The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

VJ

At a time when Disneyland is more expensive than it's ever been, I wish there was a larger internal push to re embrace some of Walt's management philosophies to help strengthen Disneyland's cultural reputation, which has mostly been riding on what it built in the 1900s- not today.
It's funny because The Walt Disney Company has been denouncing Walt's ideals as old-fashioned since 1984. Ever wonder why all of the great Imagineers of the past have either retired or stepped down?

Phroobar

For those interested;

It seems to be caused by foreign pathogens that locals have adapted to; and the more you drink it, the more your body can't fight it. You can eliminate them by various means; bottled water that has gone through reverse osmosis is probably the easiest.

:)
That reminds me. Why does Disneyland water taste different from regular tap water?

Darkbeer1

That reminds me. Why does Disneyland water taste different from regular tap water?

In what way? The water is through Anaheim Public Utlities

>Where Does Our Water Come From?

Anaheim’s water supply is a blend of groundwater from our own wells and water imported from Northern California and the Colorado River by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD). The source water for our wells is an aquifer that is replenished with water from the Santa Ana River, local runoff, imported water, and purified recycled water.<<

Phroobar

In what way? The water is through Anaheim Public Utlities

Anaheim’s water supply is a blend of groundwater from our own wells and water imported from Northern California and the Colorado River by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD). The source water for our wells is an aquifer that is replenished with water from the Santa Ana River, local runoff, imported water, and purified recycled water.<<
It has that metallic taste. I don't taste that anywhere else in orange county. For example, Westminster and Mission Viejo water is different. Even Knott's water doesn't taste like that. It must be just Anaheim.

JD2000

It has that metallic taste. I don't taste that anywhere else in orange county. For example, Westminster and Mission Viejo water is different. Even Knott's water doesn't taste like that. It must be just Anaheim.
Googled it and found the reason to be trace metals and/or low pH levels.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I didn't want to create a whole thread for this, but want to ask the following question.

Does anyone know why they never use the entire upper ramp area inside the building as an actual queue? It just seems like its always empty while the outside queue is packed.

Macro

If we're talking Space Mountain...

I assume they leave the upper ramp empty so the fastpass people join the line closer to the front. If they filled the upper ramp then it would be quite a wait from the time they take your fastpass until you get to ride.

They did the same thing with Indy when they added fastpass. You spend more time outside and less time in the queue as originally designed. It's too bad they did it with Space Mountain because you could see inside the dome and watch the glow-in-the-dark rockets speed by. It really added to the wait in line.

Rich T

It's too bad they did it with Space Mountain because you could see inside the dome and watch the glow-in-the-dark rockets speed by. It really added to the wait in line.
Since they sealed that window up during the rebuild to make the ride much darker, that bit of entertainment would be gone from the queue anyway. Great trade-off, though; darker Space Mtn. is better Space Mtn.

D.Silentu

It certainly needs something! While I appreciate how dark Space Mountain is these days, I wish there were some points of interest to see on the ride. People always claim the window is the culprit for light leakage into the old mountain. I wonder if they've overlooked that funky satellite, which glowed bright orange and was centrally located. We don't need a return to that but as I've said in other conversations, the old Space Mountain had character, now we just go to space.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Now that I’ve been popping popcorn in my cast iron pot all popcorn will be inferior, even Disneyland. Even Disneyland is hit or miss. Sometimes it’s great but sometimes it’s too salty or so buttery that it the butter literally squirts in your mouth.

SuddenStorm

Now that I’ve been popping popcorn in my cast iron pot all popcorn will be inferior, even Disneyland. Even Disneyland is hit or miss. Sometimes it’s great but sometimes it’s too salty or so buttery that it the butter literally squirts in your mouth.

The last time I got popcorn at Disneyland, it was honestly kind of stale and not nearly as good as I remember. Didn't want to go through the hassle of asking the lady to make a new batch since it was obvious what was in there had been sitting for way to long.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The last time I got popcorn at Disneyland, it was honestly kind of stale and not nearly as good as I remember. Didn't want to go through the hassle of asking the lady to make a new batch since it was obvious what was in there had been sitting for way to long.

Are they still serving the chip a tooth or two Mickey ice cream bars that you need to let thaw for 25 minutes at 2pm in July?

SuddenStorm

Are they still serving the chip a tooth or two Mickey ice cream bars that you need to let thaw for 25 minutes at 2pm in July?

🤣

Not sure. The only ice cream I buy inside Disneyland is the firehouse sundae at the Gibson Girl. The prepackaged "Mickey" bars are too pricey/not big enough for my appetite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom