The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
For everyone interested in Gus’s Fried Chicken (especially @mickEblu 😉), here is some of their food!

View attachment 358881

Finally tried Gus’s last night! It was delicious!! My sister scared me when we got there and said “it’s hot chicken.” Which it is not. It’s just classic fried chicken with a kick. My only complaint is that it could have came out a little hotter but we were a large party and they waited for all our food to be ready fo serve us. Next time I’ll tell them to bring food out as it’s ready or go with a smaller party.

I had the half chicken with beans and coleslaw. All the sides were great but the Mac n cheese could have been hotter too. Surprisingly (for a dark meat guy) the breast was my favorite piece of chicken. That bad boy really locked in the heat and it was super moist yet crispy on the outside. We also tried the fried okra, fried green tomatoes and fried pickles. We enjoyed them all except the latter. I just don’t think I’m a fried pickle person especially when they re thick spears instead of slices.

Pecan pie was delicious!

Thanks for the recommendation!

SuddenStorm

Scrims removed on Opera House...

Darkbeer1

He’s thirsty for justice.

A Bronx man is suing NBC Universal after he paid for an “unlimited refill” soda machine deal at one of the company’s theme parks — only to discover he had to wait a whole 10 minutes between each pour.

Luis Arnaud is bubbling with anger over the “false advertising” — saying he learned while trying to “quench his thirst” that the refills were in fact “limited” to a measly “total of only six per hour,” according to the class-action lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court Thursday.

Arnaud says he visited Universal’s Island of Adventure in Orlando, Fla., on July 30 and bought a 16-ounce “Coca-Cola Freestyle” cup — which purported to come with “unlimited” refills all day — for $16.99.

The next day, he reactivated the cup at Universal’s sister theme park Volcano Bay for $8.99, the suit says.

The cups come with a computer chip to show you’ve paid for the bottomless deal — but Arnaud learned they were also tracking how often users top up, and are “programmed” to limit refills to every 10 minutes.

When he tried to “quench his thirst and refill his cup again” before that period was up, the machine flashed a message rejecting his request, the suit says.

“Hi. You are not quite ready to fill up,” it proclaimed — along with the number of minutes he had to wait — according to photos of the failed attempt in his suit.

His suit also includes ads for the “freestyle” deal at the park, which promotes “unlimited” refills with “100+ drink choices” — but doesn’t appear to mention the limits.

The move is a “deceptive” and “unconscionable trade and business practice,” the suit charges.

“He would not have been willing to pay the sum he paid had he known that the Products did not provide unlimited refills and were mislabeled and falsely advertised,” the suit reads.

“Defendant delivered Products with significantly less value than was affirmed by their representations, thereby depriving him of the benefit of his bargain and injuring him in an amount up to the purchase price.”

Arnaud is seeking unspecified damages.

NBC Universal didn’t return a request for comment Thursday.

Arnaud could not be reached for comment.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

He’s thirsty for justice.

A Bronx man is suing NBC Universal after he paid for an “unlimited refill” soda machine deal at one of the company’s theme parks — only to discover he had to wait a whole 10 minutes between each pour.

Luis Arnaud is bubbling with anger over the “false advertising” — saying he learned while trying to “quench his thirst” that the refills were in fact “limited” to a measly “total of only six per hour,” according to the class-action lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court Thursday.

Arnaud says he visited Universal’s Island of Adventure in Orlando, Fla., on July 30 and bought a 16-ounce “Coca-Cola Freestyle” cup — which purported to come with “unlimited” refills all day — for $16.99.

The next day, he reactivated the cup at Universal’s sister theme park Volcano Bay for $8.99, the suit says.

The cups come with a computer chip to show you’ve paid for the bottomless deal — but Arnaud learned they were also tracking how often users top up, and are “programmed” to limit refills to every 10 minutes.

When he tried to “quench his thirst and refill his cup again” before that period was up, the machine flashed a message rejecting his request, the suit says.

“Hi. You are not quite ready to fill up,” it proclaimed — along with the number of minutes he had to wait — according to photos of the failed attempt in his suit.

His suit also includes ads for the “freestyle” deal at the park, which promotes “unlimited” refills with “100+ drink choices” — but doesn’t appear to mention the limits.

The move is a “deceptive” and “unconscionable trade and business practice,” the suit charges.

“He would not have been willing to pay the sum he paid had he known that the Products did not provide unlimited refills and were mislabeled and falsely advertised,” the suit reads.

“Defendant delivered Products with significantly less value than was affirmed by their representations, thereby depriving him of the benefit of his bargain and injuring him in an amount up to the purchase price.”

Arnaud is seeking unspecified damages.

NBC Universal didn’t return a request for comment Thursday.

Arnaud could not be reached for comment.
I don't get to say this a lot but- I'm smarter than that guy.

NateD1226

Finally tried Gus’s last night! It was delicious!! My sister scared me when we got there and said “it’s hot chicken.” Which it is not. It’s just classic fried chicken with a kick. My only complaint is that it could have came out a little hotter but we were a large party and they waited for all our food to be ready fo serve us. Next time I’ll tell them to bring food out as it’s ready or go with a smaller party.

I had the half chicken with beans and coleslaw. All the sides were great but the Mac n cheese could have been hotter too. Surprisingly (for a dark meat guy) the breast was my favorite piece of chicken. That bad boy really locked in the heat and it was super moist yet crispy on the outside. We also tried the fried okra, fried green tomatoes and fried pickles. We enjoyed them all except the latter. I just don’t think I’m a fried pickle person especially when they re thick spears instead of slices.

Pecan pie was delicious!

Thanks for the recommendation!
Thats awesome! I am so glad you liked it!

TROR

SuddenStorm

If anyone here has the opportunity, Walt Disney's Carolwood Barn is a must. Went today, and it was a great experience. Lots of vintage Disneyland and Walt Disney history.

To start, there's the wonderful Nature's Wonderland model.

There's also an original car from the DLRR (retired in the '60s)

There's all sorts of little bits of Disney history in the barn... pictures, books, and literal pieces of Disneyland. Here's a model from Storybookland, 1956-

Here's a few more photos-

They also had Walt Disney's shave mirror- and interesting piece of history.

Well worth the trip. David Koenig was there today signing and selling his new book (which is a must buy for any Disneyland book collector). The gift shop had all sorts of Disney/Disneyland book as well as cool pins and coins. There's also a 12 minute train ride you can do for $3/person.

Lots of nods to Ollie Johnston and Ward Kimball around the property as well. Swinging by the park later to catch a ride on the DLRR and BTMRR to cap off the day.

mickEblu

Original Poster
If anyone here has the opportunity, Walt Disney's Carolwood Barn is a must. Went today, and it was a great experience. Lots of vintage Disneyland and Walt Disney history.

View attachment 419335

View attachment 419340

View attachment 419336

There's all sorts of little bits of Disney history in the barn... pictures, books, and literal pieces of Disneyland. Here's a model from Storybookland, 1956-

View attachment 419339

View attachment 419347

View attachment 419350

Well worth the trip. David Koenig was there today signing and selling his new book (which is a must buy for any Disneyland book collector). The gift shop had all sorts of Disney/Disneyland book as well as cool pins and coins. There's also a 12 minute train ride you can do for $3/person.

Lots of nods to Ollie Johnston and Ward Kimball around the property as well. Swinging by the park later to catch a ride on the DLRR and BTMRR to cap off the day.

Sounds awesome. I’ll have to take my son there next time Instead of travel town/ Griffith park. I heard they re only open like two Sundays a month or something?

what’s the name of the book?

Californian Elitist

View attachment 419335

View attachment 419340

View attachment 419336

View attachment 419339

View attachment 419347

View attachment 419350

I have a friend who volunteers his time there at least once or twice a month. He loves it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom