The Mirror Has Arrived!!!

Does anyone know how long will the castle look this way?

I was wondering if anyone knows how long the the castle will look this way? My husband and I won't be returning to WDW until October 2006. Will this new decor be up until the end of the full year of the 50th celebration (5-5-06) or will it be up longer? We would like to see the additions in person before they come back down. And thanks for the pics of the mirror, they were very thrilling!

aklodge

CommunicoreBabe said:
I was wondering if anyone knows how long the the castle will look this way? My husband and I won't be returning to WDW until October 2006. Will this new decor be up until the end of the full year of the 50th celebration (5-5-06) or will it be up longer? We would like to see the additions in person before they come back down. And thanks for the pics of the mirror, they were very thrilling!
Yes, I think it will... I think it lasts 16 months. Any back up?

speck76

aklodge said:
Yes, I think it will... I think it lasts 16 months. Any back up?

most marketing plans that WDC comes up with last about 18 months....I would expect it through the end of 2006.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Am I the only one who finds the mirror rather garish? I mean, *it* becomes the focus, not the castle. It also covers up the clock.

Yes, I also have personal reasons for not liking the mirror - I proposed to my wife almost directly underneath the clock, in front of the Castle, and now I can't see it because of a ridiculously oversized "mirror"....

LadyDarling

The mirror is okay... BUT I was looking forward to seeing the clock strike Midnight before the final showing of the forefront castle show during MVMCP this year! It's been a tradition. Oh well! We'll just count down from our watches.

Tadifer

I think it's kinda cool...I mean...it's kinda tacky, but it fits. It's a whole lot better than having a giant real mirror...that would be creepy :eek:

Disneyfan1981

I wonder how long the mirror will stay up. I know its only supposed to be up for the 50th Celebration but other celebritory items like the Wand over Epcot and the Hat in MGM have stayed past theirs....

speck76

Disneyfan1981 said:
I wonder how long the mirror will stay up. I know its only supposed to be up for the 50th Celebration but other celebritory items like the Wand over Epcot and the Hat in MGM have stayed past theirs....

The hat was never supposed to be temporary....it was built to be the new icon of the studios.

SpenceMan01

Check out TK421-SW's video update. On the video there's shots of the castle from Main Street and it doesn't look bad (size wise). I think it looks good and is a nice complement to the figures up there. I think it will look even cooler once the images start changing.

askmike1

HauntedPirate said:
I mean, *it* becomes the focus, not the castle.
It is supposed to be the focus. The entire point of the castle overlay is to be part of Disneyland's 50th. Without the mirror, the other decorations are pointless.

Speck76 said:
The hat was never supposed to be temporary....it was built to be the new icon of the studios.
Yes, and I believe the wand was supposed to be around for about 7-10 years.

Tadifer said:
It's a whole lot better than having a giant real mirror...that would be creepy.
Yeah, and think of the reflection from the sun. That spot would get to over 100 degrees.

-Michael

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom