The Mummy might outdue Disney's Mt Everest ?

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by ThirdEye
Your not the Number 1 OutKast fan that belongs to some other white suburban kid...

:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...but I'm sure you're high on something else.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Omg you guys are making me cry! But yes, get rid of that immature kid because those are two words that can best describe him in a nice way. He's immature and he's definitely a child and Lord knows how long he'll remain that way.

ThirdEye

Let the true WDW fans stick together to get rid of these pest, he cant come in our land and start making fun of Disney and get away with it!!!

The_CEO

Originally posted by ThirdEye
Let the true WDW fans stick together to get rid of these pest, he cant come in our land and start making fun of Disney and get away with it!!!

I think it's past his bedtime. He won't be back till around 2 or 3 tomorrow after school..

Michael72688

wow you guys are becoming like the FCC, lets ban somone cause of one thing they did, lol, j/k

anyways I think it will be interesting to see how both of these attractions do when they open

ISTCrew20

Back on topic...For those saying not to argue, the whole point of this thread is to argue. The question was which one do you think is better, and of course, people will disagree with one another. My points with Everest beating Mummy are just as valid as The Mummy beating Everest. The rides aren't open, so no one can say for sure, but us talking about them more and more only makes us want to ride them more. So, lets keep it up...Which one are you going for, EVEREST or The (puny) Mummy :lol:

imagineer99

Originally posted by The_CEO
Even when MUMMY opens... You can't compare.. So you all have till next year...

Dude...this is Disney we're talking about. We'll be lucky if Everest is up and running in 15 years.:lol:

Donaldistheduck

For the sake of argument.......

I think The Mummy will be a lot better than Everest. I realize that Everest is gonna be in this huge mountain instead of the old kong building, and it's disney so it will have a little more "Magic" to it. BUT the one reason I think that Mummy will be better is because of the last couple rides Universal has built. IOA asa whole is a great park, but Spiderman stands out as the best ride in Orlando, hands down. I like Mission Space a lot and Rock n Roller coaster is great, but there isnt a ride that combines a great queue, story, innovative technology, and intensity as spiderman. I was speachless after I rode this ride. The other is MIB, now, I know a lot of people here think its just a Buzz Lightyear clone, but its so much more. It has the greatest queue ever, and the ride is cleverly done, its kinda like Buzz, but like Buzz 100x.

Now onto the Mummy, I think this will be the scariest ride in any of the parks. SPOILER...KINDA, from what i've read, right before the coaster you will go into a room full of scarabs, and feel them crawl on you. Yes, Disney may have done this already, but never in an actual ride, and never in a ride as intense as this. Plus, whats scarier, getting crawled on by mice...ants and bugs....or flesh eating scarab beatles.

After saying all that, it is way to early to tell, and I am looking at which is better by what I am looking forward to more, especially since we have no idea about what the actual ride part of everest will be like.

imagineer99

Originally posted by Donaldistheduck
For the sake of argument.......

I think The Mummy will be a lot better than Everest. I realize that Everest is gonna be in this huge mountain instead of the old kong building, and it's disney so it will have a little more "Magic" to it. BUT the one reason I think that Mummy will be better is because of the last couple rides Universal has built. IOA asa whole is a great park, but Spiderman stands out as the best ride in Orlando, hands down. I like Mission Space a lot and Rock n Roller coaster is great, but there isnt a ride that combines a great queue, story, innovative technology, and intensity as spiderman. I was speachless after I rode this ride. The other is MIB, now, I know a lot of people here think its just a Buzz Lightyear clone, but its so much more. It has the greatest queue ever, and the ride is cleverly done, its kinda like Buzz, but like Buzz 100x.

Now onto the Mummy, I think this will be the scariest ride in any of the parks. SPOILER...KINDA, from what i've read, right before the coaster you will go into a room full of scarabs, and feel them crawl on you. Yes, Disney may have done this already, but never in an actual ride, and never in a ride as intense as this. Plus, whats scarier, getting crawled on by mice...ants and bugs....or flesh eating scarab beatles.

After saying all that, it is way to early to tell, and I am looking at which is better by what I am looking forward to more, especially since we have no idea about what the actual ride part of everest will be like.

I agree that Unversal has some really tight rides....but frankly that is all they have. Disney focuses on theming and an overall experience. You will never find something as amazing as Illuminations at Universal. You will never be able to experience something like World Showcase at Univeral.

Personally, Spiderman was the largest disappointment I have ever experienced. Everyone kept on telling me how great it was....I guess my expectations were just too high. After all, 3d should actually be 3D...not fuzzy 2d. The thrill was completely minimal, and to top it off the story (if there is one) makes no sense. I remeber vaguely seeing some villains...that's about it.

As for theming, Universal does a wonderful job. They just don't do it as well as Disney. After all, the comic book land in IOA and Marvel land essentially are comprised of 2-D facades. Cartoons DON't have to be one dimensional. Combine that with the fact that many of the rides have absolutley no story or imagination (i.e. Doctor Doom's Free Fall) , and you've got what I like to call an "Amusement Park on Steroids." In contrast, Disney is a place to escape.

That said, both Everest and RotM should be amazing.:) However, I am confident that the Yeti will eat the mummy for lunch.

andre85

Originally posted by imagineer99
Personally, Spiderman was the largest disappointment I have ever experienced. Everyone kept on telling me how great it was....I guess my expectations were just too high. After all, 3d should actually be 3D...not fuzzy 2d. The thrill was completely minimal, and to top it off the story (if there is one) makes no sense. I remeber vaguely seeing some villains...that's about it.

I concur. While I rather enjoyed IOA, Spiderman was not nearly the ride I was expecting. It was essentially Dinosaur with projectors. It most definitely was not worth the 1.5 hour wait.

Furthermore, I found Men in Black to be an extreme disappointment. When I saw the MIB building, I was like “I have to ride that”, though I wasn’t quite sure what it was. The themeing was excellent though; the wait passed quickly. When the ride finally began and I discovered it was a shooting gallery, damn, never been so disappointed in my life. I just thought Universal really blew a potentially awesome franchise to base a ride around. I also wasn’t too impressed by the animatronics…

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by Donaldistheduck
especially since we have no idea about what the actual ride part of everest will be like.

Which adds to the mystery even more. Something amazing may be in store for us on Everest. After all, there not filling that entire mountain with just one Yeti AA.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by imagineer99
I agree that Unversal has some really tight rides....but frankly that is all they have. Disney focuses on theming and an overall experience. You will never find something as amazing as Illuminations at Universal. You will never be able to experience something like World Showcase at Univeral.

As for theming, Universal does a wonderful job. They just don't do it as well as Disney. After all, the comic book land in IOA and Marvel land essentially are comprised of 2-D facades. Cartoons DON't have to be one dimensional. Combine that with the fact that many of the rides have absolutley no story or imagination (i.e. Doctor Doom's Free Fall) , and you've got what I like to call an "Amusement Park on Steroids." In contrast, Disney is a place to escape.

That said, both Everest and RotM should be amazing.:) However, I am confident that the Yeti will eat the mummy for lunch.

In my opinion, I think Universal actually creeps past Disney in the theming department in just a few places. Look at Universal Studios compared to Disney MGM Studios. Who wins that contest? USF hands down. Or how about comparing Marvel Super Hero Island to Fantasyland or Seuss Landing to Mickey's Toontown? Jurassic Park to Dinoland U.S.A. perhaps?

I'm also sad to hear about your experience with The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. The queue is incredibly well themed, and the entire ride has a great plot. Along with the special effects, this ride is basically the best theme park ride (along with the most technologically advanced) ever to be created at the moment. It definitely tops Mission: SPACE, which was Disney's answer to Spider-Man, any day.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Disney to death, and I visit our parks more than Universal (here's a fact: I made a trip to Universal Orlando in October for Halloween Horror Nights, then made 6 trips to WDW in the time frame until I returned to UO for Mardi Gras during the last weekend in February). I just don't like seeing everyone bash Universal so much. As many have said, we WILL NOT know which will be the better ride until Everest is completed (who knows when that'll happen:lol: ).

Num1OutkastFan

You Disney fans make me laugh. Calling me immature when you still slobber over a park that's filled with children's references? HAHA... It looks like you're missing the fact that Universal is so much more grown up and mature than Disney. About E:E, just look at that pic of the Yeti. I've seen 3rd graders draw better versions. On to responding to your "awesome" comebacks:
CEO:
Calling me shorty, too bad you didn't spell it right. Anyways, you don't know me either way. Just shows how some of you are so damn ignorant, that it ends up funny. BTW, doesn't look like I've been "ousted". Maybe I'm not posting every second of my life, cause unlike some of you I actually have a social life.
ThirdEye:
Yes, fans of Disney unite to "oust" me. Run me run!
Michael72688:
Thank ya.
Also, how can you not like Spider Man, but run to Dumbo, Mission Space, and Splash Mountain?

imagineer99

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
In my opinion, I think Universal actually creeps past Disney in the theming department in just a few places. Look at Universal Studios compared to Disney MGM Studios. Who wins that contest? USF hands down. Or how about comparing Marvel Super Hero Island to Fantasyland or Seuss Landing to Mickey's Toontown? Jurassic Park to Dinoland U.S.A. perhaps?

I'm also sad to hear about your experience with The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. The queue is incredibly well themed, and the entire ride has a great plot. Along with the special effects, this ride is basically the best theme park ride (along with the most technologically advanced) ever to be created at the moment. It definitely tops Mission: SPACE, which was Disney's answer to Spider-Man, any day.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Disney to death, and I visit our parks more than Universal (here's a fact: I made a trip to Universal Orlando in October for Halloween Horror Nights, then made 6 trips to WDW in the time frame until I returned to UO for Mardi Gras during the last weekend in February). I just don't like seeing everyone bash Universal so much. As many have said, we WILL NOT know which will be the better ride until Everest is completed (who knows when that'll happen:lol: ).

I'm sorry, but Marvel Superhero Island has extremely minimal themeing. Cardboard facades just don't spark the imagination.

Like I said, USF does an excellent job at theming....The Suess area is a really good example of this.

I'm not dissing Spidey's technology...it is (for lack of a better word) amazing. However, it is just not utilized like it should be.

Finally, comparing M:S to spidey is impossible. As a strict simulator, M:S doesn't resemble in anyway Spidey's technology. The closest thing WDW has to spiderman are EMV vehicles found in Dinosaur.

I'm not talking bad about USF, because it is a wonderful vacation destination. However, Disney in terms of overall experience is something that can't be beat.

By the way, did Universal ever complete that elevated track ride in Seuss land that resembled TTA?

imagineer99

Originally posted by Num1OutkastFan
You Disney fans make me laugh. Calling me immature when you still slobber over a park that's filled with children's references? HAHA... It looks like you're missing the fact that Universal is so much more grown up and mature than Disney.

Oh, the irony in this statement:rolleyes: *Looks at Seuss Landing*

Wether you will admit it or not, there would be no USF without WDW. There would be none of the audioanimatronics that permeate USF's rides and attractions. Without Disney there would be no steel roller coasters. Without Disney's hold on the Florida market, Universal would never of had the incentive to build in the first place.

It disappoints me greatly to see that many people only care for fleeting thrills. There is no imagination in that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom