The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Hungry Bear still has a decent burger, but we mostly eat there for the early evening riverfront ambience.
For my money, I prefer Smokejumper's Grill with their toppings bar and waffle fries.

You know, I’ve never had Smokejumpers, I have to try it.

Yeah I think I had the burger at Hungry Bear burger sometime in the last 5 years and I don’t remember it being bad but it might just be getting some atmosphere points. I had a thing for ambiance even as a kid when I would try to herd everyone to Hungry Bear all the time.... back when it was on the water. Sigh

Mac Tonight

You know, I’ve never had Smokejumpers, I have to try it.

Yeah I think I had the burger at Hungry Bear burger sometime in the last 5 years and I don’t remember it being bad but it might just be getting some atmosphere points. I had a thing for ambiance even as a kid when I would try to herd everyone to Hungry Bear all the time.... back when it was on the water. Sigh
I mean, it's nothing to really write home about, but you can't beat the view and atmosphere right as the sun sets along the river. Back before SWL opened, it was one of our favorite spots to find some peace and quiet in the parks.

Mac Tonight

I don't know. You have a lot of buffets and salad bar restaurants going bankrupt. I can't see how Disney could allow it.
True, but we're talking about a small station for condiments vs. a whole restaurant. Even if they moved it off-stage, the restaurant should be just fine.

Rich T

Lol. Not much has changed with the burgers but you can find a good one in Downtown Disney at least.
They used to be worse—and consistently bad across the park. You’d get 1/3 of the way through, and then just stare sadly down at the remaining flavorless, soggy mess and just call it a loss. On the plus side, you’d only wasted a couple of bucks.

mickEblu

Original Poster
They used to be worse—and consistently bad across the park. You’d get 1/3 of the way through, and then just stare sadly down at the remaining flavorless, soggy mess and just call it a loss. On the plus side, you’d only wasted a couple of bucks.

Lol. I don’t doubt it. I was a kid so I remember being ok with them.

Mac Tonight

I wonder if the cafeteria style places in Disneyland will be reconfigured away from self service. Maybe the cast member will give you the food instead of just picking the slice of cheesecake like before.
I predict all dining options at the parks will look and feel different at first. I'm sure the vloggers who need Disneyland open to make their living will be the first to let us know what its like!

Anjin

Revealed today: The much-loved old N64 themepark ride/photography game “Pokemon Snap” is (finally) getting a sequel on Nintendo Switch. Predating and foreshadowing rides like Buzz Lightyear and Tokyo’s Monster’s Inc., Pokemon Snap put you in a vehicle riding on rails through colorful landscapes—armed with a camera instead of a laser gun or flashlight—trying to get shots of elusive creatures who would appear briefly and suddenly along the route. Your photos got judged on rarity and composition. Can not wait for this sequel! 😃
Can you imagine this as a Midway Mania style ride where you take pictures of Pokémon? I'm sure Disney/Universal/Etc would would be happy to sell you your best photos. 😉

mickEblu

Original Poster
The quality and prices just don’t match at Smokejumper’s. To be honest, I’m not a fan of counter service burgers at the parks.

I have had a good burger twice at the Burger n Shake place at DTD. Of course both times I had to return the first burger as they were overcooked but when the manager brought them out the second time on both occasions they were 🔥🔥🔥

Californian Elitist

I have had a good burger twice at the Burger n Shake place at DTD. Of course both times I had to return the first burger as they were overcooked but when the manager brought them out the second time on both occasions they were 🔥🔥🔥

The burgers in DtD are a different story, definitely. I’m pretty fine with those. I want to try that burger spot out.

I love a good burger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom