The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Phroobar

Anyone notice that their virus scanner is finding suspicious content from one of the ads on this board? Too bad admin doesn't care if you are hacked or not.

chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to iusite.ewart.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one

Mac Tonight

Install Adblocker and browse Micechat to your heart's content. Just realize that Dusty considers you a thief for not looking at his ads.
I think Mick and I are talking about these forums on mobile. 7/11 has a huge ad you must scroll through that is just the worst.

Also as a general rule I tend to avoid Micechat these days. Though their comment sections on their Disneyland Updates posts usually yield some hilarious takes.

Phroobar

I think Mick and I are talking about these forums on mobile. 7/11 has a huge ad you must scroll through that is just the worst.

Also as a general rule I tend to avoid Micechat these days. Though their comment sections on their Disneyland Updates posts usually yield some hilarious takes.
I used Opera when I connect to this site on the phone. I get no ads natively.

Supreme Leader

I got banned from that site for calling a mod a clown. I guess I struck a nerve. Oh well!

SuddenStorm

I got banned from that site for calling a mod a clown. I guess I struck a nerve. Oh well!

The same mod that made an account here during the TP drama and released private information about TP on here he had from his admin privileges on Micechat- abusing his power as a mod and violating ever standard of internet privacy in the book?

The mod that uses documented biased and inconsistent moderation practices and is at least partially responsible for Micechat's significant decline in active users.

Yeah, that mod is a clown.

TROR

I should've gone to the Blues @ Kings game tonight. 3-0 in the first period. What a game! #LetsGoBlues

EDIT: A minute later and it's 4-0! Go Blues!

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Great write up on why Star Tours is better than Smugglers Run on Micechat...

From the same site that tried to convince people the Incredicoaster was a big improvement. Yeah, nice try there.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

I don't have a dog in the Star Wars race, and have ridden Star Tours far more than I have consumed any other Star Wars media (by which I mean I saw New Hope once in 1997 and that is my Star Wars movie experience). But these paragraphs in Emily VanDerWerff's review of the latest film (she didn't care for it), written about the delicate balance of moviemaking, could almost as easily be applied to Disney's attractions and parks today with only a few word changes. It pays special focus, especially, on how seemingly minor decisions end up can undermine the effectiveness of a work as a cohesive experience. (I recommend the full article, which can be found here: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12...kywalker-bad-episode-9-disappointing-problems). Some choice excerpts:

"The best movies are delicate ecosystems. Change one tiny thing here, and it might throw everything out of whack over there. Introduce elements that don’t work organically with everything else, and they become like invasive species, devouring or crowding out everything around them. Getting the ecology of a movie right is really, really tough — and it’s also what often separates a serviceable film from a great one.

Thinking about how easy it is to ruin a movie’s ecology is what made me realize why I hated Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker as much as I did. The film’s ecology is destroyed early on, as it attempts to serve multiple masters — corporate, fan, and otherwise. It lurches from scene to scene without any finesse. It almost feels like a trip through several enclosed Star Wars habitats that offer a quick glimpse at some of your favorite characters and locations, while never finding a way to make those habitats share the same ecosystem. [...]

The well-balanced ecosystem that once existed might be dead, but it doesn’t matter. All of the things you loved are right here, in vague approximations of their original habitats. Isn’t this better?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom