The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

VJ

So I changed my mind. I edited my knee-jerk reaction post and took out the part about “leaving” cause it was dumb... but for real though... sometimes these arguments are draining...

Ok, as you were.
i respect you for thinking it over once you felt more level-headed, honestly

gerarar

Premium Member
I didn't know where else to post this, but it was kinda cool to see DL's Fantasmic finally have this alternate finale where the lift on top of the cabin can't be of use, so sorcerer Mickey just stays at the bottom..

Besides that, different pyro is used (launches that go straight up?), also much much less pyro is used compared to the normal finale. This seems like it happened yesterday based on the upload date plus another full length video I found..

socalifornian

TROR

Hong Kong Protestors Call for Disney Boycott After 'Mulan' Star Voices Support for Police Crackdown
Disgusting to defend Communist China's police state. Far too many Americans are too ignorant to understand how evil China's government is. If you look at Hong Kong protests hashtags on Twitter, all you see are people criticizing Hong Kong's citizens for protesting and ignoring the fact what they're protesting are the murderers and thieves in power.

Travel Junkie

Disgusting to defend Communist China's police state. Far too many Americans are too ignorant to understand how evil China's government is. If you look at Hong Kong protests hashtags on Twitter, all you see are people criticizing Hong Kong's citizens for protesting and ignoring the fact what they're protesting are the murderers and thieves in power.

Just curious if you know what specifically they are currently protesting. It's not as simple as you lay it out.

And before you try and jump all over me, I agree with the protestors. However, it is not black and white.

TROR

Just curious if you know what specifically they are currently protesting. It's not as simple as you lay it out.

And before you try and jump all over me, I agree with the protestors. However, it is not black and white.
The protests center around a bill that would’ve allowed China to hold court sessions for Hong Kong citizens, undermining Hong Kong’s autonomy as its own, separate government within China. Ultimately it’s a fight to preserve democracy and independence in Hong Kong and not be overtaken by the oppressive Chinese government.

Travel Junkie

The protests center around a bill that would’ve allowed China to hold court sessions for Hong Kong citizens, undermining Hong Kong’s autonomy as its own, separate government within China. Ultimately it’s a fight to preserve democracy and independence in Hong Kong and not be overtaken by the oppressive Chinese government.

The bill was designed to close a loophole. A Hong Kong man allegedly killed his pregnant girlfriend in Taiwan and then fled to Hong Kong. He can't be extradited to Taiwan to face charges so he may have gotten away with murder of two people. The law closes the loophole.

The protests center around how the closed loophole could be exploited. As the law is written, it it gives the head of state in Hong Kong the power to make these decisions on whether someone can be extradited. The worry is that mainland China will pressure the head of state to hand over people that should not be. It's much more complex than you say. You could easily say this new law prevents people avoiding prosecution of various crimes including murder. This is not the first time it has occurred either.

But we should take this over to the political forum to discuss further. I just wanted to point out that you put things in way too simplistic terms.

lazyboy97o

The bill was designed to close a loophole. A Hong Kong man allegedly killed his pregnant girlfriend in Taiwan and then fled to Hong Kong. He can't be extradited to Taiwan to face charges so he may have gotten away with murder of two people. The law closes the loophole.

The protests center around how the closed loophole could be exploited. As the law is written, it it gives the head of state in Hong Kong the power to make these decisions on whether someone can be extradited. The worry is that mainland China will pressure the head of state to hand over people that should not be. It's much more complex than you say. You could easily say this new law prevents people avoiding prosecution of various crimes including murder. This is not the first time it has occurred either.

But we should take this over to the political forum to discuss further. I just wanted to point out that you put things in way too simplistic terms.
The lack of an extradition agreement is not a loophole and not something unusual. What is highly unusual is agreeing to extradite persons charged with a crime outside the requesting jurisdiction.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom