• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

TROR

The criteria for whether or not a theme park is good is if it has an elephant (excluding Dumbo). That means every park with a Jungle Cruise (Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Tokyo Disneyland, and Hong Kong Disneyland) are all good parks. Both Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland USA feature a baby Indian elephant with Trader Sam which also gives them both an edge. Disneyland is the best of these parks, however, as it also has the crystal elephant in Adventureland. There's also elephants in the Eye on the Globe portion of Indiana Jones Adventure's preshow, again giving Disneyland an edge over the other Magic Kingdom parks. The only castle parks that fail to meet this basic quota are Shanghai and Disneyland Paris, thus they both suck.

As for second gates, currently only Disney's Animal Kingdom and Tokyo DisneySea have elephants in them. That said, unlike any of the other parks on this list, the ones at DAK are real and therefore it's the best Disney park no matter what. The elephants in DisneySea can be found on Sinbad's Storybook Voyage. Disney's Hollywood Studios did have an elephant when it opened in the Tarzan scene of The Great Movie Ride, but since its closure there are no more elephants and therefore Disney's Hollywood Studios sucks. Sticking with Walt Disney World, Epcot did have elephants in the late 1980's as part of a circus show, but seeing as I find circus elephants to be barbarian, Epcot is getting points taken away and is therefore the worst of these parks for it. Walt Disney Studios has never had any elephants. The last park, DCA, had elephants on opening day at the entrance to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot but were removed in 2011.

Disney parks with live elephants that are treated well and therefore best Disney parks:
Disney's Animal Kingdom

Disney parks listed from most to least elephants (best to worst):
Disneyland USA
Tokyo Disneyland
Magic Kingdom
Hong Kong Disneyland
Tokyo DisneySea

Disney parks that have removed elephants and therefore have gone from being good to bad:
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney California Adventure

Disney parks with no elephants (awful parks):
Disneyland Paris
Walt Disney Studios Paris
Shanghai Disneyland

Disney park with live elephants but were treated cruel and therefore worst Disney parks:
Epcot

This concludes my study. If I have missed any elephants within any of the parks, please let me know and I will correct my findings.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Advertisement
This concludes my study. If I have missed any elephants within any of the parks, please let me know and I will correct my findings.
You need to revise your assessment of Disneyland Paris. This is from the Aladdin Walk thru attraction in Adventurerland.

JD2000

For those who visit from out of state and go for longer trips; do you find Anaheim tap water gives you a sore throat, and soon afterwards, you get a cold? But when you drink less, on any given trip, you get further into your trip before getting the sore throat, the cold, and the symptoms are less severe?

😕
For those interested;

It seems to be caused by foreign pathogens that locals have adapted to; and the more you drink it, the more your body can't fight it. You can eliminate them by various means; bottled water that has gone through reverse osmosis is probably the easiest.

:)

vj81995

At a time when Disneyland is more expensive than it's ever been, I wish there was a larger internal push to re embrace some of Walt's management philosophies to help strengthen Disneyland's cultural reputation, which has mostly been riding on what it built in the 1900s- not today.
It's funny because The Walt Disney Company has been denouncing Walt's ideals as old-fashioned since 1984. Ever wonder why all of the great Imagineers of the past have either retired or stepped down?

Phrubruh

For those interested;

It seems to be caused by foreign pathogens that locals have adapted to; and the more you drink it, the more your body can't fight it. You can eliminate them by various means; bottled water that has gone through reverse osmosis is probably the easiest.

:)
That reminds me. Why does Disneyland water taste different from regular tap water?

Darkbeer1

That reminds me. Why does Disneyland water taste different from regular tap water?
In what way? The water is through Anaheim Public Utlities

>Where Does Our Water Come From?
Anaheim’s water supply is a blend of groundwater from our own wells and water imported from Northern California and the Colorado River by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD). The source water for our wells is an aquifer that is replenished with water from the Santa Ana River, local runoff, imported water, and purified recycled water.<<

Phrubruh

In what way? The water is through Anaheim Public Utlities

Anaheim’s water supply is a blend of groundwater from our own wells and water imported from Northern California and the Colorado River by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD). The source water for our wells is an aquifer that is replenished with water from the Santa Ana River, local runoff, imported water, and purified recycled water.<<
It has that metallic taste. I don't taste that anywhere else in orange county. For example, Westminster and Mission Viejo water is different. Even Knott's water doesn't taste like that. It must be just Anaheim.

JD2000

It has that metallic taste. I don't taste that anywhere else in orange county. For example, Westminster and Mission Viejo water is different. Even Knott's water doesn't taste like that. It must be just Anaheim.
Googled it and found the reason to be trace metals and/or low pH levels.

Disney Irish Bruh

I didn't want to create a whole thread for this, but want to ask the following question.

Does anyone know why they never use the entire upper ramp area inside the building as an actual queue? It just seems like its always empty while the outside queue is packed.

Macro

If we're talking Space Mountain...

I assume they leave the upper ramp empty so the fastpass people join the line closer to the front. If they filled the upper ramp then it would be quite a wait from the time they take your fastpass until you get to ride.

They did the same thing with Indy when they added fastpass. You spend more time outside and less time in the queue as originally designed. It's too bad they did it with Space Mountain because you could see inside the dome and watch the glow-in-the-dark rockets speed by. It really added to the wait in line.

Top Bottom