The Mirror Has Arrived!!!

brentley2

Wow- that looks awesome!
Thanks for going back to get the picture-
I hope it's up by the time I get there next week- on Thursday!
If not I hope it's up by the time I leave on Monday!
The castle looks great!
I didn't expect to like it as much as I do.

thimblekisses

Like many others, I too want to say HOLY CATS THAT THING IS HUGE!!!! :hammer: :wave: :eek:
:sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D

I am not quite up to date with all my castle-mirror information, but that seems so much bigger than the one on the concept art. Other than the slightly lower placement of Peter and Wendy, is this the only thing that has changed from the original concept? Or is it the same, but it just seems bigger because people are standing on it and we don't realize how big the castle really is?

Furthermore, since I'm just getting into the loop, how is the mirror going to be operated? Is it like a giant computer screen, and the images change like a neverending powerpoint?
I agree that using it in Wishes would be very cool. Will Wishes change at all to go along with the Happiest Celebration?
And one more thing. . . why a mirror? The mirror (or at least the one referred to in Wishes) is from Snow White, not Cinderella, of course. And since she is the owner of the castle, of course, and the focus of the new stage show, why the mirror? Just curious. Sorry to seem out of the loop. Can anyone answer my thousands of questions?
Thanks!

GRRRRREAT PICS, DON!!! ;)

ogryn

thimblekisses said:
Furthermore, since I'm just getting into the loop, how is the mirror going to be operated? Is it like a giant computer screen, and the images change like a neverending powerpoint?

I think it would be something along those lines... which brings me to.... :lookaroun

Attachments

• castle_error.jpg
    castle_error.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 97

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
thanks for that update Og.... :hammer:

thimblekisses:
And one more thing. . . why a mirror? The mirror (or at least the one referred to in Wishes) is from Snow White, not Cinderella, of course. And since she is the owner of the castle, of course, and the focus of the new stage show, why the mirror? Just curious. Sorry to seem out of the loop. Can anyone answer my thousands of questions?

You're right, it is not a "normal" part of this castle, but the motif is a collection of Disney icons...Timon, Pumba or Ka don't belong in the castle either. I'ts just part of the Disney collage.

Now that you bring up that good point....why should Tinkerbell have regular residence/visitation to the castle? It should be the purvue of different fairies.

Oh well, I guess with so many rooms, Cinderella sublets :lol:

WDWFREAK53

mkepcotmgmak said:
hope cindy has norton or mcafee. you know that mirror will have a virus in no time... :hammer:

This is the mirror from Snow White...it won't have a virus...it's probably run with an...Apple. :lookaroun

Dayma

thimblekisses said:
Like many others, I too want to say HOLY CATS THAT THING IS HUGE!!!! :hammer: :wave: :eek:
:sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D

I am not quite up to date with all my castle-mirror information, but that seems so much bigger than the one on the concept art. Other than the slightly lower placement of Peter and Wendy, is this the only thing that has changed from the original concept? Or is it the same, but it just seems bigger because people are standing on it and we don't realize how big the castle really is?

Yes, I have a feeling it will look pretty much like the concept art. When someone is standing on it like that it makes it looks big.

mraw

thimblekisses said:
QUOTE]

The mirror will not have a computer screen- the closest thing I can compare it to will be one of those changing billboards that you see on the highway, although it will be made to flip through 5 images (Which is why it's so thick on the side) It also won't change in the vertical pattern that you see on a billboard. It has a cool configuration that will make the scenes changing look "magical"- a swirl type effect (unless that was recently changed). They attempted an LCD screen for the mirror, and they even tested the images in Times Square, but they didn't go with it. It also would've been much more expensive to fabricate. I actually didn't like the idea being that the mirror is outside. the sunlight would've caused a terrible glare, and it probably wouldn't be easy to see during the day. When I went to Skrek 4D and saw the mirror in their preshow, I was very impressed, but it showed best because it's always inside in a dark room, which made it tend to glow more vibrantly than anything in the daylight.

bhg469

ogryn said:
I think it would be something along those lines... which brings me to.... :lookaroun

i was drinking water when i looked at that, now its all over my monitor :lol:

aklodge

mraw said:
thimblekisses said:
QUOTE]

The mirror will not have a computer screen- the closest thing I can compare it to will be one of those changing billboards that you see on the highway, although it will be made to flip through 5 images (Which is why it's so thick on the side) It also won't change in the vertical pattern that you see on a billboard. It has a cool configuration that will make the scenes changing look "magical"- a swirl type effect (unless that was recently changed). They attempted an LCD screen for the mirror, and they even tested the images in Times Square, but they didn't go with it. It also would've been much more expensive to fabricate. I actually didn't like the idea being that the mirror is outside. the sunlight would've caused a terrible glare, and it probably wouldn't be easy to see during the day. When I went to Skrek 4D and saw the mirror in their preshow, I was very impressed, but it showed best because it's always inside in a dark room, which made it tend to glow more vibrantly than anything in the daylight.
Yes, your probbably right on the sunlight thing.... whenever it would be sunny, you probbably wouldnt be able to see the mirror good. Whatever it is, I will like it anyways!

tirian

This is the mirror from Snow White...it won't have a virus...it's probably run with an...Apple. :lookaroun

Hey, Macs get viruses. They crash, too. Trust me; I'm a graphic designer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom