The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Hot take alert.

San Fransokyo seemed wholey unnecessary and corporately driven gobbledegook…

But I actually like it, a lot. It’s a great vibe. I already have a huge soft spot for that food court and am glad corporate has deemed it now keepable. It might even be… marginally improved.

I don’t like the soundtrack and I think those pink umbrellas clash with the red bridge. Don’t like how the bridge blocks the view when you re walking towards Pixar Pier. Overall it feels less like a lived in place and more like Disneyfied take on a wharf. But it’s hardly the worst thing that’s happened in the last few years. Definitely better than filling the ROA with concrete.

mickEblu

Original Poster
@BrianLo it is pretty at night. Took this shot earlier this year.

582A393C-A8F0-4951-B4FA-365334251785.jpeg

BrianLo

@BrianLo it is pretty at night. Took this shot earlier this year.

View attachment 808947

Thanks! Ya I’m in it at night. I’m a little biased as I find the Kawaii Japanese culture appealing. So I like the pop soundtrack. True to form - I really loved Paint the Night.

DCA is super pretty at night. Even Avengers campus! 😂

Pandora will build on that legacy.

Disney Analyst

Thanks! Ya I’m in it at night. I’m a little biased as I find the Kawaii Japanese culture appealing. So I like the pop soundtrack. True to form - I really loved Paint the Night.

DCA is super pretty at night. Even Avengers campus! 😂

Pandora will build on that legacy.

It was my partners second favourite area in all of the parks. We also are big fans of the culture represented, and the soundtrack is amazing.

Consumer

It’s amazing how much worse the parks have gotten since the removal of Tower of Terror. I truly feel like that was the beginning of the end of what I liked about Disney parks. Pixar Pier, TBA, no more Rivers of America, Avatar land in DCA. Sure there’s been some good mixed in with the bad, but it’s not a steady stream of good like I feel it used to be prior to 2016.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I feel like this might be a hot take, but once the announced additions to DCA are complete, I feel like the park will have one of the strongest attraction rosters from all the stateside parks. I am really excited for the new DCA.

I’ve been a harsh DCA critic, but you might be right about this. IMO it’s also a factor that the Florida parks have steadily declined in quality, but regardless DCA will be looking pretty solid in 2030 — not just the attraction roster, but the park as a whole.

To reach greatness, the park still just needs more charm and beauty, IMO. Buena Vista Street, Grizzly Peak, and Radiator Springs are wonderful. Avatar will probably be gorgeous, if the concept art is any indication. Hollywoodland, with its sad/ugly 2001 aesthetic, is hopefully going away. I’d like to see some trees/shade/greenery included in the budget for the Avengers Campus expansion, though I’m not holding my breath. Pixar Pier is are also hideous; I don’t see why a fantasy version of a pier can’t include lots of gardens and shade.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Is the Avengers Infinity thing an E-ticket or D-ticket? I believe technically we’ve been told it’s an E-ticket, but if it uses Tokyo’s Peter Pan ride system, wouldn’t that make it more of a D?

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I would think that Spiderman and Transformers are E-tickets. So this would be too.
Not that there is such a thing as E-ticket or D-ticket anymore.

If it’s on the scale of Spider-Man and Transformers, then definitely. But the Peter Pan ride seems smaller-scale.

Yeah the E/D distinction doesn’t actually matter at all. I’m just pondering how well-rounded DCA’s attraction lineup will be in 2030.

truecoat

Someone needs to drop some permit drawings. Many have in the past but it's been a while. The last one I saw was the construction trailers going in at AK.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I reserved a hotel for Nov 17th-20th. Not sure if I can actually go as that will depend on a few things, but the goal is to check out TBA and "hopefully" the new Mansion queue if it is ready in time.

We'll see.

Rich T

…If I can get Space 220, great. If not, no worries. I'd rather focus my time and energy on unique Florida attractions, not overpriced Disney food…
If you can’t get reservations for Space 220 and someone in your party doesn’t mind getting in line for the bar seating about an hour before it opens, that’s another way to do it (it’s possible to play tag-team waiting, taking turns to ride the Green Version of Mission Space). The experience is fun and you can get a full meal or just drinks and/or a snack. Generally, I don’t spend money on food at WDW, but I found Space 220 one of the park dining experiences that turned out to be worth doing. The other, against all my expectations, was Be Our Guest.

Last edited:

DrAlice

If you can’t get reservations for Space 220 and someone in your party doesn’t mind getting in line for the bar seating about an hour before it opens, that’s another way to do it (it’s possible to play tag-team waiting, taking turns to ride the Green Version of Mission Space). The experience is fun and you can get a full meal or just drinks and/or a snack. Generally, I don’t spend money on food at WDW, but I found Space 220 one of the park dining experiences that turned out to be worth doing. The other, against all my expectations, was Be Our Guest.
I have no interest in riding Mission Space, so this is a fabulous idea. :) Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom