The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I like that there’s now a green icon under the avatars that signal if the user is currently logged on. Don’t really like anything else about the new site update.

You could always tell when someone was online (provided they didn't turn off the option in the privacy settings), it was just the upper left area of their avatar was shown as green. So this is no different, its just been moved and maybe easier to see. And users still have the option to turn it off in privacy settings, so nothing is different.

Phroobar

We really need a reaction emoji that has a W T F look on its face
I think we need a Meh icon.

126240.jpg

Rich T

That is why I am just giving everyone "Likes" and "Hahas". I only use the angry face when I see something stupid like the rumor of Zootopia 2 and 3.
Zootopia is Disney Animation’s second highest-grossing film. They’d be nuts NOT to do more with that IP, either as films or a TV series.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Zootopia is Disney Animation’s second highest-grossing film. They’d be nuts NOT to do more with that IP, either as films or a TV series.

Isn’t there some mandate of 2 sequels for every original movie in Disney animation or does that just apply to Pixar?

Nland316

Random thought on my mind, Splash Mountain needs a thorough BTM level refurb. Lighting and animatronic issues aside, I have been noticing lately in pictures how faded the exterior rock work looks. The greenery on the exterior is also yellow and dead, when it should be luscious and green! This ride has been plagued with so many issues, it’s time for a major refresh!

SuddenStorm

Random thought on my mind, Splash Mountain needs a thorough BTM level refurb. Lighting and animatronic issues aside, I have been noticing lately in pictures how faded the exterior rock work looks. The greenery on the exterior is also yellow and dead, when it should be luscious and green! This ride has been plagued with so many issues, it’s time for a major refresh!

I definitely agree. Though I worry WDI would take that as an opportunity to do some "reimagining" and give it the Pirates treatment.

But a strictly "freshen up" overhaul? Man that'd be cool. Make it look like it did opening day.

NateD1226

That is why you edit the hell out of your photos to cover the mistakes.

But all jokes aside, I do agree. Spalsh definitely needs to get a face lift.

Nland316

I definitely agree. Though I worry WDI would take that as an opportunity to do some "reimagining" and give it the Pirates treatment.

But a strictly "freshen up" overhaul? Man that'd be cool. Make it look like it did opening day.
I would hope they’d do a refresh more in line with Alice back in 2015.. Seems like a better fit for how stylized the ride is.

As for the mountain itself, Tokyo (with no surprise) seems to capture the look very well.

They nailed the aesthetic.

Compared to ours in Anaheim:

SuddenStorm

I would hope they’d do a refresh more in line with Alice back in 2015.. Seems like a better fit for how stylized the ride is.

As for the mountain itself, Tokyo (with no surprise) seems to capture the look very well. View attachment 347485

View attachment 347486

The best reference for what it's supposed to look like is probably this pre opening photo (or any photo from '89):

Not quite as green as Tokyo- but compared to that 2018 refurb photo, it's loads better. And that's without getting into the abysmal state of the interior.

Some light projection mapping on the inside on some of the walls could do wonders for making it seem brighter and more lively inside. If implemented properly, it could really make the Laughing Place segment and finale seem far more immersive.

But honestly, even the 2018 refurb that replaced the brown flume for the final drop with a stainless steel one detracted from the look of the attraction.

NateD1226

As for the mountain itself, Tokyo (with no surprise) seems to capture the look very well. View attachment 347485

View attachment 347486
Now that I am looking at this again, I don’t care about the greenery. I care about why those children are literally about hop into the ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom