The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

TROR

Check out his hat.

Rich T

MLB.tv is the only streaming service I use but that's mostly because I get it free with T-mobile. Streaming services really just aren't worth the money, especially if you have more than one. Who needs Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO, CBS All Access, etc.? At that point you may as well just have cable.
Everybody has different viewing needs, but I am a HAPPY CORD CUTTER!!!! Hulu, MLB, and Acorn are all I need, especially combined with "free" Amazon Prime and all the good travel vlogs on Youtube. I canceled Netflix after I was done with the Stranger Things 3.

I don't like paying a lot for a gazillion channels I'll never watch on cable or satellite. My tastes are pretty specific, so streaming is as close as I can get to really only paying for what I actually want to watch. If you've got your TV service bundled with your internet and phone so that it works out as a good deal, then, yeah, I can see putting up with the cable box and the million-button remotes. Otherwise, streaming's the way to go for me.

John park hopper

The Shrimp and Grits at Cafe Orleans is delicious. Easily the best value at the park when you consider ambiance, table service, generous portions and price.
Not Disney related
I worked one summer on a shrimp boat (SC) and the captain of the boat had me cook breakfast and he cooked dinner. I cooked shrimp and grits and gave it to him in the wheel house and the next thing I saw the plate of shrimp and grits go flying past the cabin window. He came stomping back to the cabin and said "yankee let me show you how to cook grits --you have to let them pop in the pot" had no idea what he was talking about. What he meant was they had to just bubble in the pot for about an hour until soft. Nowhere near what the package directions said to do. From that day on this transplanted yankee to SC learned how to cook grits -never had a problem with the captain again he ate my shrimp and grits which he referred to as bugs and swamp seed. Recently passed away at 93 became good friends.

Phroobar

Not Disney related
I worked one summer on a shrimp boat (SC) and the captain of the boat had me cook breakfast and he cooked dinner. I cooked shrimp and grits and gave it to him in the wheel house and the next thing I saw the plate of shrimp and grits go flying past the cabin window. He came stomping back to the cabin and said "yankee let me show you how to cook grits --you have to let them pop in the pot" had no idea what he was talking about. What he meant was they had to just bubble in the pot for about an hour until soft. Nowhere near what the package directions said to do. From that day on this transplanted yankee to SC learned how to cook grits -never had a problem with the captain again he ate my shrimp and grits which he referred to as bugs and swamp seed. Recently passed away at 93 became good friends.
Was there a guy on the boat that kept talking about a box of chocolates?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Saw MSEP yesterday and it was just as charming as ever. I realized yesterday that for me the entire parade is really just the intro through the end of Alice and to a lesser extent the end of the parade. That segment has so much energy. It slows down with Cinderella (minus the step sisters). Peter Pan brings it back up a little briefly. Not a huge fan of the Pinocchio and Snow White segments in their current form. I love Elliot and the bi centennial celebration at the end. In short I would be equally happy with an MSEP that only included the beginning and end.

Last edited:

Rich T

Saw MSEP yesterday and it was just as charming as ever. I realized yesterday that for me the entire parade is really just the intro through the end of Alice and to a lesser extent the end of the parade. That segment has so much energy. It slows down with Cinderella (minus the step sisters). Peter Pan brings it back up a little briefly. Not a huge fan of the Pinocchio and Snow White segments in their current form. I love Elliot and the bi centennial celebration at the end. In short I would be equally happy with an MSEP that only included the beginning and end.
The best part is the intro leading up to the very first loop of the main theme. And then the closing. That's where all the emotion comes from.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The best part is the intro leading up to the very first loop of the main theme. And then the closing. That's where all the emotion comes from.

Yup. Into. Entire Alice segment and roaming Bugs. Then Pete’s Dragon through closing.

Rich T

Yup. Into. Entire Alice segment and roaming Bugs. Then Pete’s Dragon through closing.
I could even cut out the Alice segment and the Dragon. Just "Ladies and Gentlemen..." to the start of the Baroque Hoedown. Then the final "Main Street Electrical Parade!" and the closing fanfare. I don't need the actual parade part at all. :D

TROR

Keep dreaming....

No way its GE related.... Plus there is still that issue of ADA compliance that can't be solved for your ramp....
It's happening!

Anyway, I said my predictions before. It's one of these three things with an emphasis on the last one.
Bob Iger calls Mickey Mouse on stage and executes him
They're resurrecting Walt Disney
If I had to bet, it's some charity/community project thing.

The only real interesting thing about this announcement is that it's before D23 really begins which makes me think it's something that will be featured throughout the convention. Something like "welcome to the family, Fox!" or "Here at D23 this year, we'll have little photo op booths along the convention floor!" Meaningless stuff that no one should get excited for.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's happening!
If it happens it'll be a Parks Blog announcement in March.

Anyway, I said my predictions before. It's one of these three things with an emphasis on the last one.

The only real interesting thing about this announcement is that it's before D23 really begins which makes me think it's something that will be featured throughout the convention. Something like "welcome to the family, Fox!" or "Here at D23 this year, we'll have little photo op booths along the convention floor!" Meaningless stuff that no one should get excited for.
They wouldn't need an hour presentation for any of those, well except maybe a charity/community project thing.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Keep dreaming....

No way its GE related.... Plus there is still that issue of ADA compliance that can't be solved for your ramp....
Sure it can. The people who can walk up the ramp, get to walk up the ramp to enter, those who cant use a similar "docking jet way" simlar to what they have now as an alternate way to enter. or they can take the elevator shaft lando used in empire to be lowered into the falcon for all i care, but that is how you can get around that. and even have the alternate entrance for them lead them directly to the ADA pods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom