyone with a even a mild sense of curiosity towards it. The small town being built, the extensive que detailing the Yeti's footprints and presense, and the abandoned mountain city which the train passes through will all add to this excitment. By the time guests reach the inside of the mountain and come face to face with the beast, they will be wetting their pants. Let's face it, the mountain it self will give some folks nightmares (not horrible ones though) and it will provide AK (and therefore the marketing department) with a brand new photogenic section.

The Mummy on the other hand...
It might be unique in the fact that it can go fast and slow whenever it wants while on a coaster track, but style of ride will most likely be copied and emulated by many other parks soon in the future. It's specialness will not last for long.

As for the fright factor, I don't dought that it will be pretty scary on the inside, but EE will be as well. That combined with the fact that it doesn't really inspire the same sense of awe or excitment as EE means that it will lose the fright factor in the end.

Well, I think I've written enough comments for now. Hopefully this discussion will stay on topic. Thanks for reading.:)

ISTCrew20

Re: Re: Some Mummy News

Originally posted by The_CEO
That is 60 % wrong. You are on a Hot Set of the next Mummy Sequal.

Wow...That gets my vote as the dumbest storyline of an attraction (Behind Doctor Doom's Fearfall). I don't know how anyone can find those pictures impressive...as Kyle said, they look like little things that pop up, like in the fun house at the fair. And if that artwork holds true, not only do you get to see fake monsters, you also get to see the track and supports.

To me, this really only seems like it may have 2 or 3 decent dark ride scenes, and then turn into RNRC. I think Dinosaur will be a better and more scarier ride then Mummy turns out to be.

Everest has already got it beat...A giant AA, a HUGE mountain range, a coaster that goes forward and backward, really fast, snow inside of the mountain, actually (atleast) one decent sized drop, and who knows...maybe some LIM's.

as for Mummy...compare that to a coaster in a soundstage...and it just ain't flying for me.

The_CEO

And this Is the Ride Entrance itself at Universal Studios Florida..

3610.jpg

Cite your sources bud..

imagineer99

I'm just amazed that the Mummy (which was a genuinely bad film) manged to spawn an equally bad sequel and is now spawing a ride!:lol:

jcarriv

Anything that has a connection to a 2nd rate movie starring a 2nd rate actor is nothing to get excited about.

Perhaps Universal's next ride could be based on Ishtar or Gigli.

Disney2002

Originally posted by imagineer99
I'm just amazed that the Mummy (which was a genuinely bad film) manged to spawn an equally bad sequel and is now spawing a ride!:lol:

I have to say, Mummy Returns is the only movie I have ever fallen asleep during in the theatres in my entire life.

Shaman

Judging by the ride vehicle picture that someone posted RotM doesn't even look like a coaster...but a dark thrill ride, running on a track that resembles a roller coaster track (in fact I know the tracks and technology is different, but RotM has a Test Track feel to it)....that being said I think it unfair to pass judgement RotM as of yet, sense its not finished nor open....

As for RotM having effects and E:E having none....well I thought I heard that E:E was going to have effects, in fact isn't there suppose to be a snowing effect within the mountain? And a confrontation with the Yeti (which had it picking the train up...I know, its been said that the picking up effect has been removed..but who knows)...I'm sure there will be more effects...but the fact is that E:E will have its own set of effects...

I'll wait to ride both attractions before passing judgement...I am rooting for E:E though...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom