The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sure it can. The people who can walk up the ramp, get to walk up the ramp to enter, those who cant use a similar "docking jet way" simlar to what they have now as an alternate way to enter. or they can take the elevator shaft lando used in empire to be lowered into the falcon for all i care, but that is how you can get around that. and even have the alternate entrance for them lead them directly to the ADA pods.
But that is not providing them with the same experience. Your plan is to exclude them from going up the same ramp, which is against what ADA is all about. Which again is why it wouldn’t work and why no MF ramp will ever be part of the experience.

TROR

It’s grandfathered in so it doesn’t have to have an ADA experience.

But look at the Castle walk-thru, they have an ADA room that provides you the same diorama experience.
Let's play around a bit. If the Falcon was a walkthrough, and it did include a walk up ramp, and the ramp wasn't ADA accessible, so long as the Falcon itself is, does it matter that the ramp isn't? Could there be an elevator on the bottom of the hull that allows access for those in wheelchairs?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Let's play around a bit. If the Falcon was a walkthrough, and it did include a walk up ramp, and the ramp wasn't ADA accessible, so long as the Falcon itself is, does it matter that the ramp isn't? Could there be an elevator on the bottom of the hull that allows access for those in wheelchairs?
I'm not a legal expert on this topic, but my understanding is you have to provide the same experience for those with disabilities, meaning you cannot exclude. So if part of the core advertised experience is going up the MF ramp (which we all know it would be) then you have to provide an ADA way to do it. Which is why any ramp would need to be ADA compliant, meaning a long ramp and would break the illusion of going up the ramp from the movies.

BTW, we've discussed this topic too many times in this forum and provided reasons why it wouldn't work in ALL the GE threads. But some posters just refuse to accept that you cannot exclude a large portion of the guests just because he wants to walk up the ramp.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

But that is not providing them with the same experience. Your plan is to exclude them from going up the same ramp, which is against what ADA is all about. Which again is why it wouldn’t work and why no MF ramp will ever be part of the experience.
They get the same experience by going to the same chess room and ride in the ADA pods. They get an enterance similar to what is there now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They get the same experience by going to the same chess room and ride in the ADA pods. They get an enterance similar to what is there now.
No they aren't getting the same experience, it would be advertised that guests get to go up the ramp to the MF. Once again you are excluding a protected class of the population from having the same advertised experience, you can't do that. Also a ramp is already an ADA alternative to stairs, so its ludicrous to say that they couldn't experience the ramp because its a ramp that's too steep. That would be the quickest lawsuit ever....

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

No they aren't getting the same experience, it would be advertised that guests get to go up the ramp to the MF. Once again you are excluding a protected class of the population from having the same advertised experience, you can't do that. Also a ramp is already an ADA alternative to stairs, so its ludicrous to say that they couldn't experience the ramp because its a ramp that's too steep. That would be the quickest lawsuit ever....
Then as I suggested before, threy go up a different ADA retro fit version of the ramp while everyone goes up the ramp. That is no different than how it is now where everyone else goes to the regular pitt and they go to the ADA cokcpitt. Same cockpitt just ADA compliant.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Star Wars land was a mistake.

One positive thing Star Wars Land did for me that I didn’t foresee was it made me appreciate Disneyland proper even more.

I spent a solid couple hours in NOS on Sunday night having an early dinner at Cafe Orleans. Didn’t even mind the 45 minute wait as a walk in. SITTING on that bench in the SHADE facing Cafe Orleans under all the TREES with the jazz MUSIC playing behind me at the French Market and feeling all the KINETIC ENERGY from the boats on the WATER was super PLEASANT. There is more stimulation on that bench in NOS then the entirety of SWL.

The food was pretty good too.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Then as I suggested before, threy go up a different ADA retro fit version of the ramp while everyone goes up the ramp. That is no different than how it is now where everyone else goes to the regular **** pitt and they go to the ADA cokcpitt. Same cockpitt just ADA compliant.
So you're suggestion creating a whole another MF life size model with an ADA compliant ramp? I think that would be waste of land. Or are you talking about creating just the "ramp" somewhere else, I don't think that would fly due to not being the same experience. But whatever.

The ADA "cockpit" works because they are going through the already ADA compliant regular queue, not being excluded from any other experience. So again getting the SAME experience.

TROR

So you're suggestion creating a whole another MF life size model with an ADA compliant ramp? I think that would be waste of land. Or are you talking about creating a just the "ramp" somewhere else, I don't think that would fly due to not being the same experience. But whatever.

The ADA "cockpit" works because they are going through the already ADA compliant regular queue, not being excluded from any other experience. So again getting the SAME experience.
The ADA experience for the Submarine Voyage is sitting in a room with a monitor. By definition, people who are disabled are not able to experience the same experiences as people who are able.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The ADA experience for the Submarine Voyage is sitting in a room with a monitor. By definition, people who are disabled are not able to experience the same experiences as people who are able.
Yes but they are getting the same view as someone in the Subs, just on a monitor. So the experience is actually the same, they aren't missing out on the experience. Its a compromise for a grandfathered attraction. If the Subs were built today they would have to provide an ADA complaint Sub.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So you're suggestion creating a whole another MF life size model with an ADA compliant ramp? I think that would be waste of land. Or are you talking about creating just the "ramp" somewhere else, I don't think that would fly due to not being the same experience. But whatever.

The point is it can be done and should have been done. Imagineering could have found a way to do better and make it work.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The point is it can be done and should have been done. Imagineering could have found a way to do better and make it work.
You don’t know that. You obviously don’t think or really care about the ADA laws or what is and is not possible because of them.

Many posters here have tried to tell you the same thing, many times. So obviously this is something that you should really consider as being an item that was just not possible within current laws.

I get it’s just the one SW thing that you’ve always wanted, but the real world can’t always fulfill every SW fantasy out there. Sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom