The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

TROR

Sheesh. Tough crowd.

c16de91f978bae987768072c940a197c.gif
I like the ideas of what they say, but then Joe Rohde goes on some tangent about doorknobs needing rust. It's clear current WDI doesn't share the same practical beliefs as Walt.

Mac Tonight

I like the ideas of what they say, but then Joe Rohde goes on some tangent about doorknobs needing rust. It's clear current WDI doesn't share the same practical beliefs as Walt.
Fair enough. I'm not even saying I trust WDI as a whole right now with their recent track record.
But, I just thought there was some good bits of knowledge there (akin to questions we always ask about theme, capacity, etc) that some might find interesting.

But if one is just gonna make a snap judgement after watching the intro, then that's what I find sad.

Also, it is geared towards students, so it's expected there will be a certain level of "younger" feel to it.

TROR

Fair enough. I'm not even saying I trust WDI as a whole right now with their recent track record.
But, I just thought there was some good bits of knowledge there (akin to questions we always ask about theme, capacity, etc) that some might find interesting.

But if one is just gonna make a snap judgement after watching the intro, then that's what I find sad.
I watched the first lesson. Comments like how "if the theme is adventure, you need to have winding and confusing pathways to make the land reflect that," show how out of touch these people are. No, you don't have winding and confusing pathways to simulate "adventure," you have a pleasant experience for the guests so they're not lost and frustrated trying to find the E-Ticket.

Mac Tonight

I watched the first lesson. Comments like how "if the theme is adventure, you need to have winding and confusing pathways to make the land reflect that," show how out of touch these people are. No, you don't have winding and confusing pathways to simulate "adventure," you have a pleasant experience for the guests so they're not lost and frustrated trying to find the E-Ticket.
But trying to find the E-Ticket IS the adventure!!! :)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wait...I don't think he had a permit when built that stadium! "Follows all regulations" my @ss!! He is a hack fraud!! I didn't see one wheel chair ramp into that cornfield stadium either!!!
It was the 80s after all, permitting wasn't required for his own land at the time (today that would require 100 different permits). Also I don't know why you'd need a wheelchair ramp on flat land with no inclines, but what do I know....

Suspirian

Random but would yall consider to be an experimental/avant-garde theme park attraction? I know a lot of you consider themed entertainment to be an art for so I'm curious.

TROR

Random but would yall consider to be an experimental/avant-garde theme park attraction? I know a lot of you consider themed entertainment to be an art for so I'm curious.
Personally I wouldn't want to be an experimental theme park attraction myself, but if they paid me enough I would do it. What would it entail, exactly? Piggyback rides through a track layout?

Suspirian

Personally I wouldn't want to be an experimental theme park attraction myself, but if they paid me enough I would do it. What would it entail, exactly? Piggyback rides through a track layout?

I honestly don't even know myself, just a fun lil experiment. I did see that Cirque Du Soleil is making a park which is...interesting.

ParkPeeker

I disagree. Disney practically made the art form of theme park, so those examples are normal. Avant garde theme park is original DCA, paradise pier. Or this

Or, a theme park that is themed to be a parking lot with a tram/shuttle ride.

TROR

Banksy's Dismayland but not for pseudo-intellectuals. I suppose any piece of experimental "art" is really for pseudo-intellectuals at its core, though.

ParkPeeker

Avant garde theme park ride. You are involved in the making of ride's theme. You ride a vehicle that moves across a blank walls and objects. The vehicle has paint buckets everywhere. You get to splash the paint everywhere

Suspirian

Banksy's Dismayland but not for pseudo-intellectuals. I suppose any piece of experimental "art" is really for pseudo-intellectuals at its core, though.

I'd agree with half of this. I think Banksy's work is shallow and doesn't really say much? It doesn't go much deeper than "society bad" but I don't think anything experimental is for pseudo-intellectuals. "Art speak" does get a bit annoying though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom