The Mummy might outdue Disney's Mt Everest ?

NADisney

Original Poster
From what I know of both Mummy rides,is that Hollywoods is located in the E.T. building and if you have been on the one in florida it should tell you about space /size. As for Universal Florida ,the old King Kong building is larger and contains more room for a Full Coaster attraction.

Disney2002

Gotta love how people are so divided on this ride thing when nobody knows anything about what they will really be like.

And where is all the complaining about getting rid of Kong in place of this thing! A much larger travesty than ousting Alien Encounter if you ask me!

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by KevinPage
Hence why the Premier LIM coasters (Flight of Fear, Riddler's Revenge & Batman & Robin: The Chiller) had the "over the shoulder restraints" removed to avoid all the unnecessay "head banging".

Any idea if Mummy has OTSR?

Pardon the correction: Not Riddler's Revenge....Joker's Jinx., and also Poltergeist. Riddler's is a B&M stand-up at SFMM.

I don't think Mummy is going to have OTSRs. I think I heard lap bars.

gcurling

Any idea if Mummy has OTSR?
The current USF ads running on TV show a clip of the ride vehicle and it is equipped with lap bars. In fact, the clip they show doesn't look like they are even in the laps on the riders. But, then again, that's the case sometimes when they show clips of Spidey.

Disney2002

Anyone else think that Mummy may suffer from some problems with being the first of the two attractions. Not that anything will be wrong with it, but Disney has a 2 year technology advantage. It's like Playstation II compared to XBox. One came out earlier... both are considered contemporaries... but the newer one can do much more because they waited a bit longer to produce.

HMGhost13

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Universal are always good at creating nice marketing material and hype, but unfortunately the finished product often falls short. The power of Everest will be revealed in good time :)

i agree. Twister was suppose to be this really amazing ride from what i've heard it wasn't even good for me. it was horrible.

and IoA is great but...in the colder months the lines for the water rides are low biut being wet and cold isn't fun. this makes the other lines long as who knows what. over hyped and not worth the ticket price.

no2apprentice

Originally posted by HMGhost13
i agree. Twister was suppose to be this really amazing ride from what i've heard it wasn't even good for me.
What? You mean that a flying cow on piano wire didn't surpass your wildest expectations? Udderly disappointing.

Actually, I hope that Mummy is popular and successful. Competition is good for the industry. If the Mummy is a hit, maybe that will convince Disney to kick it up a notch, and keep giving quality attractions, that cost a bit more, the green light.

DarkMeasures

If The Mummy is good, then Universal Studios (not IOA) will have a second ride that is worth riding.

Only one now is MiB. The rest of the rides are pretty horrible.

Now everest, the way the track looks and stuff, the ride seems it will be insane. It just does not seem like a rollercoaster should take so long to be built.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Disney2002
And where is all the complaining about getting rid of Kong in place of this thing! A much larger travesty than ousting Alien Encounter if you ask me!

Sorry but I just had to reply to this one. If you had said Jaws or Earthquake or E.T. I might have let it slide (even though I hate all of those) but Kongfrontation was my all time LEAST favorite attraction I have ever been on. I almost fell asleep. When I found out that Kongfrontation was closing I was so happy. Even if it was just to put up a new restroom or a parking lot I would've been psyched :lol: But Mummy really impresses me from what I've seen so far. I can't wait. BTW yes Alien Encounter was my all time favorite attraction (who could've guessed it? especially if you've read any of my previous posts) and that since you mentioned both of them I just had to get my 2 cents in :)

But hey you are definately entitled to your opinion and there's nothing wrong with your opinion. I just COMPLETELY disagree :wave:

no2apprentice

Originally posted by SirNim
*groan*
That was EXACTLY my reaction the first time I saw that cow. It just wasn't a mo-o-o-ving experience. Good thing it was near the tail end of effects.:D

And since Jaws has been mentioned, my family enjoys it. We kind of think of it as a Universal Jungle Cruise experience. Corny, it helps if you have a good skipper, and we just sit back and enjoy the laughs.

Once again, it all depends on personal preferences. Some will prefer Mummy, some will prefer E:E.

Disney2002

Originally posted by HMGhost13
i agree. Twister was suppose to be this really amazing ride from what i've heard it wasn't even good for me. it was horrible.

and IoA is great but...in the colder months the lines for the water rides are low biut being wet and cold isn't fun. this makes the other lines long as who knows what. over hyped and not worth the ticket price.

Yeah, what is up with Twister... or Jaws... or Earthquake...

... sorry, just find most of the Studio offerings to be pretty poor. I do think IoA was a huge step in the right direction for Universal.

Disney2002

Originally posted by Lee
The coaster isn't the hold up. It's the mountain.

It will be frustrating when the exterior of the Mountain is finished (probably early 2005). We'll be left wondering what magical things are happening inside. It will be pretty hard to take the wait.

Disney2002

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Sorry but I just had to reply to this one. If you had said Jaws or Earthquake or E.T. I might have let it slide (even though I hate all of those) but Kongfrontation was my all time LEAST favorite attraction I have ever been on. I almost fell asleep. When I found out that Kongfrontation was closing I was so happy. Even if it was just to put up a new restroom or a parking lot I would've been psyched :lol: But Mummy really impresses me from what I've seen so far. I can't wait. BTW yes Alien Encounter was my all time favorite attraction (who could've guessed it? especially if you've read any of my previous posts) and that since you mentioned both of them I just had to get my 2 cents in :)

But hey you are definately entitled to your opinion and there's nothing wrong with your opinion. I just COMPLETELY disagree :wave:

See, I just feel sentimental about Kong. I can remember my first time riding it some 15 years ago now.... I just was amazed by the scope of it (from the eyes of a kid mind you).

As for AE, my biggest complaint were those GD shoulder restraints. I honestly had bruises after riding it on several occasions. I'm a taller guy, but they shouldn't have hurt my like they did.

(although nothing is like six flags for injuries... loved coming of a ride called Dark Knight dripping blood from hip)

Dizknee_Phreek

uh oh! the people at Theme Park Adventure need to do their research! look at this:

"MUSICAL SCORE:
Oscar-winning musical composer Alan Silvestri, who created the original score for "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns," also composed the original music for "Revenge of the Mummy-The Ride."

tsk, tsk, tsk... Alan Silvestri did NOT do the score for "The Mummy." Jerry Goldsmith did. Which, personally, I thought the score for "The Mummy" was far better than "The Mummy Returns."

as for my view on which attraction will be better...i'll wait until they've both officially open ;)

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
tsk, tsk, tsk... Alan Silvestri did NOT do the score for "The Mummy." Jerry Goldsmith did. Which, personally, I thought the score for "The Mummy" was far better than "The Mummy Returns."

Agreed! Jerry Goldsmith's music sounded more Egyptian and scary while Alan Silvestri's music sounded like an Indiana Jones wannabe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom