The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Jungle Cruise needs some love. Not movie IP tie in love but some love. Most of those AAs need to be upgraded.
I pretty much only ride it with non AP fam and friends ( meaning they haven’t been to the parks in a while) that aren’t only looking for thrills. So if I’m on the Jungle Cruise it probably means I’m with a party that contains a few babies or old people or I just haven’t been on it in a long time and think it’s worth checking out again. Basically ive noticed in my experience it’s used as a filler attraction by a very selective group of guests. The Jungle/ foiliage is amazing but the jokes and AAs are tired. Not that AAs alone are the answer. I will say though, a good skipper goes a long way.

I wonder how first time guests view the attraction? Not sure these attractions were created to remain entertaining on the 1000th visit. I mean how many times can you watch the same movie without being bored?

Mac Tonight

The Jungle Cruise needs some love. Not movie IP tie in love but some love. Most of those AAs need to be upgraded.
I pretty much only ride it with non AP fam and friends ( meaning they haven’t been to the parks in a while) that aren’t only looking for thrills. So if I’m on the Jungle Cruise it probably means I’m with a party that contains a few babies or old people or I just haven’t been on it in a long time and think it’s worth checking out again. Basically ive noticed in my experience it’s used as a filler attraction by a very selective group of guests. The Jungle/ foiliage is amazing but the jokes and AAs are tired. Not that AAs alone are the answer. I will say though, a good skipper goes a long way.

I wonder how first time guests view the attraction? Not sure these attractions were created to remain entertaining on the 1000th visit. I mean how many times can you watch the same movie without being bored?
My last trip down river was about a 6/10. The microphone wasn't coming through very clear, so most of the Skipper's jokes were muffled. Though I will say he gave an almost night and day different speech than the Skipper on my last visit. I wonder how much leeway they give the Skippers to make it their own. Or if for every scenario they have a few options of what they can say.

That said, I agree. It could use a touch-up. I do enjoy the recently added(?) explosions right before you reach the monkeys in camp. I also think our Skipper pointed out two animals I don't recall ever seeing before.

I still slightly favor the MK's JC because of the sweet temple you go through.

Phroobar

My last trip down river was about a 6/10. The microphone wasn't coming through very clear, so most of the Skipper's jokes were muffled. Though I will say he gave an almost night and day different speech than the Skipper on my last visit. I wonder how much leeway they give the Skippers to make it their own. Or if for every scenario they have a few options of what they can say.

That said, I agree. It could use a touch-up. I do enjoy the recently added(?) explosions right before you reach the monkeys in camp. I also think our Skipper pointed out two animals I don't recall ever seeing before.

I still slightly favor the MK's JC because of the sweet temple you go through.
I usually try to sit near the skipper and recite their lines at least a second or two before they do. It really throws them off. Once I was "invited" to skipper myself. I gave an older funnier but still clean version of the script. It was a lot of fun.

SuddenStorm

I usually try to sit near the skipper and recite their lines at least a second or two before they do. It really throws them off. Once I was "invited" to skipper myself. I gave an older funnier but still clean version of the script. It was a lot of fun.

So how do I go about getting this invite?

Rich T

The Jungle Cruise...iused as a filler attraction by a very selective group of guests.
...I mean how many times can you watch the same movie without being bored?
But Jungle Cruise nearly always has a hefty line. For many, including my family, it's a must-do on every visit. We LOVE Jungle Cruise. It's beautiful, it's relaxing, it's good-natured. It is pure, 100% classic Disneyland, and it's aged very, very well.

It's not a movie, it's a living environment effected by weather, time of day, skipper, passengers and ducks. That moment when you enter the Elephant Bathing Pool and everyone just oohs and ahhhs in delight, even if they've seen it a hundred times... It's one of the best moments of any Disney attraction. The Hippo pool's a gem, too. Everything else can be swapped out and re-arranged, but those scenes need to stay forever (Lost Safari, too).

My advice to Jungle Cruise riders: Just relax. Soak it all in. You're in a freaking jungle in the middle of ANAHEIM. That's genuine magic.

Last edited:

Rich T

Unfortunately those are in AT&T/WB hands.
...for NOW...:D
And, just found this on the internet. This is Gold.
disneyoftherings.jpg

VJ

Happy 27th anniversary to my favorite nighttime show ever, Fantasmic!
Dreams, are make-believe, but could they all come true?

mickEblu

Original Poster
But Jungle Cruise nearly always has a hefty line. For many, including my family, it's a must-do on every visit. We LOVE Jungle Cruise. It's beautiful, it's relaxing, it's good-natured. It is pure, 100% classic Disneyland, and it's aged very, very well.

It's not a movie, it's a living environment effected by weather, time of day, skipper, passengers and ducks. That moment when you enter the Elephant Bathing Pool and everyone just oohs and ahhhs in delight, even if they've seen it a hundred times... It's one of the best moments of any Disney attraction. The Hippo pool's a gem, too. Everything else can be swapped out and re-arranged, but those scenes need to stay forever (Lost Safari, too).

My advice to Jungle Cruise riders: Just relax. Soak in all in. You're in a freaking jungle in the middle of ANAHEIM. That's genuine magic.

I don’t disagree. The elephant bathing pool is one of my favorite scenes on any Disney attraction. It’s pure happiness. The Jungle is incredible. But the AAs could be better. At least the showcase AAs. It’s not a must do for most of my circle but I’m glad it’s there and hope it’s never replaced. Just think it needs some updating. Again, If you re not an AP and go on Jungle Cruise every few years or once in a lifetime it’s wonderful. With that said, I think there is room for improvement.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
The Jungle Cruise is fine. It's a perfect blend of old school Disney with some new effects. Just needs more scripts. The one they have for female skippers is so bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom