The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Darkbeer1

So @Darkbeer1 since most of our DL reopening threads got shutdown, what's the latest you hear on reopening plans?

I won't talk about the DLR specifically, but the California Theme Parks in general are very frustrated with Sacramento, which is failing to even give hints on when things might move forward.

I have a key 9 AM Teleconference, where we might get something new, but people are just frustrated.

Had an early dinner at a nearby park, where I was joined by a senior exec, talking about life in general.

The bowling alley partnership I am a part of just announced we will not be given a distribution check for the first time this year.

Our Karaoke tenant invoked their early lease termination clause, but paid all the penalties. The good news is Boomers is operating all their outdoor activities, and the new owner is interesting in leasing the karaoke space. So not good in the short term, but positive signs moving forward.

The tough part is that I am now the BMOC for all the family investments, as my mother passed away peacefully yesterday, after a couple of months of Hospital, Nursing Home and a month home in Hospice. She did not have COVID, she basically died of old age at 88 years of age.

I am so blessed to have my wife Lisa, who lost her mother last month. It has been a tough year for us, but then, it has been one for many families. Time to move forward, and make the best of what has been given to us, and we have dealt with challenges in the past, and can handle this one!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I won't talk about the DLR specifically, but the California Theme Parks in general are very frustrated with Sacramento, which is failing to even give hints on when things might move forward.

I have a key 9 AM Teleconference, where we might get something new, but people are just frustrated.

Had an early dinner at a nearby park, where I was joined by a senior exec, talking about life in general.

The bowling alley partnership I am a part of just announced we will not be given a distribution check for the first time this year.

Our Karaoke tenant invoked their early lease termination clause, but paid all the penalties. The good news is Boomers is operating all their outdoor activities, and the new owner is interesting in leasing the karaoke space. So not good in the short term, but positive signs moving forward.

The tough part is that I am now the BMOC for all the family investments, as my mother passed away peacefully yesterday, after a couple of months of Hospital, Nursing Home and a month home in Hospice. She did not have COVID, she basically died of old age at 88 years of age.

I am so blessed to have my wife Lisa, who lost her mother last month. It has been a tough year for us, but then, it has been one for many families. Time to move forward, and make the best of what has been given to us, and we have dealt with challenges in the past, and can handle this one!
Sorry to hear about your family passings. Thoughts are with you.

On the other fronts, keep all your friends here updated as always on the goings on around the area.

Darkbeer1

Darkbeer1

Sorry to hear about your family passings. Thoughts are with you.

On the other fronts, keep all your friends here updated as always on the goings on around the area.

One interesting thing, the City of Anaheim has hired a new City Manager...

We stole Buena Park's City Manager.

But he worked on the Beach Boulevard improvements and on Visit Buena Park Tourism.

So folks are hoping he can do the same for Anaheim's section of Beach Blvd, and help Visit Anaheim gear up when things are allowed to open.

Rich T

4238859C-FB1C-420A-9A43-AB07ABF789B2.jpeg

Botton’s Pleasure Beach In the U.K. They actually call this one Dumbo. Maybe this is the Tim Burton version.

Brer Panther

View attachment 489476
Botton’s Pleasure Beach In the U.K. They actually call this one Dumbo. Maybe this is the Tim Burton version.
If you look closely, you can see a picture of Dumbo under the ride's sign. They're pretty blatant about it. The parrots are a nice touch, though.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's the exact same "Flying Elephant" ride they have at Six Flags Great Adventure. Let me find a picture of it...
1596819502869.png

Yeah, pretty sure it's the exact same ride, except the ones at Pleasure Beach were given an ugly paint job. They honestly look like they should be part of the film's "Pink Elephants on Parade" sequence.

One more thing - what's that animal on the blue elephant in the center of the ride? A beaver?

Rich T

One more thing - what's that animal on the blue elephant in the center of the ride? A beaver?
No tail. I’m gonna guess it’s a highly-stylized chimpanzee.
(Edit) Y’know what kills me about these knockoffs—The elephant ears are so small! What kind of excuse for pachyderm aerodynamics is that?!?

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Can't really talk about this morning's teleconference.

But in regards to Disneyland and reopening.

They feel they are being held "Hostage" by the state, and they are trying to apply as much pressure as they can.

FYI, the JW Marriott will open on August 19th, mainly just renting rooms, and the Starbucks will be open to start.

The deadline to file to run for office in Anaheim is 5 PM Today, should be interesting to see who actually submits their paperwork, we expect not all 6 candidates in District 4 and 5 will decide to move forward. The three in District 1 are all expected to run.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Can't really talk about this morning's teleconference.

But in regards to Disneyland and reopening.

They feel they are being held "Hostage" by the state, and they are trying to apply as much pressure as they can.

FYI, the JW Marriott will open on August 19th, mainly just renting rooms, and the Starbucks will be open to start.

The deadline to file to run for office in Anaheim is 5 PM Today, should be interesting to see who actually submits their paperwork, we expect not all 6 candidates in District 4 and 5 will decided to move forward. The three in District 1 are all expected to run.

Thanks for the update. Disney has shown they're willing to enforce strict safety measures to keep the risk of contacting covid down at their property, there's no reason for Disneyland to remain closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom