The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Dear Prudence

The whole thing really.
861b5658fb7040030a0fdb17f8e5432d.jpg
I do quite like that design

mickEblu

Original Poster
Have they removed the Wishing song from Snow Whites wishing well too? You know because a young woman shouldn't be wishing for a man to "save" her? The last couple few times I walked by the wishing well no music was playing. Yesterday there was also no music playing but as I walked away towards Tomorrowland I think I heard them playing "With a Smile and a Song." Hope im wrong. Didn't they used to have the Wishing Song on a loop?

Also has anyone ever solved the mystery of the new/old Train Station announcements? Next time I go I'm asking one of the CM's that work at the train station.

I didn't get a chance to ride Alice in Wonderland yesterday but im wondering if the Caterpillar and his hookah ever made it back.

I guess I have PC PTSD: Politically Correct Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. After watching a YouTube video, it appears I may have mistook the beginning of “I’m Wishing” where shes just humming with the beginning of the “With a Smile and a Song” song.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Had myself a great ride on the Matterhorn a couple nights ago. It kind of just shot Matterhorn back up near the top of my list. There’s just something about riding it at night on a cold evening with crisp air hitting you in the face. The views and all the lights certainly don’t hurt either. I go Fantasyland side now. Up until relatively recently I always chose the TL side but In hindsight it was the wrong move. It’s not more “thrilling.” Its just more rough. In addition to the FL side being smoother I also prefer the route it takes.

Last edited:

No Name

Do yourself and your families a favor, and never, under any circumstances, watch Home Sweet Home Alone on D+.

Just... don't.
Haha it’s too late for me, I already watched it!

My favorite part was when the robbers kept slipping and sliding down the driveway and never thought to walk on the grass. It plays so well into the whole respectful robber thing which made this movie kinda not work.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
They should have built another RR station near one of the entrances to Galaxy's Edge, because it's kind of a chore to walk over there from most areas of the park.

What they really need to do is build a skyliner from Mickey and Friends to the current bus transpo area (after it gets demo’d) to the new parking lot off Harbor. And maybe a line from Mickey and Friends to the DL Hotel side of DTD.

Mac Tonight

Haha it’s too late for me, I already watched it!

My favorite part was when the robbers kept slipping and sliding down the driveway and never thought to walk on the grass. It plays so well into the whole respectful robber thing which made this movie kinda not work.
Making the burglars almost the "heroes" of the story was a really weird twist. And definitely defeats the purpose of the story. I also hated that the whole thing wound up being essentially, a "misunderstanding".

It's a shame too, because I thought they had a great cast (LOVE Aisling Bea) and really felt like their comedic abilities were greatly squandered.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Making the burglars almost the "heroes" of the story was a really weird twist. And definitely defeats the purpose of the story. I also hated that the whole thing wound up being essentially, a "misunderstanding".

It's a shame too, because I thought they had a great cast (LOVE Aisling Bea) and really felt like their comedic abilities were greatly squandered.

This sounds terrible.

Mac Tonight

This sounds terrible.
It really was. Just a total shame for everyone involved.

In fact, it was so bad, there was an actual scene where they're watching a movie on TV (it's a futuristic "remake" version of Angels with Filthy Souls from the originals) and one of the characters actually says, "I don't know why they keep trying to remake the classics. They're never as good as the original". :banghead:

Congratulations, movie. You played yourself.

truecoat

What they really need to do is build a skyliner from Mickey and Friends to the current bus transpo area (after it gets demo’d) to the new parking lot off Harbor. And maybe a line from Mickey and Friends to the DL Hotel side of DTD.

I'm not sure they have the capacity at the end of the night.

truecoat

They could still run the trams too but I’d imagine they would want to get rid of them if they ever built the skyway.

It looks like a Skyliner leaves the station every 6-7 seconds down at WDW. You can fit 10 people inside but let's say 6 people. At best, that's 36 people a minute or 2160 an hour. It would take forever to move those people to the parking garage.

I'm a big proponent for this transportation but it may not work well with super large crowds, especially after fireworks for example.

DrAlice

This guy is a great. Completely unfiltered and tells it like it is. Most vloggers I watch really mince their words as they don’t want to get on Disneys naughty list. Here he’s talking about Disney pulling down the Galactic Cruiser video and why they did it.

I love Brayden's channel. He always produces good quality content.

Also, Pro-Tip: you know when he's going to tell it like it is when he's wearing a dress shirt or a jacket. :D

CaptinEO

This guy is a great. Completely unfiltered and tells it like it is. Most vloggers I watch really mince their words as they don’t want to get on Disneys naughty list. Here he’s talking about Disney pulling down the Galactic Cruiser video and why they did it.

Miceage users have been telling it how it is since the early 2000s/late 90s.

I've noticed a few more honest youtubers these days. It's a great trend as the advertiser channels/shills get old quick and aren't genuine.

Mac Tonight

I hadn't seen the now "deleted" Disney cringe-fest video, so I watched that first, then stumbled on this guy's video.
He makes a lot of good points. It'll be interesting to track this place's success or failure.

Just at a pure price point alone, I know it's something I would never go in on. I'm not that much of a Star Wars fan.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I hadn't seen the now "deleted" Disney cringe-fest video, so I watched that first, then stumbled on this guy's video.
He makes a lot of good points. It'll be interesting to track this place's success or failure.

Just at a pure price point alone, I know it's something I would never go in on. I'm not that much of a Star Wars fan.

I hadn’t seen the video either but WOW. That looked cringey. Granted, I didn’t see it with audio but I can only imagine it being worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom