The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Mac Tonight

I hadn’t seen the video either but WOW. That looked cringey. Granted, I didn’t see it with audio but I can only imagine it being worse.
Oh, it be worse. The use of the kid from The Goldbergs was... an interesting choice. I admit, I liked the show for the first 4-5 seasons (I think they're on like Season 9 now or something?), but his presence was questionable.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Oh, it be worse. The use of the kid from The Goldbergs was... an interesting choice. I admit, I liked the show for the first 4-5 seasons (I think they're on like Season 9 now or something?), but his presence was questionable.

Oh is he? I just thought he looked kind of awkward and an odd choice. I would only recognize the Dad from the Goldbergs because of Curb Your Enthusiasm. The whole thing though just looked awful. And then Josh's Slow mo robotic lightsaber training. SMH. That’s the only part I had seen until last night. All the N64 graphics. Wonderful.

Mac Tonight

Oh is he? I just thought he looked kind of awkward and an odd choice. I would only recognize the Dad from the Goldbergs because of Curb Your Enthusiasm. The whole thing though just looked awful. And then Josh's Slow mo robotic lightsaber training. SMH. That’s the only part I had seen until last night. All the N64 graphics. Wonderful.
LOVE Curb!!! Season 11 is killing it right now!

But yeah, that lightsaber "activity" just looks terrible. There was no fluidity to it at all.

Mac Tonight

This guy is a great. Completely unfiltered and tells it like it is. Most vloggers I watch really mince their words as they don’t want to get on Disneys naughty list. Here he’s talking about Disney pulling down the Galactic Cruiser video and why they did it.

After re-watching these videos again, I think I have a new theory: Brayden's main beef with the whole thing is probably just the fact that he's ed they used an actor in their promo video that looks like him, lol.

mickEblu

Original Poster
After re-watching these videos again, I think I have a new theory: Brayden's main beef with the whole thing is probably just the fact that he's ****ed they used an actor in their promo video that looks like him, lol.

You said it. Lol. I noticed the similarities in body type but my thought process didn’t quite go there.

No Name

Brayden used to get so much hate on the main section of this site… opinions were like “why is this whiny kid rehashing info I can just find by reading specific articles and forum posts on wdwmagic.com?!” So closed minded. There’s a lot of people who keep up with this stuff in a lot of different ways, and YouTube videos are definitely one of them. Brayden is doing good work and I imagine he’s making good money!

DrAlice

Brayden used to get so much hate on the main section of this site… opinions were like “why is this whiny kid rehashing info I can just find by reading specific articles and forum posts on wdwmagic.com?!” So closed minded. There’s a lot of people who keep up with this stuff in a lot of different ways, and YouTube videos are definitely one of them. Brayden is doing good work and I imagine he’s making good money!
I hope he is! I've enjoyed his channel for quite awhile. His videos are always short and to the point. For someone that isn't a WDW regular, I appreciate the highlights (and honest opinions) of what's happening at the East Coast park.

smooch

I have a quick question about reservations. When I look at reservations for January 4th-6th it shows Disneyland as having reservations open for starting park. That means I can still parkhop to DCA on any of those 3 days after noon, correct? Would it be worth going those days even though they'll be a bit busier than the week after so my girlfriend can see the Christmas decorations / overlays at Disenyland for the first time in her life, or would it be better / a good bit less busy than the 4th-6th? The week after the 11th-13th have reservations for both parks available and the surrounding beginning / end of that week isn't fully booked like the surrounding dates of the 4th-6th are.

waltography

I have a quick question about reservations. When I look at reservations for January 4th-6th it shows Disneyland as having reservations open for starting park. That means I can still parkhop to DCA on any of those 3 days after noon, correct? Would it be worth going those days even though they'll be a bit busier than the week after so my girlfriend can see the Christmas decorations / overlays at Disenyland for the first time in her life, or would it be better / a good bit less busy than the 4th-6th? The week after the 11th-13th have reservations for both parks available and the surrounding beginning / end of that week isn't fully booked like the surrounding dates of the 4th-6th are.
Yes, if you have park hopper tickets and reserve DL as your starting park, you can parkhop after *1pm. From what I understand/experienced, Christmas busy is about as busy as any other day of the year now because of the reservation system, so I wouldn't put too much stock in crowd calendars for at least a little while. The holidays at Disneyland ends on the 9th so I'd book the 4th-6th if you/your girlfriend would like to see them.

CaptinEO

I mean none of his opinions are things people haven't heard before, but he is taking the time to put it into a nicely made video instead of someone like me who just posts text on the internet.

I'm glad for anyone that is real and not an outrage culture person or a pixie duster. Both those types are equally as bad for different reasons.

All for level headed people!

SuddenStorm

I'm just now realizing that the old mil on the right half of the Fantasmic stage is a replica of the old mill that was there before they rebuilt that half of the Island for Fantasmic, they just flipped the orientation.

1639383463176.png

1639383751151.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
Got my last trip in yesterday for the rest of the year. I don’t have another reservation until 1/29 and I’m totally cool with that. We re a little burnt out. We got our passes in late August and have gone to the parks 9 times. I’m ok taking a little break. Trips with the kiddos aren’t for the faint of heart. Also don’t recommend trying to board the monorail with two strollers and 4 bags. Excited for our adult Disneyland early V Day celebration in early February. We pretty much never leave the kids behind. We have Blue Bayou reservations for lunch on 2/4 and we ll be going to Trader Sams for dinner/ drinks.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Got my last trip in yesterday for the rest of the year. I don’t have another reservation until 1/29 and I’m totally cool with that. We re a little burnt out. We got our passes in late August and have gone to the parks 9 times. I’m ok taking a little break. Trips with the kiddos aren’t for the faint of heart. Also don’t recommend trying to board the monorail with two strollers and 4 bags. Excited for our adult Disneyland early V Day celebration in early February. We pretty much never leave the kids behind. We have Blue Bayou reservations for lunch on 2/4 and we ll be going to Trader Sams for dinner/ drinks.
I just did Blue Bayou Lunch and Trader Sams Dinner on Saturday! Nice combination!

Blue Bayou was great! Trader Sams was really fun, had never been there before. They did seem to forget to notify us when our table was ready so management scrambled when I told them I checked in at the host stand 30 minutes ago.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I just did Blue Bayou Lunch and Trader Sams Dinner on Saturday! Nice combination!

Blue Bayou was great! Trader Sams was really fun, had never been there before. They did seem to forget to notify us when our table was ready so management scrambled when I told them I checked in at the host stand 30 minutes ago.

Nice! Did you sit inside or outside at Trader Sams? I’ve been to Trader Sams once but it’s been about 6 years or so. I remember it being really cool and the drinks nice and strong. We sat inside but I saw a vlog recently that showed two really talented musicians outside of either Trader Sams or Tangaroa but apparently they re only there on Wednesday’s.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Nice! Did you sit inside or outside at Trader Sams? I’ve been to Trader Sams once but it’s been about 6 years or so. I remember it being really cool and the drinks nice and strong. We sat inside but I saw a vlog recently that showed two really talented musicians outside of either Trader Sams or Tangaroa but apparently they re only there on Wednesday’s.
It was inside and a musician was playing outside. This was on Saturday. When I checked in they asked if I'd rather be inside or outside.

Get the Pu Pu Platter, it has a sampling of most dishes. Ramen was huge too.

brb1006

As a person who prefers the old-school and classic Christmas Specials over any modern Christmas film or TV special. I'm very disappointed with AMC's "Best Christmas Ever" block this year. Because not only did is this year's Christmas block ditched the "Rankin-Bass Weekends" in favor of a "Bill Murray Marathon" (with the exception of Scrooged, the majority are not related to Christmas). But because they aren't airing the other Rankin/Bass Stop-Motion Christmas Specials this year. :(

Besides Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, A Year Without A Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, T'was The Night Before Christmas, and Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas In July. Rankin-Bass' lesser-known and B-list Christmas Specials aren't airing this year.

One of my favorite obscure Holidays Specials by Rankin-Bass (beside Rudolph and Rudolph's Shiny New Year) is Nestor the Long-eared Christmas Donkey because of how cute the titular young donkey is and the laid-back and relaxing score. I'm upset that I won't be seeing it on air this year. Hope AMC will repair this alongside the other specials!

Especially since AMC created a block dedicated to Rankin-Bass during the weekends beginning in 2018 after they left FreeForm (formerly ABC Family) and moved to AMC.

And no I'm not joining AMC+ just to see those specials! I prefer seeing this aired live tv over streaming them since it's not the same. :mad:

CaptinEO

As a person who prefers the old-school and classic Christmas Specials over any modern Christmas film or TV special. I'm very disappointed with AMC's "Best Christmas Ever" block this year. Because not only did is this year's Christmas block ditched the "Rankin-Bass Weekends" in favor of a "Bill Murray Marathon" (with the exception of Scrooged, the majority are not related to Christmas). But because they aren't airing the other Rankin/Bass Stop-Motion Christmas Specials this year. :(

Besides Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, A Year Without A Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, T'was The Night Before Christmas, and Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas In July. Rankin-Bass' lesser-known and B-list Christmas Specials aren't airing this year.

One of my favorite obscure Holidays Specials by Rankin-Bass (beside Rudolph and Rudolph's Shiny New Year) is Nestor the Long-eared Christmas Donkey because of how cute the titular young donkey is and the laid-back and relaxing score. I'm upset that I won't be seeing it on air this year. Hope AMC will repair this alongside the other specials!

Especially since AMC created a block dedicated to Rankin-Bass during the weekends beginning in 2018 after they left FreeForm (formerly ABC Family) and moved to AMC.

And no I'm not joining AMC+ just to see those specials! I prefer seeing this aired live tv over streaming them since it's not the same. :mad:
Buy the DVDs or Blurays. No cable required.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom