The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

Now I want them to hurry up and make that Avengers Coaster. Not sure what the hold up is. They need to stop overthinking it. Just make it a launch coaster. Blast some music, have the thing go fast, and put legitimate show scenes in the beginning, middle and end with some screens and projections throughout. Why do they need to reinvent the wheel?

I know I've beat this drum before, but I think now's a good time to get back up on my soapbox.

An Avengers Coaster is a horrible idea. Coasters aren't character driven experiences, they're experience driven. It'd be impossible to tell a compelling story or sequence of events that didn't come across as cheesy or disingenuous.

Not to mention, the Avengers score- while epic- wouldn't translate well to a ride soundtrack.

If Disney's going to build a rollercoaster based on Marvel, it needs to be based on an environment within the Marvel universe that translated well to an out of control, high speed, high energy ride.

TROR

Of course not. But if you have fully realized CGI characters like Thanos and Hulk in a film, which could never be convincing with prosthetics, it wouldn't make sense to use prosthetics and make up for some minor characters. Especially since modern CGI and motion capture looks way better than 99% of prosthetic and make up use.

Seriously. Going back and watching old puppet based and prosthetic based characters, it's very rare that they're at all convincing.
I'll agree with this with the only exception being Proxima Midnight. Because her face is basically just a human face with blue skin, it's painfully obvious she's a CGI character and it looks like a video game.

I know I've beat this drum before, but I think now's a good time to get back up on my soapbox.

An Avengers Coaster is a horrible idea. Coasters aren't character driven experiences, they're experience driven. It'd be impossible to tell a compelling story or sequence of events that didn't come across as cheesy or disingenuous.

Not to mention, the Avengers score- while epic- wouldn't translate well to a ride soundtrack.

If Disney's going to build a rollercoaster based on Marvel, it needs to be based on an environment within the Marvel universe that translated well to an out of control, high speed, high energy ride.
That's theme parks in general. It's why they keep failing with Marvel.

mickEblu

Original Poster

Don’t get me wrong. It wouldn’t be my first choice for a coaster. But if DCA is getting a new coaster, it’s going to the be the Avengers coaster. And I want a new coaster dammit! So if that’s what their heart is set on, I don’t see what the hold up is. Just make a fast, High energy Avengers launch Coaster. It doesn’t have to be some stupid new ride system which will most likely result in a net loss in the fun category.

However, I do somewhat disagree. We re not exactly talking about Citizen Kane here. Their really isn’t that much story with these movies. Also as you said, coasters are experience driven. They don’t have to tell story so much as make us feel we re in the world of Marvel. It’s all in the execution. Granted, ill give you that with modern WDI, the chances are far greater that it will fall flat. However, it will still be a coaster and I think a coaster is the perfect ride system to capture the high energy and spirit of the Avengers films. Like I said earlier, three show scenes with one in the beginning, middle and end with projections throughout would more than suffice. If not a coaster, what else would do the the Avengers justice? Another slow meandering trackless vehicle with bursts of motion? A shooter? A boat ride? A simulator?

Think Purpose built Hyperspace Mountain with more than just projections. It’s about the energy, music and thrill more than a story or sequence of events.

No Name

Wasn't it suppose to be going to Shanghai first?

It’s already been announced for Shanghai, and would likely open there first even if it does unfortunately come to DAK. The movie Zootopia is about social issues and simply uses animals as an allegory for humans. It has nothing to do with the themes of DAK. But the Bobs probably see animals and think it fits.

Been meaning to ask, why are you no longer a bruh?
I thought Thanos was deeper than he looks. I expected someone much more 2 dimensional.

Thanos is actually written as the protagonist in Infinity War which is pretty neat. And the Avengers and Guardians are the antagonists. One of the writers explains it quite well in the article here, and after rewatching the film with this in mind, it makes sense. I think that’s a big part of what makes Infinity War great.

Unfortunately, I don’t think he’s as deep in Endgame.

socalifornian

It’s already been announced for Shanghai, and would likely open there first even if it does unfortunately come to DAK. The movie Zootopia is about social issues and simply uses animals as an allegory for humans. It has nothing to do with the themes of DAK. But the Bobs probably see animals and think it fits.

Thanos is actually written as the protagonist in Infinity War which is pretty neat. And the Avengers and Guardians are the antagonists. One of the writers explains it quite well in the article here, and after rewatching the film with this in mind, it makes sense. I think that’s a big part of what makes Infinity War great.

Unfortunately, I don’t think he’s as deep in Endgame.
The way he handles the last snap 👌🏼

lazyboy97o

I mean, they kind of had to do that. But this is 2019. Kevin can't have a cell phone or access to the internet.
Throws a whole new wrench in the works.
Or neighbors who call the cops any time his parents glance in another direction.

I recently read The Infinity Gauntlet, I found it to be rather dull which makes the movie even more impressive

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You mean similar to how Splash does for Critter Country?

Just no longer needed given the roots of it are long gone now.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This seems like the appropriate thread to ask this question. How does one upload pictures to this site??? Like seriously. I can only upload from my phone but unlike most sites it does not give me an option to share a photo I have on my phone from here. I see people posting pics all the time. sometimes I want to post a funny photo too to contribute or a helpful photo. i would love to add toe the DISNEYLAND PIC of the day thread but i can never upload a photo. can someone advise me what I am doing wrong??

lazyboy97o

This seems like the appropriate thread to ask this question. How does one upload pictures to this site??? Like seriously. I can only upload from my phone but unlike most sites it does not give me an option to share a photo I have on my phone from here. I see people posting pics all the time. sometimes I want to post a funny photo too to contribute or a helpful photo. i would love to add toe the DISNEYLAND PIC of the day thread but i can never upload a photo. can someone advise me what I am doing wrong??
You clink the image icon located between the chain links and smilie face In the message editor.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Animal Kingdom’s main theme is the connection that us humans have with the rest of the animal kingdom. As far as I’m aware Critter Country makes no such promise.
Yes, but Critter Country has no connection to the themes from Song of the South either, other than there are animals.

ParkPeeker

I looked at my physical map from 1+ weeks ago and saw that this ride was on it, lol

Sharon&Susan

Even if the Simpson’s D23 panel is bad, I canning imagine it being any worse than when the Simpsons staff shilled for some EA mobile game:

TROR

Decided to check out the Aladdin remake. Other than Naomi Scott and the abundance of color, this movie is not very good. The entire I just wanted to watch the Disney’s California Adventure’s Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular. That was a good show. Aladdin (2019) felt like a Disney Channel movie with a budget. It ends with a dance number! What in the world!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom