The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Was the random Saturday in December Candlelight? Of course they blocked it out to avoid traffic messes on Main Street.

And yes, with the Flex Pass, Disney gets to decide how many reservation spaces are made available. If Marketing wants a crowded Star Wars Land, then of course, they can make more spaces available...

I don’t remember the exact date but there have been a few Saturdays and Sundays blocked out this past fall and winter. Just seemingly random days other than the fact they are Saturdays during the busiest time of the year at the resort. Still not as noteworthy as the opening weekend of ROTR. So I wonder how much of this is manipulation and if there is the possibility the majority of people are still scared of opening day / weekends and just may be avoiding the park?

Curious Constance

I don’t remember the exact date but there have been a few Saturdays and Sundays blocked out this past fall and winter. Just seemingly random days other than the fact they are Saturdays during the busiest time of the year at the resort. Still not as noteworthy as the opening weekend of ROTR. So I wonder how much of this is manipulation and if there is the possibility the majority of people are still scared of opening day / weekends and just may be avoiding the park?
Do you guys have that pass that allows you a certain number of visits throughput the year as long as the days aren’t blacked out?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Do you guys have that pass that allows you a certain number of visits throughput the year as long as the days aren’t blacked out?

You really have been MIA haven’t you? No it’s the flex AP. Same blackouts as the Signature except you have to reserve high demand days like Weekends and holidays in advance. It’s about half the price of a Signature.

brb1006

If you mean the ride in Chocolate World, it’s still running well and they’ve updated it about once a decade. In 2008, they really made the ride exciting with singing cows and other changes. That was the ride’s peak in my opinion. In 2016, they made some questionable changes*, but it’s still a solid ride. I wish Disney updated their attractions consistently instead of waiting until something becomes dated and then replacing it. Hershey would’ve ran Epcot Center better than Disney ever could’ve.

If you mean tours of the actual original factory, they stopped doing those decades ago, and actually closed and demolished most of the original factory in 2012 and 2013. 😢

*changes include replacing the vehicles with ones that seat 5 people instead of 6, and that have video screens on them that argue with the actual ride for your attention, as well as poor projection mapping replacing convincing physical effects, weird animated video replacing legit-looking video, worse music, etc. The 2016 changes were just misguided. Rant over lol.
For those that never seen Hershey's Chocolate Tour.

Here's the previous version.

Current version.

And an even older version from 1991.

TROR

Probably not that different from Iger, though he may have been more involved in terms of the creative side.
I imagine George's input would've been taken a lot more into account on the films given their friendship. I don't think Galaxy's Edge ever would've been built, but we definitely would've received more Star Wars in Tomorrowland. A Rise of the Resistance style attraction or a permanent X-Wing overlay for Space Mountain, most likely.

Well he was 1/1 with Star Tours.
2/2 if you count Captain EO.

BrianLo

It's so annoying that families are conditioned to go retrieve their table and send someone for food.

Look I get it, kids are equally problematic in lines. But it's so frustrating when you are solo standing around like an idiot with your food tray looking at half occupied tables or people with their stuff strewn out over it.

TROR

It's so annoying that families are conditioned to go retrieve their table and send someone for food.

Look I get it, kids are equally problematic in lines. But it's so frustrating when you are solo standing around like an idiot with your food tray looking at half occupied tables or people with their stuff strewn out over it.
Pretty sure they do it more so to avoid being you. If I’m with a group we grab a table then get food so we don’t stand around looking goofy.

lazyboy97o

One area where Universal Orlando Resort has done a very good job.

mickEblu

Original Poster

So are you proposing that a family of 5 doesn’t try to snag a table in advance and instead take their chances being stuck with 3 food trays and 3 kids on a busy day so the one adult with the one tray has better odds of finding a table (that seats 6 people) quicker?

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

You’d hate me and my family then.

Rich T

Apparently they don’t/didn’t allow this at some Magic Kingdom eateries... and Katiebug101 had the most unmagical day ever. Sam the Manager did nothing. He didn’t even offer vouchers for free dessert... 😃

Rich T

I gotta say... when I’m with my family & we eat at a place like TL Terrace (whatever it’s now called), everyone dumps their bags on a table and goes to buy the food while I guard the spot like I’m Sam the Sheepdog. DL survivalism! 😄

Phroobar

I imagine George's input would've been taken a lot more into account on the films given their friendship. I don't think Galaxy's Edge ever would've been built, but we definitely would've received more Star Wars in Tomorrowland. A Rise of the Resistance style attraction or a permanent X-Wing overlay for Space Mountain, most likely.

2/2 if you count Captain EO.
There are plans and concept art for Lucas Port that would have replaced Tomorrowland. It had an indoor rocket jets and integrated people mover and monorail through buildings. A Star wars story telling coaster was planned along side of Space Mountain. Even the subs got an update.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom