The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Make it like the Hogwarts Express and park hopper ticket sales will go through the roof.

That would mean no non-park hopper guests could ride it. I doubt Disney would want to do that for an in-park attraction. So unless they switch to a single ticket instead of park hoppers for the entire resort this idea is a no-go.

Rich T

Every time I visit the backlot area of Hollywoodland, I immediately want to leave DCA ang go to Disneyland. Moving the Marvel props from the second floor of Innoventions into the Millionaire sound stage and making it a mini-exhibit, making the former H&D soundstage into a restaurant again, and having a permanent live show in the Muppet theater would all do wonders in making that sub-section less dead.
That area of DCA is so depressing that "Mad T Party" actually made it 500x better. And Mad T Party was no work of art!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No, they could treat it like the monorail at DTD.

Except if you have it going between the two parks without requiring a park hopper then again you defeat the purpose of a park hopper ticket.

And then if you do require a park hopper ticket then you eliminate a whole large section of the guests. Which defeats the purpose of one ticket access to all the attractions.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Except if you have it going between the two parks without requiring a park hopper then again you defeat the purpose of a park hopper ticket.

And then if you do require a park hopper ticket then you eliminate a whole large section of the guests. Which defeats the purpose of one ticket access to all the attractions.

Obviously you’d need a park hopper. You already eliminate a whole bunch of guests from experiences - the ones who bought one park per day tickets. If someone really wants to ride it they buy a park hopper. It’s simple and I’m sure Disney would love people upgrading for this simple reason.

Besides, I’d wager the majority of guests on any given day are park hoppers.

They could spin it as transportation. Not a ride so much. So if one only has a one park ticket, they obviously don’t need tranportstion to the other park.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Obviously you’d need a park hopper. You already eliminate a whole bunch of guests from experiences - the ones who bought one park per day tickets. If someone really wants to ride it they buy a park hopper. It’s simple and I’m sure Disney would love people upgrading for this simple reason.

Besides, I’d wager the majority of guests on any given day are park hoppers.

Then why not just eliminate park hoppers and have a single ticket for both parks. That is what I would suggest for this idea. I just don't see Disney wanting to have an attraction that would only apply to just park hoppers and not the one park tickets.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Then why not just eliminate park hoppers and have a single ticket for both parks. That is what I would suggest for this idea. I just don't see Disney wanting to have an attraction that would only apply to just park hoppers and not the one park tickets.

Make it one park so people who bought one park tickets can get on the one and only thing they can’t do- a transportation ride to the other park they didn’t buy a ticket to?

Ok. Seems extreme. It can all be solved with a simple sentence at the ticket booths explaining that one park tickets do not include the skyway.

I think the bigger reason to not build a skyway is because the distance from TL to Marvel Land isn’t that far. I mean it would be nice to avoid the gates (while doing it in style and resting your feet) but it’s obviously not necessary.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Make it one park so people who bought one park tickets can get on the one and only thing they can’t do- a transportation ride to the other park they didn’t buy a ticket to?

Ok. Seems extreme. It can all be solved with a simple sentence on at the ticket booths explaining that one park tickets do not include the skyway.

I think the bigger reason to not build a skyway is because the distance from TL to Marvel Land isn’t that far. I mean it would be nice to avoid the gates but it’s obviously not necessary.

You were speaking about a Monorail stop at DCA as well though, not just a Skyway. Which again would defeat having a park hopper.

Anyways, I agree the Skyway is not needed (although its your own idea) because the parks are so close.

mickEblu

Original Poster
You were speaking about a Monorail stop at DCA as well though, not just a Skyway. Which again would defeat having a park hopper.

Anyways, I agree the Skyway is not needed (although its your own idea) because the parks are so close.

Sorry. I’m still not understanding how a transportation ride between the two parks defeats having a park hopper. Instead of guests walking back and forth they can take a skyway. If you don’t have a parkhopper you ain’t leaving the park anyway unless it’s to go to DTD or your hotel which is irrelevant. Like @Phrubruh said isn’t that how they handle the train ride at Universal?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sorry. I’m still not understanding how a transportation ride between the two parks defeats having a park hopper. Instead of guests walking back and forth they can take a skyway. If you don’t have a parkhopper you ain’t leaving the park anyway unless it’s to go to DTD or your hotel which is irrelevant. Like @Phrubruh said isn’t that how they handle the train ride at Universal?

You stated:

If we ever get a TL Redo is like to see a new skyway from TL to DCA... or at least a monorail stop.

The Skyway is one thing, which as you stated isn't even needed. But the Monorail is currently a single park attraction. Having it also have a stop at DCA would cause issues as how would you tell if a person is eligible to access either DL or DCA for that particular day unless they have a park hopper.

So either:

A. You eliminate Park Hoppers
or
B. Say only Park Hoppers can ride the Monorail

My preference, especially if you're going to implement the idea of a Skyway between both parks, is to eliminate Park Hoppers.

mickEblu

Original Poster
You stated:

The Skyway is one thing, which as you stated isn't even needed. But the Monorail is currently a single park attraction. Having it also have a stop at DCA would cause issues as how would you tell if a person is eligible to access either DL or DCA for that particular day unless they have a park hopper.

So either:

A. You eliminate Park Hoppers
or
B. Say only Park Hoppers can ride the Monorail

My preference, especially if you're going to implement the idea of a Skyway between both parks, is to eliminate Park Hoppers.

Ok I thought it was clear that I was focused on the skyway. The skyway was my original idea... forget about the monorail for a sec.

Of course it’s not needed. POTC wasn’t needed but it’s a great attraction. It would also serve a nice purpose.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ok I thought it was clear that I was focused on the skyway. That was my original idea... forget about the monorail for a sec.

Of course it’s not needed. POTC wasn’t needed but it’s a great attraction. It would also serve a nice purpose.

Ok forgotten.

On the Skyway, I think it would be a waste of space for such a short distance. I'd rather they use TL for something better than a Skyway.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Ok forgotten.

On the Skyway, I think it would be a waste of space for such a short distance. I'd rather they use TL for something better than a Skyway.

Yeah earlier I was speaking from Disney’s viewpoint when I said that it wouldn’t be worth it to build skyway for that distance. Guests on the other hand would love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom