The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Don't invoke it's name
21208099-FB2E-4550-9055-95F338D4D0AE.jpeg

Darkbeer1

Working on our summer trip.

Here are the basic plans. After a wonderful City Council Meeting on June 9th.

Drive to LAX on the 10th to catch a non-stop to Cleveland. 23 nights, returning July 3rd,

Visit the Following parks.

Cedar Point (Where we started our Honeymoon 10 years ago)
Kings Island
Idlewild
Kennywood
Hershey Park
Dutch Wonderland
Dorney Park
Knoebles
Sesame Place
SF Great Adventure

and a few other things, including hanging out at PTC (Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters). And even non Theme Park Things.

So far, not to bad on the wallet, using air miles, Rental Car is at $1,000, Hotels are at $2,700. Lots of Food is taken care of from Hotel Breakfasts, Park Meal Plans, etc. Same with admissions.

Looking to being a fun June with my lovely wife....

mickEblu

Original Poster
Not a surprise but I’ll take this as proof that Disney manipulates park capacity/ the ability to make Flex pass reservations as they see fit. How can 1/18 and 1/19 still be available when a random Saturday in early December was booked a month in advance. Looks like they really want the publicity of the big crowds for MLK weekend when ROTR opens.

ADE5B48C-58E4-4FA8-9A3D-D7C03C9DC770.jpeg

Last edited:

waltography

Not a surprise but I’ll take this as proof that Disney manipulates park capacity/ the ability to make Flex pass reservations as they see fit. How can 1/18 and 1/19 still be available when a random Saturday in early December were booked a month in advance. Looks like they really want the publicity of the big crowds for MLK weekend when ROTR opens.

View attachment 437630
I’m going the 19th and am terrified to know soon exactly what I have to do to get a boarding group.

Darkbeer1

Was the random Saturday in December Candlelight? Of course they blocked it out to avoid traffic messes on Main Street.

And yes, with the Flex Pass, Disney gets to decide how many reservation spaces are made available. If Marketing wants a crowded Star Wars Land, then of course, they can make more spaces available...

Curious Constance

Drive to LAX on the 10th to catch a non-stop to Cleveland. 23 nights, returning July 3rd,

Kings Island
Idlewild
Kennywood
Hershey Park
Dutch Wonderland
Dorney Park
Knoebles
Sesame Place
SF Great Adventure

and a few other things, including hanging out at PTC (Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters). And even non Theme Park Things.

So far, not to bad on the wallet, using air miles, Rental Car is at $1,000, Hotels are at $2,700. Lots of Food is taken care of from Hotel Breakfasts, Park Meal Plans, etc. Same with admissions.

I grew up in PA, and a lot of these parks made up our summer family vacations. Particularly fond memories of Hersheypark. Do they still have the factory tour? I’d love to see some pics of that! Hope you guys have a great time!

Rich T

Kings Island
Idlewild
Kennywood
Hershey Park
Dutch Wonderland
Dorney Park
Knoebles
Sesame Place
SF Great Adventure

Oooh, you get to see Cedar Point’s 150th Anniversary Celebration AND Hershey Park’s new entry village and hyper-coaster! I hope you have a fantastic time!!! 😊

No Name

I grew up in PA, and a lot of these parks made up our summer family vacations. Particularly fond memories of Hersheypark. Do they still have the factory tour? I’d love to see some pics of that! Hope you guys have a great time!

If you mean the ride in Chocolate World, it’s still running well and they’ve updated it about once a decade. In 2008, they really made the ride exciting with singing cows and other changes. That was the ride’s peak in my opinion. In 2016, they made some questionable changes*, but it’s still a solid ride. I wish Disney updated their attractions consistently instead of waiting until something becomes dated and then replacing it. Hershey would’ve ran Epcot Center better than Disney ever could’ve.

If you mean tours of the actual original factory, they stopped doing those decades ago, and actually closed and demolished most of the original factory in 2012 and 2013. 😢

*changes include replacing the vehicles with ones that seat 5 people instead of 6, and that have video screens on them that argue with the actual ride for your attention, as well as poor projection mapping replacing convincing physical effects, weird animated video replacing legit-looking video, worse music, etc. The 2016 changes were just misguided. Rant over lol.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Do you mean the ride in Chocolate World? It’s still running well and they’ve updated it about once a decade. In 2008, they really made the ride exciting with singing cows and other changes. That was the ride’s peak in my opinion. In 2016, they made some questionable changes*, but it’s still a solid ride. I wished Disney updated their attractions consistently instead of waiting until something becomes dated and then replacing it. Hershey would’ve ran Epcot Center better than Disney ever could’ve.
Yes, that must be what I’m talking about. In my head, as a kid, it was a factory tour, but I do remember it not having anything from the actual, real factory on the ride. I’d love to take another spin on that ride today! My mom has a pic of me as a baby with a character Krackle bar crying lol I remember that huge gift shop, which must be Chocolate World, with all the candy! 🤤

No Name

Yes, that must be what I’m talking about. In my head, as a kid, it was a factory tour, but I do remember it not having anything from the actual, real factory on the ride. I’d love to take another spin on that ride today! My mom has a pic of me as a baby with a character Krackle bar crying lol I remember that huge gift shop, which must be Chocolate World, with all the candy! 🤤

Yes, I don’t blame you, as a little kid I thought it was part of the actual factory. Good memories!

And they recently expanded the gift shop again 😀

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’m going the 19th and am terrified to know soon exactly what I have to do to get a boarding group.

So from what I understand you need to be in the park about a half hour before it opens to pretty much guarantee getting one. Have you heard different?

waltography

So from what I understand you need to be in the park about a half hour before it opens to pretty much guarantee getting one. Have you heard different?

I’m anticipating the same thing as DHS too, but I’m just worried about AP/SoCal crowds potentially coming in stronger numbers for opening weekend. If it’s going as smoothly as DHS is now though I’ll be relieved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom