The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Nland316

I mean it wouldn’t shock me to see it go away. Then hopefully their rebranding of Frontierland to mean the “natural wonders of the Frontier” will be complete. Good news is that if it were to go away it most likely turn into some eatery or shop instead of a DVC lounge.
To be fair, Frontierland at DL is extremely limited in size and footprint compared to MK.. I’d even argue it’s themed much more “neutral” and “generic” than the east coast.

Even if they wanted to, any significant changes would have to be on the minimal side by nature of the space.

When they built SWGE, they reworked the railroad + adjacent Big Thunder Ranch walkway with new rock work and structures that basically land locked it in every direction.

MK basically just got screwed over because of how underutilized their ROA is (apart from its role in the park’s general beauty / placemaking).

mickEblu

Original Poster
To be fair, Frontierland at DL is extremely limited in size and footprint compared to MK.. I’d even argue it’s themed much more “neutral” and “generic” than the east coast.

Even if they wanted to, any significant changes would have to be on the minimal side by nature of the space.

When they built SWGE, they reworked the railroad + adjacent Big Thunder Ranch walkway with new rock work and structures that basically land locked it in every direction.

MK basically just got screwed over because of how underutilized their ROA is (apart from its role in the park’s general beauty / placemaking).

You say apart from its role in the parks general beautify/ place making as if it’s a small thing. It’s the main point of its existence. As it is at Disneyland. This isn’t some small water feature. It’s the backdrop of that entire part of the park. You don’t throw that away for a large Cars D ticket (that looks to have limited indoor show scenes) and a kiddie ride. Not when you have other expansion pads and not when WDW is the size of city.

Nland316

You say apart from its role in the parks general beautify/ place making as if it’s a small thing. It’s the main point of its existence. As it is at Disneyland. This isn’t some small water feature. It’s the backdrop of that entire part of the park. You don’t throw that away for a large Cars D ticket (that looks to have limited indoor show scenes) and a kiddie ride. Not when you have other expansion pads and not when WDW is the size of city.
No I agree completely! Didn’t mean to undermine that crucial aspect/role that the river plays in a castle park.

I guess I’m trying to get across how I compare / view the river here at DL vs at MK. They serve essentially the same purpose, but DL manages to incorporate it to a much higher function than over at MK — which I really did not even give any thought to prior to this announcement being made. So in theory, I do understand why it would be looked at for expansion.

Do I think it should be a priority this early in WDW’s life? With so many other areas of the park available for expansion? 100% no.

This is just a clear reflection of how upper management, not only exclusive to Disney, makes decisions nowadays. I find this mindset really toxic, and very short sighted..

mickEblu

Original Poster
I arrive in Anaheim in less than two weeks.
Hoping for nice weather.

Nice weather to me is temps in the 70s with no humidity whatsoever, and bright sunshine and blue skies.
Breezes are okay, too…just no Sana Ana winds, please.

-

You re more likely to get a 90 degree day than a 75 degree day in September but I’d say getting a few days in the low 80s is possible if not probable. Most likely won’t be humid though. Blue Sky and sunshine (almost) guaranteed. Crossing my fingers for you.

MoonRakerSCM

Good lord... I've been in Alaska the past week and am flying home today...

115 degrees, fire, earthquakes, and a thunderstorm yesterday??? What the heck have you all been doing?!?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Good lord... I've been in Alaska the past week and am flying home today...

115 degrees, fire, earthquakes, and a thunderstorm yesterday??? What the heck have you all been doing?!?

Don’t forget the really bad fire in San Bernardino. A couple days ago I saw 118 on the dash when I was driving in the San Fernando Valley. Escaped to Santa Barbara the last couple days for my wife’s 40th. Much much nicer here. Had a wonderful dinner at San Ysidro Ranch last night.

317E8973-A917-4B79-916F-B0E9F0D2DC2A.jpeg

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom