The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disneyland should remain closed at least until California is no longer one of the biggest covid hotzones on the planet.
Actually there are a lot of reasons... which you know... is why it is still closed.
Let us not start this please. We've already had too many threads shutdown because of this debate. We get it people have different opinions on the subject.

Darkbeer1

I wish we’d get SOME news. Even if it’s a date fairly far into the future, at least it would be something. This forum is about to blow away liked a tumbleweed soon.

I might have something in a few days, but it won't be much. Currently there are many things going on in Sacramento, many with political overtones due to the November Election. Not much about the National races, but more the local and propositions, and keeping supporters happy.

Phroobar

The elephants all have superpowers, maybe?
super-hero-elephant-cartoon-illustration-191464592.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

Disney is certainly a hostage of the state at this point. Even if they're able to reopen, they'll only be able to admit a pathetic amount of people. I've been saying that Disneyland has the best chance of rebounding in this crisis. Everywhere I go in SoCal, there are tons of people everywhere. They don't want to be inside watching Netflix anymore. It's hot. Just let people get their fried chicken and ride Dumbo.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
@Darkbeer1 I have a question, maybe its been asked already and I missed it. But why can't Disneyland do a "Taste of Main St" opening like Knott's? Has Disney considered that? Is there anything blocking them from doing it?

I think they should if its possible. Its at least be a way to get the Park at least partially reopened and revenue coming in. And I bet a large percentage of locals would attend. Food and shopping at Disneyland, sounds good to me right now.

Californian Elitist

Disney should open a small public venue outside of Disneyland that sells their most popular snacks (dole whip, churros, corn dogs, Mickey pretzels, turkey leg, etc.) somewhere in Southern California. Charge folks more money for not having to go to the parks and set up shop. They’d most likely make a ton of money.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney should open a small public venue outside of Disneyland that sells their most popular snacks (dole whip, churros, corn dogs, Mickey pretzels, turkey leg, etc.) somewhere in Southern California. Charge folks more money for not having to go to the parks and set up shop. They’d most likely make a ton of money.
I'm all for that idea. But why would that be any different than doing it at Disneyland? To me it seems it would be the same, its just a location change.

Californian Elitist

I'm all for that idea. But why would that be any different than doing it at Disneyland? To me it seems it would be the same, its just a location change.

You wouldn’t have to pay for park entry to get the snacks.😉

My sister and I thought of this idea a few weeks ago. She was craving a Disneyland corn dog and of course couldn’t get one. We let our APs expire and talked about how we had no plans on renewing, but missed the snacks and food and talked about how we wished we could get the snacks somewhere outside of the park.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You wouldn’t have to pay for park entry to get the snacks.😉

My sister and I thought of this idea a few weeks ago. She was craving a Disneyland corn dog and of course couldn’t get one. We let our APs expire and talked about how we had no plans on renewing, but missed the snacks and food and talked about how we wished we could get the snacks somewhere outside of the park.
I got ya. But if its like the Knott's events it would be a ticketed event at a cheaper price point. So would be worth it in my opinion. Especially since it would 1. allow for entry into the Park which would scratch that Disneyland itch, 2. get the "snacks" like you mention, and 3. allow for shopping at the Main St shops. Basically you'd be getting the whole Disneyland experience minus the attractions. And Disney would be getting a "ton of money" much more than your smaller venue.

Californian Elitist

I got ya. But if its like the Knott's events it would be a ticketed event at a cheaper price point. So would be worth it in my opinion. Especially since it would 1. allow for entry into the Park which would scratch that Disneyland itch, 2. get the "snacks" like you mention, and 3. allow for shopping at the Main St shops. Basically you'd be getting the whole Disneyland experience minus the attractions. And Disney would be getting a "ton of money" much more than your smaller venue.

Wait, what Knott’s events?🤔

George Lucas on a Bench

I suggested months back reopening the gigantic unused parking deck and using that for mobile pickup of food and merchandise, with costumed characters waving to everyone. It would be socially distanced since everyone would be in their cars and they'd actually be using the gigantic unused high capacity garage. They could make it like a "ride" since they won't be reopening Disneyland rides until we're all inoculated with mystery vaccines.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Always follow the money. So one reason could be they feel the cost to staff it and get it up and running is not worth the price or since cast members are unionized they are not able to work out a deal to bring in cast members to work it.

Californian Elitist

Yep, which is why I want Disney to do the same thing if Disneyland can't reopen fully. So the question is why hasn't Disney done this? Or are they just trying to apply pressure in hopes of reopening Disneyland fully? I guess time will tell.

I still want them to build a separate venue outside of the parks. Sometimes I just want a churro lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom