The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
"Why does everything have to be franchise-oriented? Because that's our barrier to entry. Because if ANY of our competitors had our intellectual property, guess what they would be doing... the EXACT same thing we're doing." – Bob Chapek

I regret ever impersonating this buffoon. This simpleton from merchandising has NO clue what it takes to be a true industry leader. His literal defense of using IP everywhere in the parks is that its what his competitors would have done. Bravo Bobby, how third grade of you. Way to stand out and be different! I didn't think the bar could get lowered any more.

For ****'s suck these are the industry-leading Disney parks and $hapek is treating them like a billboard.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Americas Team, the Toronto Raptors, beat the Warriors tonight. One down, three more to go!
Its only one game, don't count the Warriors out yet...

259810e23cf4b3c6762b721f17700d67--nba-warriors-nba-golden-state-warriors.jpg

SuddenStorm

Does anyone have any recent photos taken of the Adventureland sign? A poster on the chit chat forums said it was supposed to be completed today (Thursday). I'd be curious to see what the final products looks like.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Does anyone have any recent photos taken of the Adventureland sign? A poster on the chit chat forums said it was supposed to be completed today (Thursday). I'd be curious to see what the final products looks like.

Oh no, it’s already done!? I’m guessing it’s pretty basic then. No more thatched roof... not that I was expecting it

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They showed a map on ESPN that shows that every state in the country is pulling for Toronto except California, Nevada and Hawaii. I’d imagine Southern California however, is pulling for Toronto.
That was based on just Twitter hashtags from what I know. So I don't think its a true representation of how the country feels.

But nonetheless, its the Bay Area's time again to shine. We had some long lean years and now are starting to come back to our glory years in sports. Warriors and Giants (though I'm an A's fan) both have been great this decade, and even the Sharks have starting to show signs of a Cup run in the last couple years just coming up short again this year. Now we just need my Niners to come back and then we'll capture all four major sports.

mickEblu

Original Poster
That was based on just Twitter hashtags from what I know. So I don't think its a true representation of how the country feels.

But nonetheless, its the Bay Area's time again to shine. We had some long lean years and now are starting to come back to our glory years in sports. Warriors and Giants (though I'm an A's fan) both have been great this decade, and even the Sharks have starting to show signs of a Cup run in the last couple years just coming up short again this year. Now we just need my Niners to come back and then we'll capture all four major sports.

I’m not really a Fins fan 😉

Without KD, the Raptors just might pull it off. Tonight was a must win and really Sundays game is too.

Darkbeer1

They showed a map on ESPN that shows that every state in the country is pulling for Toronto except California, Nevada and Hawaii. I’d imagine Southern California however, is pulling for Toronto.

Based on the crowd watching on a Super Big Screen at the Anaheim Packing House tonight, you are correct. The Majority were either Raptors fans or Neutral. And since both my parents went to the University of Toronto, I was one of the Raptors fans, I just miss the name Air Canada Centre. Very nice facility that I have visited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom