The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

Sounds awesome. I’ll have to take my son there next time Instead of travel town/ Griffith park. I heard they re only open like two Sundays a month or something?

what’s the name of the book?

The '55ers. Its a book that details most of the opening year employees. Really well researched and definitely a must buy. Lots of new Disneyland history in it.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Travel Junkie

Shocker. Anyone remember what the wager I made was for its opening weekend?

This.

Literally no doubt. I'm sure there's some small cult following for the first movie that'll turn up opening weekend, give it a good $20m, then a steep dive to $5m the second weekend.

So you were off by a lot.

Certainly not what Disney wanted though. Joker has legs and it was also up against Zombieland II. IMO this was another example of poor Disney marketing along with poor placement on the movie calendar. Even if the movie is bad, they should be able to get a bigger opening weekend BO if it was marketed correctly.

Phroobar

This.

Certainly not what Disney wanted though. Joker has legs and it was also up against Zombieland II. IMO this was another example of poor Disney marketing along with poor placement on the movie calendar. Even if the movie is bad, they should be able to get a bigger opening weekend BO if it was marketed correctly.
We can only hope that Disney gave the same marketing people Frozen II poor calendar placement.

Rich T

This.

All the marketing in the world cannot turn a movie no one has any interest in into a huge hit. Sometimes peoples' instincts for a stinker really do triumph over a greedy corporation's belief that that public will eat any dish of trash that's marketed to them.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
All the marketing in the world cannot turn a movie no one has any interest in into a huge hit. Sometimes peoples' instincts for a stinker really do triumph over a greedy corporation's belief that that public will eat any dish of trash that's marketed to them.

Agreed although can we even call it instinct anymore with all of the crappy live action remakes they ve made in the last few years?

Phroobar

What did poor, poor Frozen 2 ever do to you? :D What if... just WHAT IF Frozen 2 actually turns out to be an intelligent, entertaining, well-made film?

For me, Frozen 2 isn't even 1/100th as offensive as, say, a CGI Lion King remake.
The odds of that are the same as successfully navigating an asteroid field.
source.gif

mickEblu

Original Poster
The '55ers. Its a book that details most of the opening year employees. Really well researched and definitely a must buy. Lots of new Disneyland history in it.

Sounds great. But I think I need to slow down. A few years ago it seemed like I only came upon a must have Disney item every once in a while. Now it seems like every other week I run into a “must have.” So recently, I had a convo with myself and told Me that I REALLY have to like something to buy it. So far it worked. Any other time and that abominable snowman making Mickey memories figure wouldn’t have stood a chance. And that’s with a $150 gift card in my wallet.

With that said this book looks like a must have so I’m buying it. Haha

smooch

I like the characters. I think, no matter what, this will be a fun romp.

I like Kylo, people say he is an emo Darth Vader but he has actually had an interesting arc so far, killing Han and then sparing Leia, trying to do what he thinks is right and not necessarily committing to Jedi or Sith. Rey has not been an enjoyable character for me and anytime I say it people scream it's cause she's a girl and I'm sexist but she is literally a Mary Sue and it hurts. She beat Kylo the first time she picked up a lightsaber, she didn't even get force training from Luke she just left the island without even an ounce of training and was then able to use the force perfectly. I wish she went through more struggles on screen aside from dealing with her unknown parent situation but it's too late for that now. That all said, the line in the trailer of 3PO saying he was looking at his friends for one last time with his wires exposed has me scared they are going to kill him off, can't we please have a happy ending and not lose any of them in the last episode of the saga. Also yes it should hopefully be fun, it looks promising and with JJ back I have high hopes. Rian Johnson is a good director, just not for Star Wars.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I like the characters. I think, no matter what, this will be a fun romp.

It’ll probably be my favorite Of the trilogy for the sheer fact that this episode ties everything together... and the trailer looks good. It will probably be ....

1. Episode 9
2. Episode 7
3 Episode 8

Although I can totally see Episode 7 still being the best because... Han.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom