The Mummy might outdue Disney's Mt Everest ?

Testtrack321

Originally posted by stingrock23
If I'm not mistaken, the Mummy will be in one of the largest indoor warehouses. I'm not sure how big it is in relation to Spider Man, but the existing Mummy warehouse is huge, bigger than the one at USH where their Mummy is going in.

Space Mountain and Rock n Roller coaster are 2 indoor, cramped rides that seem to be hits with guests. I just don't think the fact that it's indoor will take that much away, because it's a huge element of how the ride was designed. Until it's opened and you've experienced it, you'll never know how good or bad it actually is.

I think we could all use a little more cowbell.

From the last time I remeber, those buildings arn't big at all. Plus RnR and Space don't have huge show sceanes and other large themeing elements, they actually embrace their cramped location.

ThirdEye

Is expedition everest going to be outside of the mountain at all, and when it is outside is it going to be like a tradional roller coaster with drops and high speed turns? :confused:

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Testtrack321
From the last time I remeber, those buildings arn't big at all.

Ok... let's settle this. The Mummy show building in Orlando is the world's largest show building. (Bigger than Spider-Man and bigger than Men in Black) Don't let the entrance to the "Museum" fool you. The entire back side of the New York area is taken up by that building.

stingrock23

From the look of the artist rendering some of the track will be exposed. it looks like maybe the final drop and some portions going up into the mountain, so I would guess most of it will be inside, but I can't prove anything.

BrerBear

Is expedition everest going to be outside of the mountain at all, and when it is outside is it going to be like a tradional roller coaster with drops and high speed turns?

Everest will leave the mountain numberous times, in fact, it will actually start from outside of the mountain. And yes it will have normal drops and high speeds while outside.

Take a look at my EE photo album for pics of the model and other stuff if you are interested. It's right below.

stingrock23

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Ok... lets settle this. The Mummy show building in Orlando is the worlds largest show building. (Bigger than Spider-Man and bigger than Men in Black) Don't let the entrance to the "Museum" fool you. The entire back side of the New York area is taken up by that building.

I thought so. There is a lot of space for Mummy to maneuver around.

ThirdEye

Originally posted by BrerBear

Everest will leave the mountain numberous times, in fact, it will actually start from outside of the mountain. And yes it will have normal drops and high speeds while outside.

[/B]

Thanks for the info, oh I have a better idea now that I checked out your pics. It looks like theres going to be a helix outside of the mountain very good stuff!

SirGoofy

I have to agree with some of the others that the AAs don't look impressive. I've never liked Universals AAs except for MIB's. The Jurassic Park ones look like they have problems moving their limbs. The ones in ROTM look the same. There's just something really fake about them.

1stStarIC2nite

I like this comment from another board (IOACentral) and I totally agree with it:

"I think that Disney fans have always been extremely close-minded, and think that nothing good could come of anything, unless it had the Disney name. How could they possibly make such judgements about a ride that has not even opened? Those Disney people would only admit to liking the Mummy if it was in the Magic Kingdom, no matter how much they really were blown away...."

SirGoofy

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
I like this comment from another board (IOACentral) and I totally agree with it:

"I think that Disney fans have always been extremely close-minded, and think that nothing good could come of anything, unless it had the Disney name. How could they possibly make such judgements about a ride that has not even opened? Those Disney people would only admit to liking the Mummy if it was in the Magic Kingdom, no matter how much they really were blown away...."

Hey don't get me wrong I love Universal and IOA. Not as much as WDW, but I love those parks. The Hulk and Spiderman are some of my favorite rides ever. I was just tryin to say that Uni's AAs are horrible.

ThirdEye

You can't really compare disney to IOA.....IOA is pretty much all thrill rides.
The Hulk is one of the best roller coasters I have been on and so is Dueling Dragons...And lets face it Spiderman is a great ride has some of the best theming i have seen.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by Jon_in_NC
I know this is a Disney board, but some people are just so closed minded. Some of you really sound like Star Wars and Star Trek nerds arguing about which is better. As is the case with Star Wars and Star Trek, Disney and Universal feed off of each other. Yes, no matter how much you Disney or Universal die hards may hate that, they feed off of each other and force each other to always try to attract you. Disney has great attractions, Universal has great attractions. Disney has some lame attractions, and Universal has some lame attractions.

We could go down the list and make comparisons I'm sure. Alien shooting game: Buzz Lightyear (plywood cutouts under UV light) vs. Men In Black (completely 3D environment and life-like aliens). Boat ride: Jungle Cruise (really great theming and environment) vs. Jaws (very short and not too engaging).

The point is, a person can like BOTH Disney and Universal. They aren't exactly the same kind of theme park, nor should they be. I quite enjoy both resorts and feel they both have a lot to offer.

Very well said Jon!:sohappy:

I don't get what a lot of you guys are saying. Universal Orlando is the home to the world's most technologically advanced thrill ride, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, and they're about to open Revenge of the Mummy, a high-speed dark thrill ride with coaster elements. How can you say that Universal is a crappy theme park resort? A lot have said the reason is "quality." Comparing Men In Black: Alien Attack with Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin makes Buzz look like Snow White's Scary Adventure and MIB look like Splash Mountain. MIB is WAY better in quality. All BL's SRS has is a lot of cardboard cutouts. Now who wins in quality there? Or how about rides like Spider-Man? It's so much better than Dinosaur, the closest thing you can compare it to. The Cat in The Hat? It looks a LOT better than The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. Universal Orlando houses MANY quality-themed rides. Revenge of the Mummy will be another one of them. (BTW, those photos King_K. I believe posted, the one with the people in the vehicle? I'm pretty sure that's not how the vehicles will look like, infact, that was just a promo shot.)

IMO, those RotM figures don't look like pop-up characters at all. They're going to be able to move just like any AA we have at Disney right now. Also, I saw that someone said here in this thread that RotM will just utilize effects which were made all the way back when Indiana Jones Adventure opened at DL. How could anyone even say that? Clearly not true at all.

BTW, Revenge of the Mummy's home, the former home of Kongfrontation, is the second-largest building in the world I believe, second to the Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center.

andre85

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite

ChrisTUK, is that you? Or is it sbblondepants?"

Jon_in_NC

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Very well said Jon!:sohappy:

BTW, Revenge of the Mummy's home, the former home of Kongfrontation, is the second-largest building in the world I believe, second to the Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center.

I think technically, the old Kong building is the second largest building in the world (only to NASA's VAP as NemoRocks78 said) without any internal support beams; meaning all of the weight is supported on the edges. That means you have a HUGE open indoor area to put a coaster/attraction in.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by Jon_in_NC
I think technically, the old Kong building is the second largest building in the world (only to NASA's VAP as NemoRocks78 said) without any internal support beams; meaning all of the weight is supported on the edges. That means you have a HUGE open indoor area to put a coaster/attraction in.

YES! That is exactly right. Thanks for posting that, I could not remember what it was second-largest for (building with no internal support beams).

Num1OutkastFan

I hate to say this...
Well, not really
But ROTM will murder the theme park world. I'm sure of this, just like Disney still hasn't come up with an answer to Spider-Man or even MIB, how will they come up with an answer to Mummy? You Disney fanboys are sitting in your parents' basement. Oh, it's not even that fast. It's animatronics are so lame, let me tell you, you're the ones that are lame. I'm 100% sure that Disney can never ever, ever, ever get on Universal's level. Hmm, reminds me of this one song:
Get on my level ho (What!)
Get on my level ho (You can't!)
Get on my level ho (It's Trillville ho!)
Get on my level ho (Lil' Scrappy ho!)
Get on my level ho (It's BME ho!)
Get on my level ho (Let's gooo!)

1stStarIC2nite

Originally posted by Num1OutkastFan
I hate to say this...
Well, not really
But ROTM will murder the theme park world. I'm sure of this, just like Disney still hasn't come up with an answer to Spider-Man or even MIB, how will they come up with an answer to Mummy? You Disney fanboys are sitting in your parents' basement. Oh, it's not even that fast. It's animatronics are so lame, let me tell you, you're the ones that are lame. I'm 100% sure that Disney can never ever, ever, ever get on Universal's level. Hmm, reminds me of this one song:
Get on my level ho (It's Trillville ho!)
Get on my level ho (Lil' Scrappy ho!)
Get on my level ho (It's BME ho!)
Get on my level ho (Let's gooo!)

Oh wow, that's real mature......... I can't believe you said that....

BAN!!!!!! :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom