The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You don’t know that. You obviously don’t think or really care about the ADA laws or what is and is not possible because of them.

Many posters here have tried to tell you the same thing, many times. So obviously this is something that you should really consider as being an item that was just not possible within current laws.

I get it’s just the one SW thing that you’ve always wanted, but the real world can’t always fulfill every SW fantasy out there. Sorry.
You have flawed logic. Look at the queue for Indiana Jones. Them ADA folks dont get to travel through all of that amazing queue. No they go through the exit, the elevators. But they have the same ride experience. Different way of entering the attraction. I don't wana hear your excuse of "but, but it's a grandfathered attraction!" Bull! They knew the ADA LAWS back then 20 years ago. So my point that STILL STANDS is that it does not matter if they don't have the same experience walking into attraction, they get the same ride experience regardless. And how dare you assume I don't care about people effected by ADA or ADA LAWS. You do not know who I have in my personal life that are handicapped or the donations to charaities I have made over the years. So stop assuming you know how I feel towards my fellow man. You don't. You don't.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You have flawed logic. Look at the queue for Indiana Jones. Them ADA folks dont get to travel through all of that amazing queue. No they go through the exit, the elevators. But they have the same ride experience. Different way of entering the attraction. I don't wana hear your excuse of "but, but it's a grandfathered attraction!" Bull! They knew the ADA LAWS back then 20 years ago. So my point that STILL STANDS it does not matter if they don't have the same experience walking into attraction, they get the same ride experience regardless. And how dare you assume I don't care about people effected by ADA or ADA LAWS. You do not know who I have in my personal life that are handicapped or the donations to charaities I have made over the years. So stop assuming you know how I feel towards my fellow man. You don't. You don't.

Here is your flaw with your example. The queue for IJA isn't the advertised experience. Sure its detailed and nice and such, but the advertised experience is jeep adventure that you go on trying to avoid Mara. They don't say hey come visit DL and see the Indiana Jones detailed queue.

However with the MF if the ramp was accessible you can bet your bottom dollar they would advertise the cr*p out of it. It'd be come to DL and walk up the ramp of the iconic fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy and then take it out for a flight as you go on a mission for Hondo.

That is the difference.

Also I never said you don't care about people affected by ADA, I said you don't care about the laws themselves and how a lot in our little world here is affected by them. Most people don't. Its not a slight, its normal for most not to care about laws that don't affect them directly.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Here is your flaw with your example. The queue for IJA isn't the advertised experience. Sure its detailed and nice and such, but the advertised experience is jeep adventure that you go on trying to avoid Mara. They don't say hey come visit DL and see the Indiana Jones detailed queue.

However with the MF if the ramp was accessible you can bet your bottom dollar they would advertise the cr*p out of it. It'd be come to DL and walk up the ramp of the iconic fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy and then take it out for a flight as you go on a mission for Hondo.

That is the difference.

Also I never said you don't care about people affected by ADA, I said you don't care about the laws themselves and how a lot in our little world here is affected by them. Most people don't. Its not a slight, its normal for most not to care about laws that don't affect them directly.
Again I really, really, take a hard exception to your assumption that I don't care about the laws. Again you have no idea who is in my life and how those laws effect them. Watch your mouth and drop that line of thought please? I am asking respectfully because you are wrong. With that said I am going to disagree with you that queue for Indiana Jones Adventure is not part of the advertised attraction. When the ride 1st opened they showed off the queue in sooooo many tv specials. They went out of their way to make the queue interactive to help with the experience. They handed out decoder cards by AT&T so you could decipher the hyroglifics in the queue. Part of the immersion is to make you believe you have walked into an ancient temple in the middle of the amazon. The queue is very much advertised as part of the experience on top of the jeep adventure in the show building and I stand by my example of what works for Indy can work for the Falcon my good sir.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Again I really, really, take a hard exception to your assumption that I don't care about the laws. Again you have no idea who is in my life and how those laws effect them. Watch your mouth and drop that line of thought please? I am asking respectfully because you are wrong. With that said I am going to disagree with you that queue for Indiana Jones Adventure is not part of the advertised attraction. When the ride 1st opened they showed off the queue in sooooo many tv specials. They went out of their way to make the queue interactive to help with the experience. They handed out decoder cards by AT&T so you could decipher the hyroglifics in the queue. Part of the immersion is to make you believe you have walked into an ancient temple in the middle of the amazon. The queue is very much advertised as part of the experience on top of the jeep adventure in the show building and I stand by my example of what works for Indy can work for the Falcon my good sir.
Well I respectfully disagree. Also the ADA laws have changed from what they were in 1995 when IJA opened. Like I mentioned before I'm not specifically a legal expert on ADA laws. But given that I've seen entire towns change their sidewalks at great expense to make them ADA compliant its not hard to see a ramp at a silly theme park would be required to be ADA compliant as well. Especially since a ramp has specific ADA requirements as I understand it.

Also I will apologize, but the way you are adamant that those with disabilities should have a lesser experience (not going up the ramp would be a lesser experience if everyone else can) makes it seem like you don't care about the ADA laws. And a lot of us have tried to explain that to you. A lot of us here take this topic personally because we are affected either directly or have direct family that have disabilities.

And with that I believe we have come to the end of this discourse. Good day sir.

truecoat

So you're suggestion creating a whole another MF life size model with an ADA compliant ramp? I think that would be waste of land. Or are you talking about creating just the "ramp" somewhere else, I don't think that would fly due to not being the same experience. But whatever.

The ADA "cockpit" works because they are going through the already ADA compliant regular queue, not being excluded from any other experience. So again getting the SAME experience.

1 foot of ramp for every inch of rise. The top of that ramp is roughly 4 feet. You'd need a ramp 48 feet long to be compliant and good luck with that working.

Here's a good example of one not even close to the Falcon in height.

ramp.jpg

Oh, I forgot about the need for railings too.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Well I respectfully disagree. Also the ADA laws have changed from what they were in 1995 when IJA opened. Like I mentioned before I'm not specifically a legal expert on ADA laws. But given that I've seen entire towns change their sidewalks at great expense to make them ADA compliant its not hard to see a ramp at a silly theme park would be required to be ADA compliant as well. Especially since a ramp has specific ADA requirements as I understand it.

Also I will apologize, but the way you are adamant that those with disabilities should have a lesser experience (not going up the ramp would be a lesser experience if everyone else can) makes it seem like you don't care about the ADA laws. And a lot of us have tried to explain that to you. A lot of us here take this topic personally because we are affected either directly or have direct family that have disabilities.

And with that I believe we have come to the end of this discourse. Good day sir.
And I disagree they would have a lesser experience.

TROR

... a guy who doesn’t feel like posting in circles, repeating the same talking points every single day, all day.

Don’t worry. I’m still gonna lurk. I’m sure we’ll have plenty of new things to talk about after the Expo. Should be a hoot!
A hoot? As in Hoot Gibson, the owl from Western River Expedition? You think they'll announce Western River Expedition for Disneyland?

This just in: Insiders report Western River Expedition to come to Disneyland after the failure of Galaxy's Edge.

Mac Tonight

A hoot? As in Hoot Gibson, the owl from Western River Expedition? You think they'll announce Western River Expedition for Disneyland?

This just in: Insiders report Western River Expedition to come to Disneyland after the failure of Galaxy's Edge.
Dangit! I gotta make my hints more subtle...

lazyboy97o

You have flawed logic. Look at the queue for Indiana Jones. Them ADA folks dont get to travel through all of that amazing queue. No they go through the exit, the elevators. But they have the same ride experience. Different way of entering the attraction. I don't wana hear your excuse of "but, but it's a grandfathered attraction!" Bull! They knew the ADA LAWS back then 20 years ago. So my point that STILL STANDS is that it does not matter if they don't have the same experience walking into attraction, they get the same ride experience regardless. And how dare you assume I don't care about people effected by ADA or ADA LAWS. You do not know who I have in my personal life that are handicapped or the donations to charaities I have made over the years. So stop assuming you know how I feel towards my fellow man. You don't. You don't.
You’re hurdle is not just accessibility requirements. Section 1012.2 of both the California Building Standards Code and the Florida Building Code - Building limit the slope of a ramp along a means of egress to 1:12, the same maximum slope of an accessible ramp. In an Assembly occupancy, it’s going to be near impossible for your main entrance to not be a means of egress. If you were able to not have the ramp function as a means of egress, 1012.2 limits all other pedestrians ramps to a maximum slope of 1:8. And to put a final nail in the coffin, 1012.4 limits the maximum rise of all ramp runs to 30”.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You’re hurdle is not just accessibility requirements. Section 1012.2 of both the California Building Standards Code and the Florida Building Code - Building limit the slope of a ramp along a means of egress to 1:12, the same maximum slope of an accessible ramp. In an Assembly occupancy, it’s going to be near impossible for your main entrance to not be a means of egress. If you were able to not have the ramp function as a means of egress, 1012.2 limits all other pedestrians ramps to a maximum slope of 1:8. And to put a final nail in the coffin, 1012.4 limits the maximum rise of all ramp runs to 30”.
That is not that big of a hurdle. we can make it work it is 2019.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom