The Mirror Has Arrived!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thats a big mirror. I would love to see the size of the squeege they are going to use to clean that sucker every night..... :lol:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
GymLeaderPhil said:
I rode the express monorail out of the Magic Kingdom today and then spotted the mirror (3:15ish).

It is indeed huge. I said "WHOA" out loud and all of the passengers in the cab were all staring at me.

I just wish that I had time like Don to make another round trip to take a picture. Great job! :sohappy:

I kind of reacted the same way when I went by the first time. I'm sure nearly everyone thought I was insane standing there with the camera aimed out the window toward the trees as the monorail left MK station on the second round.

Slipknot

:eek: I knew it would be big. But not THAT BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice shots you posted.

Didn't I read somewhere here that the castle would be done on April 1? If so, what besides the mirror is still not up?

DisKid

At first, I thought the holes in the Castle (behind the blue roof) was awefully high for the mirror, because the original concept art made it look like it would be smaller...but WOW!! It's huge, and now it all fits I guess.Thanks for the pics!

tigger248

Wow! I can't believe how big the mirror is! It would have been awesome to have passed that thing on the highway. Great pics!

bryan

Passed it while driving

I was just headed to the Magic Kingdom entrance the other nite and as Im driving up to it, I see a Wide Load truck up ahead. As I pull up to it, I look over and said OH MY GOD! and my girlfriend looks over and just a few feet from me was this GINORMOUS mirror.. heh. It was a sight to see while driving, if I had expected it I would have taken nice close ups, but I didnt have my camera ready and I was pressed for time, so I couldnt go back around.. but, its a beautiful thing!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We'll have to keep our eyes on other sites to see how soon these pictures appear there...probably without any mention of Don.

Great pics Don, Thanks!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
ClemsonTigger said:
We'll have to keep our eyes on other sites to see how soon these pictures appear there...probably without any mention of Don.

Great pics Don, Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder that I forgot to put the watermark on this set of pics. I went through all sorts of trouble to block unauthorized sites from posting links to the pics which cut down on a lot of it, but then they just started stealing the pics. Only one other site has asked for, and been granted approval to re-post or link to any of my pics.

SpenceMan01

donsullivan said:
I kind of reacted the same way when I went by the first time. I'm sure nearly everyone thought I was insane standing there with the camera aimed out the window toward the trees as the monorail left MK station on the second round.

:lol::lol::lol:
Sorry, I just laughed so hard at that!! Would have been funny to be there on your first pass and look up to see the monorail going by with your face pushed against the glass, mouth gaping wide :lol:

I figured, a few days ago, that with the progress they're making that it would only be a matter of time before the mirror would be showing up. Depending on how much more prep work they have to do, II'd expect it to be up early next week. :sohappy:

askmike1

I know others have already said this, but....that is huge!

Now that I got that out of me, I thought of something that would be cool. What if at night the mirror lit up and played some part in wishes. Is something like this already planned? I think this would be great in addition to the fiber optic lights I would like to see in the spirals.

-Michael

Captain Hank

askmike1 said:
I know others have already said this, but....that is huge!

Now that I got that out of me, I thought of something that would be cool. What if at night the mirror lit up and played some part in wishes. Is something like this already planned? I think this would be great in addition to the fiber optic lights I would like to see in the spirals.

-Michael
That would be so awesome if they used this magic mirror during the part where the evil queens calls on the magic mirror.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom