The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Phroobar

Terminator: Dark Fate - Yet another Terminator movie but this time distributed by Disney! This one will star Linda Hamilton and Arnold. The film is scheduled to be released by Paramount Pictures in North America and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures outside of North America on November 1, 2019. Hey Bob, when are we going to get that Terminator ride in Tomorrowland?

Terminator_Dark_Fate_poster.jpg

Mac Tonight

Terminator: Dark Fate - Yet another Terminator movie but this time distributed by Disney! This one will star Linda Hamilton and Arnold. The film is scheduled to be released by Paramount Pictures in North America and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures outside of North America on November 1, 2019. Hey Bob, when are we going to get that Terminator ride in Tomorrowland?

All I want now is a movie opening that starts with a metallic castle and a red laser beam arch going over. Complete with the T2 drum beats.

VJ

The use of Futura is very weird in this poster, honestly...

SuddenStorm

2018 TEA numbers

Worldwide:
View attachment 374703

North America:
View attachment 374704

North America Water Parks:
View attachment 374705

Interesting that being open daily only boosted Magic Mountain's attendance 2%... I'd be curious to know if the park actually had a meaningful increase in revenue to offset the additional costs.

Also, it's always amusing to see the huge discrepancy between DCA and Disneyland's attendance. Disneyland literally does double what DCA does, and they're 100 feet apart.

Mac Tonight

Interesting that being open daily only boosted Magic Mountain's attendance 2%... I'd be curious to know if the park actually had a meaningful increase in revenue to offset the additional costs.

Also, it's always amusing to see the huge discrepancy between DCA and Disneyland's attendance. Disneyland literally does double what DCA does, and they're 100 feet apart.
100 feet in proximity, but 100 miles apart in overall quality.

mickEblu

Original Poster

How do they determine that? Which gate they walk into first?

mickEblu

Original Poster
I assume each park is on a different counter, and the first time you go through the turnstile for each park that day counts as a visit. I also believe the TEA numbers are estimates and not Disney's actual numbers.

But then wouldn’t attendance almost be equal since most guests are park-hoppers? Or perhaps I’m wrong and most guests aren’t parkhoppers?

mickEblu

Original Poster
I believe it has always been said they count the first gate entry of the day. I assume more parkhoppers visit DL first, it gets the most hits.

That’s what I was thinking. That would mean DCA gets my attendance boost since I usually go grab an FP for RSR or GOTG first thing since those run out the quickest /DCA closes earlier. With that said, I spend more time at DL. When it comes to DLR, they would better served giving the visit to the park the guest spends more time in. The tech is there for APs. Not sure how that could work for other guests.

socalifornian

It honestly didn’t feel like 365 would last when they first started. The place is still a ghost town on a lot of weekdays in the off season

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s what I was thinking. That would mean DCA gets my attendance boost since I usually go grab an FP for RSR or GOTG first thing since those run out the quickest /DCA closes earlier. With that said, I spend more time at DL. When it comes to DLR, they would better served giving the visit to the park the guest spends more time in. The tech is there for APs. Not sure how that could work for other guests.
And I'm sure Disney does track guest time in each park, especially APs. Which is why they appear to be adjusting APs to push more toward DCA.

Darkbeer1

And I'm sure Disney does track guest time in each park, especially APs. Which is why they appear to be adjusting APs to push more toward DCA.

Oh yes, them, and every other Theme Park Chain does the same. I have been pulled for surveys were they scan your pass, and ask you a set of questions while exiting, to get "average" data.

As for the "one count a day" rule, WDW did that first, as they wanted to count how many different people spent time at WDW that day. So park-hopping doesn't count in official attendance. Of course, Disney has internal numbers that show how many people park hopped, what time they spent in each park, etc.

Mac Tonight

So wait... if I went to the parks at 10am, hit up DL first, left at 12, and then spent the rest of the day at DCA and stayed until 9pm, they would only count that as an attendance click for DL? Maybe its just me, but that seems really stupid.

Touchdown

At the same time, I do usually spend more time in the park I go to first. I rope drop the non EMH park, stay at that park until noon, hop to the other park, and then depending on the night shows hop up to two more times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom