The Mine Train 'temper your expectations' thread

Wildflower

OK- I'll say it - children, take your fight outside or start a "is DisneyConstruction23 real" thread. I really don't care AND there is a lot of wrong info on these boards- I for one think the process and rumors are fun.

Who has new photos or speculation on opening. I was there last weekend and it seemed like the east side (circus side) still needs a bit of work, but I was impressed how much grass went on from Sat - Tues. I don't think I'll ride at our spring break 3/17 :(.
I read this am that there was a media preview 4/30-5/1 (Passporter)... so thinking Spring Break probably a no-go ALTHOUGH does anyone know how long before media hoopla they start doing soft openings?? Caveat: not sure what their track record is, but that doesn't quite sound like a rumor?

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I read this am that there was a media preview 4/30-5/1 (Passporter)... so thinking Spring Break probably a no-go ALTHOUGH does anyone know how long before media hoopla they start doing soft openings?? Caveat: not sure what their track record is, but that doesn't quite sound like a rumor?

I believe the rest of FLE was having soft opening almost two months before the official grand opening, so I think we could see soft opening for the Mine Ride at any time.

Wildflower

I believe the rest of FLE was having soft opening almost two months before the official grand opening, so I think we could see soft opening for the Mine Ride at any time.
which would go hand in hand time-wise with the other SDMT thread on here where @Betsyboo read another forum post where they saw people on it (I think she's trying to verify)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, this thread has succeeded in tempering my expectations on potential new insiders!

As for my expectations of the ride, I've learned over the many and many years to keep'em WAY low until proven otherwise. This goes for music, film, TV shows, and theme park rides. Go in expecting the bare minimum, be happy to be proven wrong. That's my motto.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well, this thread has succeeded in tempering my expectations on potential new insiders!

As for my expectations of the ride, I've learned over the many and many years to keep'em WAY low until proven otherwise. This goes for music, film, TV shows, and theme park rides. Go in expecting the bare minimum, be happy to be proven wrong. That's my motto.

Inspiring motto. Mine is expect everything to be great and perfect and wonderful, then deal with the soul crushing disappointment when it's not.

Disneyhead'71

Sooooo, what, exactly, has DC23 said that is unbelievable? That the 7DMT is going to have quality AAs instead of plywood flats or simple mechanical figures? I thought we knew that already and all I got from his "insider info" is that "Yes, in fact, good AAs. Two thumbs up!" People have to remember that some of the most advanced AAs Disney has used stateside are in NFL. Lumiere, Ursula, and Sebastian are some of the finest AAs I have ever seen. So for DC23 to "confirm" that we are getting more quality AAs doesn't seem beyond believable.
Yes, DC23 is new. OK, so he has to "earn" his stripes. There is no reason to bust his chops. We will know the score soon enough.

And I am putting my money on DC23 being correct and there being quality AAs in this attraction. That still doesn't mean that it' snot a 90 sec. Large Kiddie/Small Family coaster with a shocking lack of show scenes.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Oh come on people you are ALL better than this.

If you don't want to believe the guy, then don't. But don't continue this nonsense.

This thread is supposed to be about what we should be and shouldn't be expecting of the new WDW ride, not the new guy who posts about WDW like the rest of us.

We were ALL that new guy at one time.

I'm not trying to defend him and whether he's a true "insider" or not, but can't we get along? There's so much hate and drama in the real world, can't we suspend disbelief for a few stupid minutes and talk about a ride with fictional characters going through a fake mine on a faux mountain hillside?

I understand what your saying, Soarin' but I believe there is a difference between asking someone to back up their claims (which is whats happening here), or being flat out rude and aggressive.

If we grant a new member "insider" status without proof beyond a blurry photo and an invoice that could easily be made on any pc then we are opening the flood gates in a sense. I feel its disrespectful to the verified insiders and takes away from the integrity of this very well respected website.

phi2134

Sooooo, what, exactly, has DC23 said that is unbelievable? That the 7DMT is going to have quality AAs instead of plywood flats or simple mechanical figures? I thought we knew that already and all I got from his "insider info" is that "Yes, in fact, good AAs. Two thumbs up!" People have to remember that some of the most advanced AAs Disney has used stateside are in NFL. Lumiere, Ursula, and Sebastian are some of the finest AAs I have ever seen. So for DC23 to "confirm" that we are getting more quality AAs doesn't seem beyond believable.
Yes, DC23 is new. OK, so he has to "earn" his stripes. There is no reason to bust his chops. We will know the score soon enough.

And I am putting my money on DC23 being correct and there being quality AAs in this attraction. That still doesn't mean that it' snot a 90 sec. Large Kiddie/Small Family coaster with a shocking lack of show scenes.

What has been the reliability of Lumiere as of recent? I remember when he first came out he had all sorts of downtime because of issues.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I understand what your saying, Soarin' but I believe there is a difference between asking someone to back up their claims (which is whats happening here), or being flat out rude and aggressive.

If we grant a new member "insider" status without proof beyond a blurry photo and an invoice that could easily be made on any pc then we are opening the flood gates in a sense. I feel its disrespectful to the verified insiders and takes away from the integrity of this very well respected website.

I totally see your point of view but I feel like it was becoming more aggressive than questioning him needs to be, ya know?

This is the 'net. It's hard to tell if anyone is who they say they are. For all we know, one of our insiders could be Iger himself ;) But there's a point where being skeptical and personally attacking is reached. I was really hoping it didn't get to that.

It seems like there's a lot of tension on the boards lately. Maybe the lack of new rides, park upgrades, or the anticipation of this ride- C/D ticket or not- is starting to get to our heads. I blame winter.

But thank you for replying. I value your posts and typically like your insight. I'd hug you if I could, but that might be weird.

Soarin' Over Pgh

What has been the reliability of Lumiere as of recent? I remember when he first came out he had all sorts of downtime because of issues.

I don't recall that being the case with Lumiere, but with the Wardrobe which was down a lot.

I really wish there was a way of seeing these supposedly amazing animatronics (I haven't seen them, pardon the ignorance) without going through, essentially, a meet and greet (edit, or Youtube!) I considered it when I was there, but the long, LONG wait time and everyone in line being with a child to be a bit much.

I hate to say it, but I almost felt like a creep for considering it without having a small child in tow. Is this normal? Do adults go through the line sans-child and into the attraction?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I really wish there was a way of seeing these supposedly amazing animatronics (I haven't seen them, pardon the ignorance) without going through, essentially, a meet and greet (edit, or Youtube!) I considered it when I was there, but the long, LONG wait time and everyone in line being with a child to be a bit much.

I hate to say it, but I almost felt like a creep for considering it without having a small child in tow. Is this normal? Do adults go through the line sans-child and into the attraction?

You could always check the videos. I seem to remember there being a few good ones when the FLE opened.

Secondly, I don't think it's an issue to go in sans-kids, especially here. It's not a big line where you're guaranteed to be shoved in front of a character. You can likely just sit in the seats and enjoy the show without anyone really paying attention. Remember, every parent in there is going to be watching nothing but their own children. The person next to me could have been on fire and I might not have noticed.
If the wait isn't long (which is a very valid concern), go for it. You can do it once and know you never HAVE to go back again if you don't want to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom