The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Curious Constance

It's so annoying that families are conditioned to go retrieve their table and send someone for food.

Look I get it, kids are equally problematic in lines. But it's so frustrating when you are solo standing around like an idiot with your food tray looking at half occupied tables or people with their stuff strewn out over it.
For a second, I forgot this was the miscellaneous thought thread, and I thought the good doctor finally cracked.

BrianLo

Pretty sure they do it more so to avoid being you. If I’m with a group we grab a table then get food so we don’t stand around looking goofy.

So are you proposing that a family of 5 doesn’t try to snag a table in advance and instead take their chances being stuck with 3 food trays and 3 kids on a busy day so the one adult with the one tray has better odds of finding a table (that seats 6 people) quicker?

You’d hate me and my family then.

Precisely. This is the one unintended disadvantage of going to venues solo. Instant MaxPass lines, single rider, the world is my oyster.

The problem is it is so culturally normative, everyone does it (was actually skiing today), that if you don't do it you standing around like an idiot. If one looks around there are more than enough tables for people actually eating or with their entire group present. But, alas.

I like the venues that at least have alternative sitting options (like high tops or bar stools) that you can at least wedge into. If I snag a table, everyone and anyone is interested in sitting with me. But there is something awkward about adding yourself into a table of five than the reverse.

Maybe my miscellaneous thought is really that the Holidays cramp my style @Curious Constance

Californian Elitist

Precisely. This is the one unintended disadvantage of going to venues solo. Instant MaxPass lines, single rider, the world is my oyster.

The problem is it is so culturally normative, everyone does it (was actually skiing today), that if you don't do it you standing around like an idiot. If one looks around there are more than enough tables for people actually eating or with their entire group present. But, alas.

I like the venues that at least have alternative sitting options (like high tops or bar stools) that you can at least wedge into. If I snag a table, everyone and anyone is interested in sitting with me. But there is something awkward about adding yourself into a table of five than the reverse.

Maybe my miscellaneous thought is really that the Holidays cramp my style @Curious Constance

I don’t find it awkward adding myself to a table of people. Then again, I’m an extrovert and feel comfortable doing things like that, as well as striking up conversations with strangers.

BrianLo

I don’t find it awkward adding myself to a table of people. Then again, I’m an extrovert and feel comfortable doing things like that, as well as striking up conversations with strangers.

Imagine being forced into an intimate space like a dining table with absolute strangers.
[glares at the cantina]

I personally have no problem with it, but I find some Americans (maybe more a Florida thing) struggle with it.

Just look at the gondola thread, you think some people are facing a prison sentence sharing a cabin.

It's more trying to figure out who those people are as one stands around stupidly with a tray. :hilarious:

TROR

I personally have no problem with it, but I find some Americans (maybe more a Florida thing) struggle with it.

Just look at the gondola thread, you think some people are facing a prison sentence sharing a cabin.

It's more trying to figure out who those people are as one stands around stupidly with a tray. :hilarious:
Honestly I complain about the cantina's awkward seating, but my favorite Galaxy's Edge memory happened because of it. While sitting there with my family, some loser AP dressed in dumb Disney merch comes running up and down the cantina on his phone taking a video of the place. The stranger sitting on the other end of the table and I look at each other and scoffed.

Curious Constance

Honestly I complain about the cantina's awkward seating, but my favorite Galaxy's Edge memory happened because of it. While sitting there with my family, some loser AP dressed in dumb Disney merch comes running up and down the cantina on his phone taking a video of the place. The stranger sitting on the other end of the table and I look at each other and scoffed.
A shared stranger scoff, what a rare and elusive treasure!

TROR

Happy New Year.

I feel liberated and my chains lifted. No longer am I a slave to the teens, but now free to enjoy the 2020's in all their glories. Now I am a new man with endless possibilities. I can reform my ways and change everything about me I dislike with an easy start date to look back on and see how far I've come. And yet, I won't do that and instead will continue using a forum to debate trivial changes to a theme park.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Just wana say "HAPPY WE MADE IT AROUND THE SUN AGAIN" Day to each and every one of you! We did it!!! Again!!!!!! I got Betty White on my celeb death pool this year. This is your year Betty.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I like sitting with total strangers in the swinging cabins of Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death. It's fun to watch them freak out during the swinging. The kids usually play games with the barf bags.

Phroobar

Mmmmm. Baby Yoda cake!
yoda-cake.jpg

Darkbeer1

The Oregon Ducks just won the Rosebowl. Anyone know when they have the special parade in Disneyland?

There will be a special Cavalcade at DCA on January 8th featuring Ducks Players.....

Phroobar

There will be a special Cavalcade at DCA on January 8th featuring Ducks Players.....

Will Emilio Estaves be there? Oh wait wrong Ducks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom