The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Darkbeer1

So wait... if I went to the parks at 10am, hit up DL first, left at 12, and then spent the rest of the day at DCA and stayed until 9pm, they would only count that as an attendance click for DL? Maybe its just me, but that seems really stupid.

The law of averages says it all equals out.

But we are talking about visitor counts and statistics.

How many came to the Disneyland Resort on a specific day.

How many stayed in a Hotel Room/Lodging/Friend's house.

How many drove in for a day trip?

Where did that person eat? Shop? Did they go to a sporting event the same day? How about a Museum, the movies, etc.

Mac Tonight

The law of averages says it all equals out.

But we are talking about visitor counts and statistics.

How many came to the Disneyland Resort on a specific day.

How many stayed in a Hotel Room/Lodging/Friend's house.

How many drove in for a day trip?

Where did that person eat? Shop? Did they go to a sporting event the same day? How about a Museum, the movies, etc.
I guess that’s why it not a numbers person...

Californian Elitist

*Gotta preserve Disneyland Park Specific history

I think we can all agree DCA's history is best left forgotten.

Honestly, yeah. DCA’s history doesn’t interest me at all and my affection for that park comes nowhere close to how I feel about Disneyland.

If I’m being perfectly honest, none of the other Disney parks around the world mean anything to me, history included. Disneyland is literally the only park I adore and truly care about. And yes, its history should be respected and preserved.

SuddenStorm

Honestly, yeah. DCA’s history doesn’t interest me at all and my affection for that park comes nowhere close to how I feel about Disneyland.

If I’m being perfectly honest, none of the other Disney parks around the world mean anything to me, history included. Disneyland is literally the only park I adore and truly care about. And yes, its history should be respected and preserved.

I agree completely. The only Disney park that isn't Disneyland I have any interest in is Disneyland Paris... but that's only because of my respect and admiration for Tony Baxter, Tom Morris, and the many other legends that worked on that park.

I think I could happily go the rest of my life without stepping foot in DCA again.

On a bit of a side note, I'm extremely curious to see how modern Imagineering/Disney's cavalier attitude about what Disneyland (park) is and the the numerous changes they've made in the last 5 years will impact the park's long term appeal in American culture.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I agree completely. The only Disney park that isn't Disneyland I have any interest in is Disneyland Paris... but that's only because of my respect and admiration for Tony Baxter, Tom Morris, and the many other legends that worked on that park.

I think I could happily go the rest of my life without stepping foot in DCA again.

On a bit of a side note, I'm extremely curious to see how modern Imagineering/Disney's cavalier attitude about what Disneyland (park) is and the the numerous changes they've made in the last 5 years will impact the park's long term appeal in American culture.

I am interested in visiting Disneyland Paris. I’m interested in visiting all of the other parks. I don’t care if I don’t, but I would love to. Do I care about what happens to them? No.

At this point, I feel the same about DCA. The park has been screwed since the very beginning. They were on a good track, only to go off the rails just a few years later. So whatever.

Ditto on your last paragraph.

SuddenStorm

Does anyone know where to find the area music that played in Bear Country?

This is the most complete record of Disneyland area music I've been able to find... it has years for each loop, and the source for as much of it as possible. Some has never been released to the public (the versions Oklahoma and Music Man songs that play on Main Street for example) so not every loop is complete. A few months back I went through and purchased everything I could.

http://dlrmusiccompendium.blogspot.com/p/disneyland-park.html

It doesn't have Bear Country... but it does have Hungry Bear Restaurant's loop that I assume hasn't changed. I assume that if it isn't here, than it isn't anywhere.

Last edited:

Rich T

Critter Country full audio loop:

Winnie the Pooh full area audio loop:

Use https://ytmp3.cc/ to convert Youtube to mp3.

Try sending an email inquiry to Passport to Dreams Old and New. If the answer's not there, it's nowhere. The Country Bears LP (available on iTunes) contains several instrumental tracks that were played in the Mile Long Bar.
(EDIT)
Just to be clear, I mean the REAL Country Bears LP, not the movie soundtrack. :D

Mac Tonight

"Why does everything have to be franchise-oriented? Because that's our barrier to entry. Because if ANY of our competitors had our intellectual property, guess what they would be doing... the EXACT same thing we're doing." – Bob Chapek

I regret ever impersonating this buffoon. This simpleton from merchandising has NO clue what it takes to be a true industry leader. His literal defense of using IP everywhere in the parks is that its what his competitors would have done. Bravo Bobby, how third grade of you. Way to stand out and be different! I didn't think the bar could get lowered any more.

Phroobar

"Why does everything have to be franchise-oriented? Because that's our barrier to entry. Because if ANY of our competitors had our intellectual property, guess what they would be doing... the EXACT same thing we're doing." – Bob Chapek

I regret ever impersonating this buffoon. This simpleton from merchandising has NO clue what it takes to be a true industry leader. His literal defense of using IP everywhere in the parks is that its what his competitors would have done. Bravo Bobby, how third grade of you. Way to stand out and be different! I didn't think the bar could get lowered any more.
He could be worst. <cough>Paul Pressler<cough>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom